Dell 2410WA on wiki, is this some sort of joke?

Falling Anvil

[H]ard|Gawd
I was just looking at the comment section on a recent anandtech article, and someone mentioned a 24" E-IPS 2410WA on the Dell monitor wiki. I went over there to confirm and sure enough it was there.

However, I searched google for any mention of it elsewhere and so far there doesn't seem to be anything on it save for some comments on a few forum threads and the like, which leads me to doubt the existence of a 2410WA for now. It certainly sounds like the monitor everyone has been waiting, which is exactly my problem with it: Who says it isn't some sort of cruel joke at this point?

But enough of my whining, you can see it here.

Look at the history of that wiki page - it was edited in yesterday (June 17). I'll let experts decipher where 203.221.216.66 comes from. Clicking on the talk page for that IP address shows some vandalism warnings, but that may be due to it being a shared IP.

Looking in the same area as the 2209WA is found (Dell Small & Medium Business section), there is no 2140WA to be found.

203.221.216.66 resolves to gw.warringah.nsw.gov.au, which is the (shared) gateway address of the local government of Warringah Council, New South Wales, Australia. I wouldn't put any faith in its accuracy.

Yeah I saw that too, which is why I'm being very skeptical.

Plus it's not sorted on the list, which seems to sort by monitor size.

Still, one can dream. :)

I'm really skeptical about this, but if its real this is awesome! 24" E-IPS with HDMI! Woot!

Wasn't the 2209WA first revealed as e-IPS on CNET Australia?

Doesn't mean anything, but odd coincidence. The source was kind of surprising back then too, but they are the closest English speaking country to the origin of these monitors.

Why would anyone "vandalize" such info? Probably can be a Dell company leak.

Yeah, there's little or no reason to make up stuff like this. I know IPS monitors have hardcore following, but seriously... Screwing with minority of people that actually care about the panel type is less fun than screwing with some wider audience (fake ps3, new xbox, whatever)

Man I really hope this is true. I'd be selling my 2209WA in a second to pick this up.

Someone already took the liberty of deleting 2410WA's reference. It surely was fake. :(

Either a 24" or 26" is really possible with the LG e-IPS panels, that being the 24 inch version LM240WU4-SLB1 and the 26-inch model LM260WU2-SLA2, as the processing electronics would be pretty much the same same. Stand would have to change for the 26" however.

Tim

Either a 24" or 26" is really possible with the LG e-IPS panels, that being the 24 inch version LM240WU4-SLB1 and the 26-inch model LM260WU2-SLA2, as the processing electronics would be pretty much the same same. Stand would have to change for the 26" however.

Tim

They are both wide-gamut units.

More from LG:

In order to get round this problem, with the Wide Color Gamut (WCG) technology, used by LG Display, pigmented phosphor is coated on the top surface of the CCFL tubes thus allowing cover of up to 102 percent of the NTSC color space. The result is an exceptionally vibrant and true-to-life color rendition. For example, the 24-inch LM240WU4-SLB1 panel excels with a resolution of 10 bits per color, whereby ultimately 1.07 billion colors can be generated.

In addition to the excellent color rendition, the displays in 16:10 format also impress with their wide vertical and horizontal viewing angles of 178°, an extensive impact resistance and fast reaction times between 5.5 ms and 7 ms.

The 22-inch panel LM220WE4-SLB1 is offered with 1680 x 1050 pixel resolution (WSXGA+), the 24 inch version LM240WU4-SLB1 and the 26-inch model LM260WU2-SLA2 in WUXGA resolution (1920 x 1200 pixels). Further common characteristics of the displays, which are designed for an operating temperature range from 0°C to +50°C, are 400 cd/m² brightness, a contrast ratio of 1000:1 and a backlight lifespan of minimum 40,000 hours.

The new displays are based on LG Displays' own AH3/IPS technology. The abbreviation stands for Advanced High Performance and describes the current level of development of In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology. In recent years, with help of this technology among other things the translucence could be increased by 15% and the power consumption significantly reduced. Thanks to the AH3/IPS technology, all types of information can be rendered without any contrast loss and color shift worth mentioning. Color "washout" - noticeable with wider viewing angles -, which occurs with other technologies, is not present. The advantage compared to competitive technologies also increases with higher resolution.

The Dell UltraSharp 2209WA uses the LM220WE4-SLB1 for now . . .

Tim

Also Dell could "re-brand" the forthcoming LG W2420P - 24" monitor with 1920 x 1200 resolution, 5ms G2G response time, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 400 cd/m2 brightness, 178/178 viewing angles that uses the LG LM240WU4-SLB1 panel.

Tim

In which models will the 24" and 26" will be used?
As far as I know, LG W2420P was canceled.

The lm240wu4 is in the LP2475W and the lm260wu2 is in the lcd2690wuxi2.

