Dell 27" G-Sync Monitor - S2716DG - $566 + $200 GC + Tax + FS - 2560 x 1440 at 144 Hz

Still a TN panel though. Not bad at all for the price though. A steal if you plan to buy something else through Dell.

Honestly though, I'd still go for a PG279Q, or an Acer XB271HU. Yes you have to deal with a HORRIBLE lottery in terms of getting a good panel. But if you do, god they are beautiful. But this being half the price after the gift card if you plan to get something else from dell anyways...makes it hard to pass up for anyone looking for a swift equivalent.

I canceled my 3rd replacement. Colors on my 2007 hp look less washed out by brightness. The AG coating is terrible it focuses white/ light in a way that gives me a migraine. Many have blacklight bleed and pressure spots. 2016 monitors are pretty craptastic, G-Sync is great I will say that but it's a great feature put into old monitor technology.

Be Careful about the Gift Card offers. They expire rather quickly, so use them quickly. Found that out the hard way recently.

^ with that info, a lot of people are in a hurry to dump theirs. I was able to purchase 500 dollars for 400 today before ordering this. So my total for the deal was 498 + a 200 gift card! Can't beat it! I got 2x250 gift cards so I had to order via chat to apply both but they had no issues doing so!

If I'm not mistaken Dell doesn't consider BLB as a reason for return/exchange so it might be best to order elsewhere

SOLD OUT

I was contemplating this deal, just not a good time money wise for me to be buying a new monitor. Glad now the decision was made for me

I love reading reading the usual whining about TN panels by people who are rocking some potato displays. If you want pretty colors buy a fancy NEC IPS or DELL. By the way, NEC 302W is fantastic.

I'll be the echo in the room.

TN :/

I currently have the Dell U2515H 24, 1440p/60hz monitor. It's a beauty but I want to upgrade to GSYNC.

I have this monitor, and I really like it. Before I got this I was sure my next monitor would be IPS, but after a lot of searching and using different monitors, I've concluded that IPS is simply WAY overrated.

Why do companies insist on running 144hz with TN panels? Very Annoying

Probably because the tech has better motion clarity naturally?

It's funny, the whole TN, IPS, etc. thing didn't really matter to people all that much, until information about it became more commonplace. However, the only takeaway 90% people (along with the majority of the posters in this topic apparently) got out of it was that "LOL IPS/PLS/etc.=GOOD, TN=BAD; LONG LIVE IPS" without recognizing the fact that each panel tech has its own strengths and weaknesses. Now there are just a bunch of headless chickens on here flocking to the TN IS BAD booth, while looking at gaming monitors. Well, Acer sure picked a great time to release its IPS line, while Dell picked a bad one.

FYI, these panels are full 8 bit. Not 6 bit+ FRC. They're full 8 bit. I won't say this thing ("this thing" being the ROG Swift, which is pretty much equivalent) necessarily looks quite as good as the Qnix next to it, but it's a far cry from practically every TN panel I have seen. Though, it's hard to say which one is actually more accurate without some calibrator; for all I know the Swift is more accurate anyway. I won't say the viewing angles are the best. That part is a sure downside of the tech. One that I tend to avoid by... you know... looking at my monitor straight on while playing games. Maybe this matters more to you folks who apparently all like to look at the monitor at >130 degree angles while gaming.

It's funny, the whole TN, IPS, etc. thing didn't really matter to people all that much, until information about it became more commonplace. However, the only takeaway 90% people (along with the majority of the posters in this topic apparently) got out of it was that "LOL IPS/PLS/etc.=GOOD, TN=BAD; LONG LIVE IPS" without recognizing the fact that each panel tech has its own strengths and weaknesses. Now there are just a bunch of headless chickens on here flocking to the TN IS BAD booth, while looking at gaming monitors. Well, Acer sure picked a great time to release its IPS line, while Dell picked a bad one.

FYI, these panels are full 8 bit. Not 6 bit+ FRC. They're full 8 bit. I won't say this thing ("this thing" being the ROG Swift, which is pretty much equivalent) necessarily looks quite as good as the Qnix next to it, but it's a far cry from practically every TN panel I have seen. Though, it's hard to say which one is actually more accurate without some calibrator; for all I know the Swift is more accurate anyway. I won't say the viewing angles are the best. That part is a sure downside of the tech. One that I tend to avoid by... you know... looking at my monitor straight on while playing games. Maybe this matters more to you folks who apparently all like to look at the monitor at >130 degree angles while gaming.
Very well put. Thank you for your response

Well put indeed!
Great write up. Thanks for taking the time.

i went from a PB278Q (PLS) to a PG278Q (TN) and i agree with you. in fact i had a hard time differentiating between the two when i ran them side by side in duplicate screen mode.

I love reading reading the usual whining about TN panels by people who are rocking some potato displays. If you want pretty colors buy a fancy NEC IPS or DELL. By the way, NEC 302W is fantastic.
Okay great where's the G-Sync options then.

Back