Dell 2408WFP Now Available

it's been 4 years since i've owned a PC or a monitor for that matter (laptops FTMFW). but this 2408WFP make me want to get one, i heard its a S-IPS panel? anyone confirm it? eagerly awaiting its release as well.. funny how they sold it and then stop selling it. if it wasn't a recall what was it? guess maybe they want to sell off all the old models before they sell the new ones.

There's a quick mention in Anandtech's review of the 245T; page 4:

...the 2407WFP is due for replacement in the near future. (Yes, we will be reviewing the replacement as soon as the NDA expires.)

Mentioned in the same breath as S-PVA... good news I wonder?

EDIT: Interesting...

2408WFP NDA expiry by hotdogandchips, 41 minutes ago
Jarred, can you tell us when the NDA regarding the 2408WFP expires by any chance? ;0

RE: 2408WFP NDA expiry by JarredWalton, 27 minutes ago
LOL... actually, no, I can't. Funny thing is that the date isn't set in stone just yet either, which is part of the reason I can't say. It's supposed to be this month, based on what I heard at CES, but it might get moved to early March?

Hello, latest info which I have from dell representative, it will be possible to order 2408wfp from 20th february,with deliveries in first March week.
So waaait... ;)

Hello, latest info which I have from dell representative, it will be possible to order 2408wfp from 20th february,with deliveries in first March week.
So waaait... ;)
so...is it S-IPS or PVA? nobody seems to know for sure...

I recently got a 2007WFP. On the stand it named for which models this stand is compatible with. It had 2007WFP, 2407WFP, and 2408WFP.

Something is going down.

Tonight I packed up my Gateway 24 inch in anticipation of buying this. Tomorrow is my last day to return my Gateway so I figure I should return it while I still have the chance and wait for the Dell. I just hope they release it soon, my 2001FP seems lacking since I had the Gateway on my desk for the last 12 days. Hurry up Dell!

Latest info from DELL manager: PVA (Vertical Alignment)
My question: Is it better than S-IPS? :)

Going by the basest stereotypes of the technologies; For fast paced gaming yes, for most everything else, no.

I recently got a 2007WFP. On the stand it named for which models this stand is compatible with. It had 2007WFP, 2407WFP, and 2408WFP.

Something is going down.

My 2407-HC had the same thing.

Except I ordered it in October (last year) - so it's been nothing new, it's been just Dell twiddling their thumbs and making us wait it out :p

Looks like it's also out in Belgium, priced at 814,33 euros. Hoping to read the first reviews soon!

Does anyone have pictures of it yet? And does anyone know if it's gonna be better then the latest 2407? I currently have a Dell 2407 ao3 and I'm thinking of selling to get this bad boy!

Does anyone have pictures of it yet? And does anyone know if it's gonna be better then the latest 2407? I currently have a Dell 2407 ao3 and I'm thinking of selling to get this bad boy!

Well I have the same Dell 2407 ao3, and I'm sure it will be better. Not that hard considering the flaws of the 2407wfp-HC and the aging of the non-hc 2407wfp compared to the few newer VA panels today.

The real question is if its worth the premium it will have for the first 6 months. Glad I did not wait to find out actually.

Anyone confirm if it's IPS or PVA?

I just got finished with a chat with Dell. They confirmed it was an S-PVA.

12:37:11 PM Me Do you know what type of LCD panel it uses? S-IPS, S-PVA?
12:38:12 PM E&A_CHAT_Eddie I need to check on the panel type, so give me a moment for that.
12:38:32 PM Me Ok
12:41:08 PM E&A_CHAT_Eddie It's a new product, so that information is a little difficult to find. Bear with me one more minute
12:41:15 PM Me alright
12:45:54 PM E&A_CHAT_Eddie S-PVA
12:46:04 PM Me okay, thanks so much for your help
12:46:14 PM E&A_CHAT_Eddie E&A Chat is still a growing program and we want to make sure you get the best experience here with us, so if you have time please take a minute to answer our 5 question survey at the end of this chat. If you have any other comments feel free to e-mail my manager at [email protected].
12:46:15 PM E&A_CHAT_Eddie Have a great day!