A 24" E-IPS is supposed to exist, case in point being the lcd2490wuxi2 and the canceled W2420P.

edit - To clarify, LCD units contain the backlight as well. So you can't take the lm240wu4 and put it into the W2420P which was confirmed as an sRGB monitor.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering, has anyone really nailed down the differences between E-IPS and S-IPS/H-IPS? Any discernible difference in quality that would make it a dealbreaker? :confused:

The consensus around SlickDeals (I know, I know, not the most reliable source of information) when the 2209WA was on sale for $200 was that E-IPS was better than TN but generally not as good as the "quality" panels (S-PVA, IPS, etc).

Does this mean that this is coming soon and we should expect a release or it was just a typo
signature_distory.jpg

The lm240wu4 is in the LP2475W and the lm260wu2 is in the lcd2690wuxi2.

A 24" E-IPS is supposed to exist, case in point being the lcd2490wuxi2 and the canceled W2420P.

It seems like HP is doing what Dell has done in the past, used different panels for different production cycles and different markets - In the US the HP LP2475w (KD911A8#ABA / KD911A4#ABA) current production IS NOT IPS (and this was confirmed by several emails to and from HP, with "no comment" on exact panel used other than it was a 24-inch (61-cm) Wide-Aspect Active Matrix TFT (thin film transistor)).

I am still trying to find out what panel is being used in current US production.

The LG W2420P may be still "alive" in some markets (not EU, ?NA?), trying to find out more.

Tim

It seems like HP is doing what Dell has done in the past, used different panels for different production cycles and different markets - In the US the HP LP2475w (KD911A8#ABA / KD911A4#ABA) current production IS NOT IPS (and this was confirmed by several emails to and from HP, with "no comment" on exact panel used other than it was a 24-inch (61-cm) Wide-Aspect Active Matrix TFT (thin film transistor)).

I am still trying to find out what panel is being used in current US production.

The LG W2420P may be still "alive" in some markets (not EU, ?NA?), trying to find out more.

Tim

wait, am i reading this right?

are you saying that the HP LP247w is being manufactured with a different type of panel now?

wait, am i reading this right?

are you saying that the HP LP247w is being manufactured with a different type of panel now?

I asked HP US Technical support the following question:

What is the panel made of e-IPS or active TFT, the HP documentation, and website differ on this point several times several ways . . .

Stephen Arguelles
Hewlett-Packard Corporation
SMB Inside Sales Representative
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Ph. (800)888-5858 Ext. 7714413
Fax: (505) 796-5129
Email- [email protected]

He replied as follows:

This monitor has the active TFT...
Here is the specs:
24-inch (61-cm) Wide-Aspect Active Matrix TFT (thin film transistor)

Since I am a HP Partner, and deal with US distribution, I am going another route to to try to nail down what panel exactly is in the monitor, I suspect a Samsung S-PVA..

Tim

What is the panel made of e-IPS or active TFT, the HP documentation, and website differ on this point several times several ways . . .

Er, that's really the question you asked him? e-IPS is active matrix TFT, it's been over a decade since any other technology was used in computer monitors.

Er, that's really the question you asked him? e-IPS is active matrix TFT, it's been over a decade since any other technology was used in computer monitors.

I had several emails, and few telephone calls, he seemed to know what HP Business Monitors were IPS, and that this one was not one of them.

Also one of the larger distributors, Tech Data, cannot confirm what the panel type is.

Tim

I asked HP US Technical support the following question:

Stephen Arguelles
Hewlett-Packard Corporation
SMB Inside Sales Representative
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Ph. (800)888-5858 Ext. 7714413
Fax: (505) 796-5129
Email- [email protected]

He replied as follows:

This monitor has the active TFT...
Here is the specs:
24-inch (61-cm) Wide-Aspect Active Matrix TFT (thin film transistor)

Since I am a HP Partner, and deal with US distribution, I am going another route to to try to nail down what panel exactly is in the monitor, I suspect a Samsung S-PVA..

Tim

Get out of here with this FUD mongering. That question doesn't even make sense, and his answer fits any monitor made in the last 10 years.

The LP2475w is a small business product. Don't spread FUD based on one idiot's e-mail response, the dude may just be the janitor for all we know, he probably could'nt tell the difference if two different technologies were sitting right infront of him.

Stephen Arguelles is a HP SMB Inside Sales Representative, where SMB is “Small Midsize Business” and he is not a janitor.

Should have a further update by the middle of next week as to the panel used on the US HP LP2475w (KD911A8#ABA / KD911A4#ABA).

On the HP US website for the LP2475w note the following:

Display type - Wide-aspect active matrix TFT

On the HP US website for the LP2480zx note the following:

Display type - IPS wide-aspect screen

So if the US HP LP2475w (KD911A8#ABA / KD911A4#ABA) was IPS, that would be a desirable marketing feature, and would be listed, but it is not.

