Dell 27” S2716DG 144hz Gsync $332 + $150 GC + free shipping

This is a great display. A year and a half ago I tried out a handful of other displays (including one that was $700 and IPS, Asus PG279Q) and returned all of them before landing on this monitor.

Damn thanks for the heads up.

Mine is showing $569.99 when I click on the link??

I see a freesync version below for $322???

Good luck using or selling the gc. I have the monitor and this is a good deal, if you have a use for the gc

Except you won’t receive the digital gift card for at least a few weeks. I didn’t read the specifics but it’s always 2+ weeks. I waited almost a month for my gc
Ah that stinks, Newegg got me my GCs instantly when I do their GC deals.

The ghosting on this monitor is very bad, just FYI. I have two and it's terrible on both.

The ghosting on this monitor is very bad, just FYI. I have two and it's terrible on both.

https://www.dell.com/community/Monitors/S2716DG-GTX-970-G-Sync-ghosting-white-trail/td-p/4710173

‎04-30-2018 08:23 AM

S2716DG, GTX 1060, G-Sync, 144Hz, ghosting

The issue is with OSD/Display/Response Time, page 32 set to Fast with screen resolution set to 2560x1440 with a refresh rate of 144Hz. I set mine to Normal and the issue went away. I am running this display with a EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC. If your video card supports G-SYNC then using ULMB is not a solution. ULMB enabled does not support G-SYNC and only goes up to 120Hz refresh rate. I am guessing that the monitor doesn't really support the fast refresh rate setting at 144Hz refresh?

Yeah, it doesn't "go away". It is improved if you turn the response time down, but still definitely apparent. Also at the cost of more latency by setting it to "Normal".

Yeah, it doesn't "go away". It is improved if you turn the response time down, but still definitely apparent. Also at the cost of more latency by setting it to "Normal".

Maybe you have a bad panel. Mine has no ghosting at all and the Dell is one of the highest rated monitors when it comes to motion and latency.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/s2716dgr-s2716dg

"Outstanding pixel response time, good enough for even the fastest motion. Most of the blur in the photo is due to 144 Hz persistence; barely any ghosting trail can be seen following the moving logo at all, which is excellent. The 'Response Time Normal' overdrive setting was the best; the 'Fast' setting had very bad overshoot and is not recommended. Overall, this response time is very fast, even better than most gaming monitors."

"Excellent low input lag, good enough for even competitive gamers. The G-Sync input lag is roughly equal to the native 144 Hz input lag, which is great; using the ULMB backlight flicker feature adds a little bit more input lag, but it's still fairly low. "

My panel I don't notice any ghosting either.

Also I think if you are using HDMI it can cause ghosting. I myself use DP.

It does have little ghosting issue in some color range.
24" don't have it but is 6 bit. :borg:

Maybe you have a bad panel. Mine has no ghosting at all and the Dell is one of the highest rated monitors when it comes to motion and latency.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/s2716dgr-s2716dg

"Outstanding pixel response time, good enough for even the fastest motion. Most of the blur in the photo is due to 144 Hz persistence; barely any ghosting trail can be seen following the moving logo at all, which is excellent. The 'Response Time Normal' overdrive setting was the best; the 'Fast' setting had very bad overshoot and is not recommended. Overall, this response time is very fast, even better than most gaming monitors."

"Excellent low input lag, good enough for even competitive gamers. The G-Sync input lag is roughly equal to the native 144 Hz input lag, which is great; using the ULMB backlight flicker feature adds a little bit more input lag, but it's still fairly low. "
I have two, right now, and have had two more in the past. Every one of them have had the exact same issue. "barely any ghosting" right in your quoted article - for some, such as myself, any ghosting is an issue. Just bringing awareness to this thread for others - I have no intent on buying a 5th one of these.

Back