Dell 2405fpw team. I return!!!!

IceWindus

n00b
Hmmm well sometimes in life you just don't learn your lesson until you learn it the hard way.

For me, I loved my 2405 from day one but the demands of Christmas and the shame of putting in on my credit card and wanting to spend more money on my girlfriend forced me to sell it and degrade to a Hyundai L90D+

I[ll tell you one thing, when you go from a 24" widescreen beauty to a ugly duckling 19" square LCD, you will cry yourself to sleep. I simply went bezerk trying to get use to the "square" nature of regular 5:4 ratio monitors. I missed my workspace, I missed the ability to have crap loads of windows open at once, I missed being able to watch videos, work on a spreedsheet and view web at the same time.

Not only that, the interaction and "feeling" of my games dropped dramatically. I felt like I was pushed back 10 years into the ho hum age of PC gaming. It was just terrible.

Last week, I found out I was gonna recieve nearly a grand in tax refund! Needless to say, I immediatly send my L90D+ for refund to have enough room on my credit card to charge it for the time being.

Sadly, this process took a week and I was left with no monitor. In desperation, I took a old 15" Viewsonic from work and reluctently plugged it in. Wow........how many years did I stare at these gawd awful things? Freaking fish bowl curve, total lack of sharpness and just plain so freaking big for a damn 19" I wasn't gonna be able to stand this for a long time.

Luckily, the refund came through and I spoke with my Dell rep and got another 2405 for $800 with FREE overnight shipping and it arrived less then 2 hours ago. I immediatly ripped it open...ahhh it was beautiful...so large...so smooth...sooo yummy. I noticed the lable on the panel was a A05 November make so I new it was cream of crop brand new from the factory.

I crossed my fingers and powered up and immediatly did backlight and dead pixels tests. My heart rose and my spirits sored as I saw ZIP dead pixels and absolutely NO bleeding whatsoever! I immediatly powered up HL2 Deathmatch and calibrated my colors. Ahhhhhhh 24" of widescreen goodness back again!! Sooooo wonderful!!! And this time, it will be paid for in full and i'll never go back to anything less every again!!!

compare25cg.jpg

feigned said:
There really is no comparison to an obscenely large display. :D

is it bad that i no longer find the size of this display obscene..

i hate you guys.

Ice, Im having a color problem with mine, but since me and you have the exact same revision, can you please give me your color specs as I cant seem to get the right ones.

By color specs, I mean the configured values you are using in your OSD menu, you are the only person I know who has an A05 revision, same as me.

To bad bf2 doesnt support widescreen though. Just strenches the normal image.

dee-vee said:
To bad bf2 doesnt support widescreen though. Just strenches the normal image.

You can just hack the registry to make it support whatever the hell rez you want!

Nice, Threadcrap by the way. :D

WB man...I just need to get another for my Linux box...the 17" is sooooo tiny by comparison.

TheBlueChanell said:
You can just hack the registry to make it support whatever the hell rez you want!

Actually, I dont believe you can. Everything I've read says that you the best you can do to get BF2 to work in widescreen is to clip the top and bottom. You actually see less information.

Welcome back, although you probably should have waited for the enhanced one coming out soon... I'm curious if it's going to be around the same price...

I'll be buying it and enjoying dual 24'' LCD goodness, until I can find someone to buy the old one for more then I'm willing to sell it for :p

lower response rate. higher contrast ratio... the screen can always been improved...

maybe better PIP control?

TheBlueChanell said:

Whatchu talkin about willis?

Back