Also the current HP US product information pumped out to CNET lists the US HP LP2475w (KD911A8#ABA / KD911A4#ABA) as “Wide-aspect active matrix TFT”.

Tim

It has been KD911A8/4 since it first came out. The LP2475W is NOT e-IPS.

I wish you would try some critical reading here.

You are getting garbage responses because your questions are flawed.

What is the panel made of e-IPS or active TFT

The LP2475W is several years old and wide-gamut. How could it possibly be e-IPS? Active TFT? as opposed to Passive TFT found in calculators?

Last edited:
It has been KD911A8/4 since it first came out. The LP2475W is NOT e-IPS.

The problem here is that many reviews, especially EU based reviews are indicating that US HP LP2475w (KD911A8#ABA / KD911A4#ABA) was or is e-IPS, not I. I suspect it is S-PVA just as the LP2275w. Also HP has some documentation about that did mention that the US HP LP2475w (KD911A8#ABA / KD911A4#ABA) was/is IPS, and still other documentation that is not.

It is possible that HP switched panels, an/or used different used different panels for different markets, but I doubt it, as I believe it has always been S-PVA from day one.

With that said, it might be very interesting to compare the LP2475w to the new Samsung F2380.

Tim

The problem here is that many reviews, especially EU based reviews are indicating that US HP LP2475w (KD911A8#ABA / KD911A4#ABA) was or is e-IPS, not I. I suspect it is S-PVA just as the LP2275w. Also HP has some documentation about that did mention that the US HP LP2475w (KD911A8#ABA / KD911A4#ABA) was/is IPS, and still other documentation that is not.

It is possible that HP switched panels, an/or used different used different panels for different markets, but I doubt it, as I believe it has always been S-PVA from day one.

With that said, it might be very interesting to compare the LP2475w to the new Samsung F2380.

Tim

If you believe that then your eyesight is gone, man. You could look through the LP2475W thread for evidence that will change your mind, or find user impressions elsewhere like this one that show photographically that what you believe is wrong.

what is this guy on about lol. There are 100 pages of evidence that this is and always has been H-IPS, you come on and give the worst evidence I've ever seen to try and counter these 100 pages.

Are you the disgruntled Dell senior engineer who made the bad decision to go with PVA for the 2408 and now drinking 8 pints of guinness a day and spreading fud on the internet?

Tim

First of all, stop posting two HP part numbers like they are different models, those are just different marketing numbers for the same model.

Second, maybe you should provide links to these EU reviews stating they think this panel is eIPS, which is utterly rediculous if you have ever seen the panel it clearly has the H-IPS pixel structure.

Third, what the hell does the panel in the LP2275w have to do with the LP2475w?

Fourth, if the idiot is not the janitor, then I wager he still couldn't tell an IPS from a TN considering his answer to your question, instead of telling you basic infromation he read from the companies web site that is true of 100% of monitors regardless of panel type.

It seems like Dell has “indirectly” two days ago confirmed the existence of the forthcoming of a new display, the Dell UltraSharp 2410W.

Dell Forum Moderator “Chris M” in a posting on July 14th, 2009 at 12:59 in a topic “Dell Monitor Defective Pixel Policy” the following:

For UltraSharp flat panel monitors (for example, U2410, U2710, 2208WFP, 2408WFP), Dell will replace the monitor if it has ANY defective pixels as covered by the Premium Panel Guarantee.

Please note the mode number example U2410 (also note the U2710) and URL for above:

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19284439.aspx

And another item found on another forum there has been a Certificate No. 50153811 for a GS-Mark for a Dell u2410f, please see both URL below:

http://www.tuvdotcom.com/pi/web/Pro...lId=3&certpageindex=&sLand=&sLang=&searchbox=

http://www.tuvdotcom.com/pi/web/Pro...lId=1&certpageindex=&sLand=&sLang=&searchbox=

Also, note in the second UR, this new product makes use of the LM240WU4 panel, this is a LG IPS panel.

It is fairly obvious that with the Dell UltraSharp 2209WA, also an IPS monitor, that Dell was “too aggressive” in pricing, and positioning this new 24” model is going to be “tricky” as the closest competition is the IPS based HP LP2475w and Dell's own S-PVA based UltraSharp 2408WFP. Moreover, this area could become even more competitive if the LG W2420P is imported to North America.

From another source, ordering should be mid-August, with delivery by late August.

Tim :D

Last edited:
O...M...G!!?!?!? :eek:

if this is indeed true. it's what I've been waiting for, for god knows how long.

If the 2209WA shortages keep up, I shouldn't have any trouble selling it and replacing it with one of those. Awesome news, thanks.

Back