Dell 2407wfp and xbox 360 settings help!!!

AY786

Limp Gawd
Right, ive just set up my xbox with this monitor again (previously, i use to connect it to this monitor then one day i got a pink screen via component setup and never used it since). Now after a year i was bored and decided to connect it back up and it works.

Problem is the settings to use for this monitor, i have totally forgotten and when playing gta 4, i noticed that everthing seemed bitmappy and not smooth etc. Can someone please give me detailed info on the settings best for this monitor and on the actual av cable, does this need to be on hdtv or just tv as im not sure these monitors are actual HD or not?

thanks

WTF is bitmappy, and not smooth? If you can define those terms, I'm sure someone might know what you're talking about ;)

You also need to tell us what kinda cable you're using. DVI, HDMI, Composite, Component, etc.

my bad, basically, when i play the xbox on my hdtv the graphics are perfect and not pixelated if you know what i mean but then on the dell monitor, the graphics are slightly pixelated and the quality isnt brilliant, which is why i wondered what settings are correct for this monitor.

ive connected it via component at the moment but do have a vga cable for it aswell as before the component cable never use to work

Looks like the screen is upscaling the image. Try the VGA connector and see if it's better. That or play around with the scaling options on the panel.

Back