Dell 2405 next to Dell 19" in portrait mode

TeCKis300

n00b
I'm trying to create a new setup with a 2407 and 2x 1907's in portrait along side the 24" monitor. This configuration would be perfect for coding without the exhorbant expense of the 30" screen. It would also be great to see multiple computers with these monitors...something a single 30" can't do.

Does anyone have a picture with the 24" and 19" together so I can see how close they are in height dimensions?

My inspiration for this setup comes from this pic which uses a 3007 and two 2001's which is a bit too $$$ and wouldn't possibly fit on my desk.:
dell-3007wfp-468.jpg

1907's in potrait mode would not line up with the 2407/2405. 1907 width is 16.15" (or height in potrait mode).

1707 would lineup better. 1707 width is 14.64" (or height in portrait mode) Height of the 2405 top to bottom bezel is 14.5".

I actually have a triple display setup with a Dell 2405 and 2 Dell 1704fpt monitors in portrait mode. It actually lines up very well in terms of their dimensions.

I plan on upgrading to the 30 inch with 2 flanking 2007fp soon. the 2007fps are on the way.. just waiting for the 30 inch to go on sale.

Anyone please let me know if interested in purchasing my 2 spare Dell 1704fpt monitors. They are in great condition with no dead pixels, < 6 months old, and all original packaging/box and materials. I plan on putting them on ebay soon, though if i can sell them here to avoid ebay fees that would be great. I figure $400 total for both of them (including shipping) is a reasonable price based on recent ebay . My ebay feedback is excellent.

is it possible to set this up via a 7900 gtx card? or would i have to use an SLI set up and its 4 output connectors to set up 3 monitors? how are you able to hook up all 3 screens?

There are multiple ways to set the triple display up.

I go the ATI route with a dual DVI video card and and x300 motherboard graphics. ATI natively supports triple displays as one desktop (SurroundView)

Other options which i havent really looked into are the matrox cards, extra PCI graphics cards, SLI dual video cards, or even certain programs such as Multiplicity (by Stardock) which allow control of multiple monitors/computers with only one keyboard and mouse.

ok, but does nvidia support this through the dual dvi setup of the 7900gtx? that's the one im trying to figure out. you would think that if ati supports it natively, then nvidia would as well, but i may be mistaken.

Back