It has viewing angles of 178 degrees. Is that typical for a PVA panel? I thought IPS were the only ones that could do near 180 degrees.

Well for that much it would have to be a really nice monitor.

Its too much to just go buy and try it out. Ill let somebody else bang it around at that price.

Instead of looking at, as $700 for a 24" s-pva. One could look at it as $700 for a 24" LCD that possibly does not have the problems associated with the previous versions. Though waiting for a legit review of the product in question would be a must.

I just purchased the 2407WFP-HC a few weeks back and found out that the 2408WFP model was released today. I decided to return the 2407 model for the 2408. I just placed the order with Dell with a 10% off coupon I got from eBay. The total with 5-year exchange program came out to $738 or something like that.

Will report in once it gets here!

BTW, I did not have the ghosting issues as others have mentioned. Well, I did have the green shadow ghosting thing, but by toning down the RGB values, this was fixed nicely.

I bought it. Figured if there are any major issues I'll just get it replaced. Plus a 10% off coupon for $5 on ebay saved me tax and next-day shipping, $701 total.

I bought it. Figured if there are any major issues I'll just get it replaced. Plus a 10% off coupon for $5 on ebay saved me tax and next-day shipping, $701 total.

It'll still take 1-2 weeks for it to ship right? You could bring us the first review. I'm looking forward to it.

Why does it still have the 2407 housing? Didn't they re-align all their new 08s with the glass base stand and brush alu. bezel? 2707/3008, etc?

It'll still take 1-2 weeks for it to ship right? You could bring us the first review. I'm looking forward to it.

I saw that on the website, but when I called to order, the sales guy told me it should ship between today and Friday. I'm hoping that I'll have the monitor by next week.

While I don't know much about the technical details of displays, if I get mine soon enough, I"ll be sure to write something up!

Went ahead and bought this monitor. Used an eBay 10% coupon along with Dell's free shipping.

Total $673.14 with tax. :D

I just returned a 2407hc a couple of weeks ago with some pretty bad ghosting (warm up monitor for 40min, solid 80-90% grey background, move "my computer" icon around, follow it with eyes)

I'm interested in this though. I'm glad they kept it at $699 instead of $749.

How did you guys get the cupon from ebay? Im going to get a monitor by mid or late march, this might be it if the reviews are good :p

How did you guys get the cupon from ebay? Im going to get a monitor by mid or late march, this might be it if the reviews are good :p

Just search eBay for a 10% off coupon. Make sure its for E&A items! The user I purchased my coupon from e-mailed me the coupon code a few minutes after I wont the auction.

BTW, would the difference between a 3000:1 to 1000:1 contrast ratio be noticeable? I had no issues with my 2407WFP-HC, but I decided to return it in favor of the 3000:1 contrast ratio and HDMI port.

asodamiac said:
BTW, would the difference between a 3000:1 to 1000:1 contrast ratio be noticeable? I had no issues with my 2407WFP-HC, but I decided to return it in favor of the 3000:1 contrast ratio and HDMI port.
No, because 3000:1 is the bogus er I mean dynamic contrast ratio. The real contrast ratio should be the same as the 2407WFP-HC.

Random noobish question, what does the "HC" suffix designate? I couldn't quite figure it out via Google...

No, because 3000:1 is the bogus er I mean dynamic contrast ratio. The real contrast ratio should be the same as the 2407WFP-HC.

Darn, I thought it would have made a difference in image quality, but oh well. The upgrade to the 2408 only cost me an extra $30 bucks and now I get HDMI and Displayport options.

As for users who had their monitors shipped, did you order online or by phone? I placed my order by phone and the estimated ship date is 3/5 with the estimated delivery date as 3/10.

Back