Dell 2407 Problems & Seeking Answers...

Nahid

Limp Gawd
Ok, yesterday, my Dell 24' monitor faded out while watching a movie.

I don't know what happened, but the monitor is super-bright, and while watching a movie it started fading to black until it was completely black!

Anyone ever encounter a problem like this????

Also, the DVI-D cable, the monitor has 24 holes in it. Should I buy a cable w/ 24 pins for this particular Monitor?? And also, should I buy gold plated ones if i do purchase a new cable?? Does it make a difference??

Screensaver? Power settings? Presumably you hadn't moved the mouse for a while or touched the keyboard so it probably went to sleep?

Have you tried basic troublshooting steps? Unplug the monitor, DVI/VGA cables, Factory reset etc. If all else fails just call up Dell and they will cross ship you a new one.

To answer your second question. The gold plated cables are a gimmick and you should save your money.

Have you tried basic troublshooting steps? Unplug the monitor, DVI/VGA cables, Factory reset etc. If all else fails just call up Dell and they will cross ship you a new one.

To answer your second question. The gold plated cables are a gimmick and you should save your money.

Thanks bud!

Yes, I had to call up Dell. Talked w/ a representative to fix my problems. He asked me a bunch of noob questions, and finally decided to save himself the trouble and ship out a new one. I was very impressed though w/ the customer service of Dell. I was very shocked at the fact that they will send out a new monitor, pay for my shipping for the new monitor AND pay for the shipping of the defective monitor!

DELL ROCKS!

Now, this could have all not happened if the first monitor didn't fail. :(

But, Dell still rocks!

Ok, I got the new monitor, but for some reason it did the following;

Vertical lines showed up and changed the resolution while watching a movie. There were vertical lines all across the top of the monitor, and I could not put the mouse over it. I end up having to change monitor resolution to 1600x1200 and then change it back to 1920x1200.

Anyone ever had that problem???? If so, what causes it?

Hello,

My name is Richard; I am part of the Dell Online Community Outreach group, here in Round Rock, Texas. I read the thread which you explained what was happening with the monitor. Then I see in your last post, you got a replacement but is is not working.

Have you contacted technical support for another monitor replacement or have you figured out and resolved the issue? If you require fiurther assistance you can email me at [email protected], place attention Richard in the subject line.

Rregards,

Richard B
Dell Online Community Outreach

we're all assuming that the video card isn't to blame for the second problem no? looks like you have two machines, did you try the monitor on both?

we're all assuming that the video card isn't to blame for the second problem no? looks like you have two machines, did you try the monitor on both?
The videocard/drivers are the first thing you should suspect when having "monitor" issues...too often people overlook this until they get another monitor that has the same problem. Rma should be the last resort only after you have eliminated the videocard/drivers and cable as the source.

Hello,

My name is Richard; I am part of the Dell Online Community Outreach group, here in Round Rock, Texas. I read the thread which you explained what was happening with the monitor. Then I see in your last post, you got a replacement but is is not working.

Have you contacted technical support for another monitor replacement or have you figured out and resolved the issue? If you require fiurther assistance you can email me at [email protected], place attention Richard in the subject line.

Rregards,

Richard B

THANKS MUCH RICHARD!!!!

I haven't updated any drivers for the video card. I have a BFG 7800 GTX 256 Card.

Anyone have any links as to where I may update the driver for my video card?

I'll try that out and see what happens...

^I figured that much, but the exact update for my card would have been more useful and helpful!

Thanks though...

Hello,

This is Richard from Dell again to inquire the status of your display issue. Is the issue still present or have you corrected it. If you are working on this, could you tell me the type of computer you are using? Did you obtain the video card from Dell?

I do hope everything is working but if not reply with an update.

Thanks,

Richard B

Back