Dell 2405FPW: Possible to crop resolution?

jwill

2[H]4U
for example, is it possible to run 1600x1200 without having the picture stretched across the whole display?

this is mainly to do with bf2 not supporting this monitors native resolution. and yes i know how to run alternative resolution with bf2.

Uhm, u can play BF2 in widescreen... just have to mod the starting shortcut. It should look something like this:
"C:\Games\Battlefield 2 Demo\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200"

Most other games that don't support widescreen out of the box can be modded to do it too... Visit widescreengaming.com and see for urself ;)

TehQuick said:
Uhm, u can play BF2 in widescreen... just have to mod the starting shortcut. ...
already aware, but thanks.

modifying the shortcut like that makes the picture crop the top and bottom. you actually see less then before, notice the sky above the trees...

just change the scaling to aspect, and with your setup you should be abel to run it at full rez fine. heck even with me p4 3.4 cpu and 6800gt card its playble

ok with bf2 aside, is it possible to run the monitor at 1600x1200 without the picture being stretched to fit?

With the 2405FPW you have three choices for running a non-native resolution:

1:1, which will just fit in the center of the screen with black bars all the way around.

Fill, which is just like it says; it stretches the picture vertically and horizontally so there are no black bars.

Aspect, which stretches the picture into the correct aspect ratio, with black bars on the left and right sides of the picture.

When I change my desktop resolution to 1600x1200 and run in 1:1 mode, the desktop fills all the way to the top and bottom and there are black bars on the left and right side.

TehQuick said:
...Visit widescreengaming.com and see for urself...
im thinking this is what you meant...
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1079&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

that widescreengaming.com site has nothing informative.

TehQuick said:
change FOV, and it'll be all better :D
according to the thread i posted above there is no field of view fix yet, bummer.
Kevlarman said:
With the 2405FPW you have three choices for running a non-native resolution:...
right on Kevlarman. so how do i switch to these modes?

jwill said:
so how do i switch to these modes?

Have you checked the OSD controls of your LCD monitor?
You can change the image scaling option there.

saiyan said:
Have you checked the OSD controls of your LCD monitor?
You can change the image scaling option there.
first thing i did. the image scaling option is grayed out, wonder if its because of the dvi connection.

were you suggesting shrinking the horizontal axis from 1920 to 1600 pixels? not a bad idea but id want it exactly 1600 and i dont see how id achieve that manually.

turn off scaling in the drivers. And set resolution at 1600x1200. Should be easy.

GLSauron said:
turn off scaling in the drivers. And set resolution at 1600x1200. Should be easy.
hmm... youd think so. im not seeing the option anywhere in the advanced display settings.

just reduce res to anything but 1920x1200, for whatever reason only then u can change scaling. :)

Back