Dell 2405 or Acer AL2416Wd

capnstabn

Gawd
I want a 24inch lcd. I play alot of fps and other games/watching dvds. Another kicker is i can probably get the Acer shipped free with around 150 off through the company I work for. So around 800 on the acer and possibly 800 off ebay on the 2405 If I dont get scammed ><. Which do you think is the better buy? Btw i could care less about the memory card reader and usb ports....they are convenient but I have plenty.

If you play alot of FPS games and you're coming from a CRT, I would be cautious going into LCD territory.

You make a few sacrifices going from a CRT to an LCD. I myself thought I would look past them, but they are enough to make me second guess my purchase of a 2405.

Actually I am coming from an acer 8ms 19inch. I used to have an old 21inch crt. I know the "ms" rating can be deceiving. Hell ive seen 4ms monitors ghost horribly but this acer does great. I just want something huge and more immersive and ive heard great things on both about not ghosting i just wanted some more opinions from everyone.

I'm not a casual gamer, but neither am I a hardcore gamer (prolly somewhere in between). My honest opinion is that the 2405 is a bloody excellent monitor for the price. The picture is amazing. Certainly, it does have ghosting etc, but not (IMHO) to the detriment of gaming. I recently installed Crashday and it auto-configured to native res (1920x1200) - Man, it is a thing of beauty and it runs like a dream. Of course, you have to have a decent video card (7800GT etc)

Prior to purchasing this (my first LCD), I have alway's used CRT's (mainly 21") at both work and home - However, I don't regret purchasing the 2405 one bit. It's a magnificent display.

Unless you are a hardcore FPS gamer,who does a LOT of multiplayer, you prolly can't beat the 2405 for the price (well, not until the 2407 comes out). Even then, some hardcore gamer's swear by this monitor.

So far, this display has more than exceeded my expectations.

Just my 2 pence worth.

Back