Dell-27-Gaming-Monitor--S2716DG $549 Free shipping

Uggghhh! Someone please buy for me for christmas! Any reason to want a swift or acer/benq equivalent over this? The benq doesn't have g-sync. Dell has the better QC and customer service I reckon.

I guess all the posts got deleted...

Does anyone know if you can do crosshair overlay like on the Asus monitor?

I have only seen two since I opened it. I know there was another Dell thread but that was for the Dell website which was 629

Might have been the $599 newegg deal. Just checked it and all the comments were deleted.

I contacted Dell yesterday as they had it for $629 Cdn last week. I found out about it a bit late, Microsoft would not give it to me for that price. I contacted Dell and they gave it to me at that price. So kudos to them. Why were all the posts deleted?

I guess all the posts got deleted...

Does anyone know if you can do crosshair overlay like on the Asus monitor?

I think I can count on one or two fingers the number of times I have used that feature on my RoG Swift... I forgot it even existed...

There is no possible way I can mow enough lawns and build enough computers for people by tonight to pay for this monitor!!!! The humanity!

Here's a video on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bInlia1ghc

After watching it I kinda feel like maybe the price of this monitor will be driven down. As the reviewer states the $800 starting point is obviously way too high for a TN in 2015. But he states that around $500 it would be a great deal. This is just a little above $500. Does anyone think the price might come down around $500 any time soon? I'm debating breaking the bank for this, but I'm worried that buyer remorse will set in if around the bend a nice 1440P 144hz IPS 27" pops up for anywhere around $600-700.

Last edited:
The Asus IPS G-Sync monitor just came out at $800...I have to imagine prices will drop as more are released to the market. Right now there are only a handful of G-Sync monitors.

I'm holding out for an IPS at ~$500 myself.

Acer XB270HU is IPS Gsync 1440p 27" at $700 mark

Mmmm... Well I think I will also hold out for my dream monitor at $500. (27" IPS 1440p 144hz G-sync) with good QC limited IPS glow.

they already dropped prices in response to the XB270HU. they're not going down any further any time soon.

Acer XB270HU is IPS Gsync 1440p 27" at $700 mark

Mmmm... Well I think I will also hold out for my dream monitor at $500. (27" IPS 1440p 144hz G-sync) with good QC limited IPS glow.

That's a convenient way of talking yourself out of a monitor for, perhaps ever... Might as well ditch the IPS all together and go with OLED. Heck, that'll probably happen before IPS with no IPS glow.

this is the great on again/off again deal. Hopefully after the Christmas Holidays they will be fixed at $549 or less. Here is to hoping.

That's a convenient way of talking yourself out of a monitor for, perhaps ever... Might as well ditch the IPS all together and go with OLED. Heck, that'll probably happen before IPS with no IPS glow.

They'll drop in price. If so, I'll pick up an IPS G-Sync. If not, I'll consider a TN G-Sync if my current monitor dies/whatever. Right now I see zero reason to spend that kind of money on a monitor unless it's a significant upgrade, and going from IPS to TN does not qualify as that for me.

Damn just got this from Adorama for $530 after $40 rebate, but I hate rebates. I've seen reviews comparing this panel to an IPS and they say the colors are really good for a TN.

IPS glow is terrible but these newer TN panels look way better than people think.

These threads always bring out the IPS snobs but give these TN panels a shot before writing them off based on old stigma.

Ill bet the prices will fall to $500 soon enough. Weve already seen $529 AR.

Thanks OP, I bought one of these from Adorama when they were $529 AR last week. I grabbed a screenshot from the Microsoft sale yesterday - going to submit it to Discover for a $20 price adjustment. Should make it $509 AR. It should be here tomorrow, looking forward to trying it out.

IPS glow is terrible but these newer TN panels look way better than people think.

These threads always bring out the IPS snobs but give these TN panels a shot before writing them off based on old stigma.

Ill bet the prices will fall to $500 soon enough. Weve already seen $529 AR.

I think the thing is that the vast, vast majority of previous TN screens (even the first 144hz panels) still had pretty awful picture quality. It's these 1440p 144hz TNs that are a significant jump forward thanks to the true 8bit panel and such. Unfortunately most people just assume that they're just as bad as the old ones, which is totally not true.

The video above shows that the viewing angle is fairly bad, on this very display. So it's not "old stigma", it's just the way they work.

The video above shows that the viewing angle is fairly bad, on this very display. So it's not "old stigma", it's just the way they work.

I don't think anyone was necessarily talking about viewing angles; that's kind of a given. They were probably talking about color. That being said the horizontal angles on my RoG Swift are fine. It's mainly the vertical that's fairly bad. But mainly people were talking about color accuracy and such. These panels are indeed a lot better than people think. It doesn't quite hold up to my Qnix, but it looks great nonetheless.

That and most viewing is towards the center, unless you're messing up your posture on purpose. In which case you will have worse problems to worry about come a few years down the line.

Ive heard this for years but how often are you moving your head up and down or side to side while gaming? Most of the time you are looking dead center.

The shifting is there but Ive never noticed it unless Im standing while reading my screen.

....and Im on my new asus 24" 1080p 144hz version so Im not talking about this Dell. I cant fit a 27" on my desk otherwise I would buy this in a heartbeat. Heres to hoping for a 24" g-sync 4k monitor.

Back