Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 Spotted.

Well, my A04 has banding, the gradients are not smooth.

I would send this one back to, but I hate talking to DELL.

I just snagged a like new 2407FPW A04 off Craigslist for $350 with 2 and a half years left on its warranty

I don't see any ghosting or banding issues at all monitor looks great not a single dead pix

Sweet deal sometimes you just get lucky :D

Hi folks

After much trouble with the colors from the HC version, I just got my mom a 2407WFP non-HC on ebay, new with Dell warranty (yet to be confirmed).

I was quite surprised to discover that in the main menu, there's no Contrast setting. Contrary to her old Viewsonic LCD, she can only tweak the Brightness.

There also doesn't seem to have an Auto Adjust option in the main menu.
The monitor is REV A04, and what's weird (to me) is the "2407WFPb" model number on the rightmost label on the back.

One of my friends got herself a 2407WFP direct from Dell just before it got updated on the site. Hers has both the Contrast setting and Auto Adjust.

Tell me it's not normal. Tell me I got an outdated A04 from China or something in the likes... It has no dead pixels, which is great, but not being able to adjust contrast is bothersome to say the least, after seeing how the HC version reacted badly when contrast was set too high (whites becoming green, pale greys becoming purple.

This screen also exhibits green ghosting to some degree, I witnessed it on Firefox' tabs, the Close (X) symbol of each tab makes a green shadow when I move the window... it's also visible on most text in web pages.

I think I could live with it if I paid it less. But I thought the non-HCs would become difficult to find so I got a bit crazy on the bidding and ended up shelling out only 100 euros less than Dell's website (736 euros before it got removed from the site). stupid me. I can still return it within the return window, so I'd rather know what's going on with this weird model I received.

Thanks in advance for any help, model numbers, etc...

On this monitor if you lower the individual R G B channels in the menu, you can get rid of the green ghosting. You only need to lower them to 95 for example. The monitor has no kelvin presets but I tuned the channels with a LaCie puck. If you want I'll post the values.
The only ways to "decent" color calibration are either a puck, or Mac OS X's quick and dirty monitor calibration routine which got me quite decent results for free. The screen's OSD is pretty useless here.

Back