Dell 2407, black bars with lower res games

dee-vee

Weaksauce
Just got a Dell 2407. Using an ATI x1900xtx with vista. I want to be able to play games at lower resoltuons with black bars on the sides instead of it streching. I set it to center the image in the ati control panel but it doesnt seem to work. How come with the on screen menu the setting for this are blocked off? Is there any way to make this work?

On the 2407 its a known issue, many have said that the newer ATI cards dont have a scale to panel option, i dont know that as i have a X800XT, BUT! my X800XT has the scale to panel option, if you unckeck it, the display will not stretch the image. Secondly, the 2407 has its own issues here also, it will not support 1600x1200, both A02 and A03 will not do it.

See here a post made by DELL chrism recently about this issue :eek:

http://forum.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=69461

Enjoy, but id get ya refund and buy something that has less problems, the 2407 is riddled with little farty problems like this :D

In my experience, the image scaling option has no effect. I have a Dell 2407WFP. I can set wide mode option in the on screen menu to aspect for resolutions such as 1280 by 1024, but not 1600 by 1200. Further more the monitor does not retain the aspect option, each time the monitor changes resolution it defaults back to fill mode. Each time I open a game in 1280 by 1024 I have to choose the aspect mode buried in on screen menu.

I have used a Dell 2405WFP on the very same system and watched as it always ran aspect mode when I ran games in 4:3 or 5:4 aspects, even 1600 by 1200. This is without changing any other hardware of software. I was impressed that the monitor made running games that lacked wide screen support an effortless process. However this is not the case with the Dell 2407WFP, you have to choose the aspect mode each time the game is opened and 1600 by 1200 is not an option because it always in fill mode.

They were thinking that any company with decent drivers for their video cards would make it a non-issue. :p

What was BenQ thinking when they released their 24" with NO 1:1 mapping at all LOL......
Bit of a problem for things like ps2's :mad: cheap fools....

Back