Dell 2405 for $639

Dell small business is showing the 2505fpw for 850. So if you buy a 30% off coupon from ebay and use that $60 off coupon on slickdeals then the price would be $540+tax and shipping?

Sounds like a damn good deal to me!

Smitty

Excellent Deal, you don;t need Dell 2505. Trust me the new model has a lot of problems, and they both have same specs. The only thing different is design or stand.
I bought my Ultra Sharp for $809 shipped when they came out fresh and i am loving it. Watching HDTV broadcast, playing games with 1920 x1200 resolution, Watching DVD movies, etc.
For this price you cannot beat it!

Not quite Smitty. The discount that brings it to 850 from 1000 doesn't stack with the coupon so 640 is the best you'll get.

CrimsonKain said:
Not quite Smitty. The discount that brings it to 850 from 1000 doesn't stack with the coupon so 640 is the best you'll get.

Ah, my bad. $640 is still a damn good price. I'll be holding off until the next time a deal like this rolls around due to lack of funds.

I went with the listing just under that ;) 19" LCD + system for under $350 shipped!

does anybody have one of those 30% off coupons? just went on ebay and found some for $1 but theyre asking anywhere from $9-15 for shipping....bunch of crooks!

im still debating on whether I should jump on this now or hold out for the 2407....... :(

Yeah, same as above. A coupon would be nice.
If you're feeling generous, give me a pm :)

$10-15 coupon to save close to $200? That's a pretty good deal to me...

The reason they do that is so they don't have to pay more of their profit to Ebay.. which would mean the coupon would really cost $20-30 with free shipping.

The 2407 isn't worth waiting for from what I've read.. the only thing it has going for it is HDCP. Even then, it sounds like the picture quality will suffer from banding. Your choice tho. I like my 2405.. even if it cost me $850 two months ago.

ZeroH said:
$10-15 coupon to save close to $200? That's a pretty good deal to me...

The reason they do that is so they don't have to pay more of their profit to Ebay.. which would mean the coupon would really cost $20-30 with free shipping.

The 2407 isn't worth waiting for from what I've read.. the only thing it has going for it is HDCP. Even then, it sounds like the picture quality will suffer from banding. Your choice tho. I like my 2405.. even if it cost me $850 two months ago.

Yeah, I suppose....but those people got the coupon for free and now theyre making $10-20 for it....thats like someone charging for water :rolleyes:
And whos to say that the coupon even works after you get it.

I plan to hook my x360 as well as my computer to it....think thats a good idea?

$671 shipped. What a great deal...

I figure I'd rather just get this now for so cheap and then have a good excuse to upgrade in a year or two once HD-DVDs become more commonplace...I mean, future-proofing is great but by the time HD content is really the norm there will be bigger and better monitors out that we all will want anyway.

snagged a coupon from a generous [H] member

looks like it would be $694 shipped (damn $55 in taxes)

I have my 360 hooked up to it via component and it rocks! That's both the monitor and the 360! Fight Night 3 is INCREDIBLE!

Good luck if you try to get the coupon. I know Ebay is mecca for crooks.

As for HD viewing on the 2405.. I'm sure that someone will sell a HDCP module you can connect to a DVI or component connector so you can view HDCP encoded content on your monitors. It's not wishful thinking either since there's many many people out there with HD capable TVs and monitors without HDCP built into them.

Then you know something the rest of us don't.
Even though Sony has said that they will not turn on HDCP
initially, there is no reason to doubt that they will when and if
Blu_Ray becomes mainstream.

All analog monitors without HDMI/HDCP are in the unenviable position
of being potential boat anchors at any time in the future, like it or not,
depending on the whims of the DRM company CEOs.

If you are selling insurance, I'd like some of it!

those hdcp dongles already exist (for a hefty price of $250+, $500+). the problem is it's not just HDCP, it's AACS and how it'll shut things down once they figure somn's gone awry. these new DRM schemes are virtually impenetrable. i'd rather go with 2407 (revision 2) when they fixed backlights, etc.

JediFonger said:
those hdcp dongles already exist (for a hefty price of $250+, $500+). the problem is it's not just HDCP, it's AACS and how it'll shut things down once they figure somn's gone awry. these new DRM schemes are virtually impenetrable. i'd rather go with 2407 (revision 2) when they fixed backlights, etc.

There's a fundamental reality of technology.. if someone can create something.. someone can find way to either undo it or work around it (with time).

10Guage, sorry but I didn't quite understand what you're point was..
Oh and the analog monitors are not the only ones without HDCP. There are digital ones too. Are you saying everyone who's bought $3000+ HDTVs (or $500+ LCD monitors) in the past few years will have to go out and buy new ones with HDMI and/or HDCP to view HD content? My opinion is that will not happen within the next 5 years or more because of the investment many consumers have already made with their HDTVs and monitors. Sure, there will be some companies that will try to squeeze more out of us, but as I said, and as JediFonger said.. there are/will be ways to bypass HDCP for those of us that do not have HDCP capable TVs and monitors.

BTW.. What is AACS?

10Gauge said:
All analog monitors without HDMI/HDCP are in the unenviable position
of being potential boat anchors at any time in the future, like it or not,
depending on the whims of the DRM company CEOs.

There's always DVI which can push the monitor as far as it can go anyways, effictively boat anchor proofing it ;)

Anyways, has anyone bought one of those coupons off ebay, and if so how did it go?

-BombrMan

if anyone is feeling generous, i could really use the 30% dell coupon. My 2005fpw just bit the dust and i'm hurting here on this 15" CRT

Thanks for the heads up. I bought 2, one for me and one for my dad, each for $695($56 tax). I was just about to buy a 21" LCD and I figured I'd spend around $550 + tax and shipping for that, might as well pay an extra $100 and get 3 extra inches.

does anyone have a spare 30% off coupon code they aren't using? If anyone has one and could PM it to me I'd really appreciate it. Thanks :)

The ebay listings for that 30% coupon say they expired yesterday. They're still selling them though...

Anyone know if the coupons are expired or not? I'm getting paid next week for some side-work, and this deal would have been the perfect thing to blow it on. I hope it's still around...

If I could find a 30% off coupon I'd surely get this. I've been waiting for a deal on one for a while now...

If anyone has a coupon I'd greatly appreciate it.

unashamed said:
Ready to jump on it if anyone finds any unexpired coupons.

i think the deal is over....just went on Dell's web site and they are showing it for $1000 now

The 30% comes off the $1000 price. It went: $999 - $299.70 (30%) - $60 off coupon which came out to about $639. I'm not sure which, if any, of the coupons still work.

warmace said:
For the record....I bit.

It arrives monday according to UPS.

Just fyi, might want to keep up with the specific info they post as it comes. For example, my 2405fpw, ordered on the 1st, was given an estimated ship date of May 4th (today). I kept checking my order status and finally it showed that it shipped early on May 2nd, along with a tracking number. Well this is nothing new, right? Dell generally ships things faster than they say..

So next I keep watch on the UPS tracking info, which has an estimated delivery of May 5th. Guess when it came.... that's right, today, the 4th. If I wouldn't have been watching the tracker I wouldn't have known it was coming and therefore would have missed it completely (long story).

Anyway, I know most of you prolly keep a close check on the shipping progress of your goods... my only point is that for those that dont - I wouldn't place any bets on their 'estimated' delivery dates, or you might get caught off guard.

I tried last night and it said the coupons were all used up.... Guess I wait until next time unless someone would kindly PM me some good codes to get the price back down to 639.00 :p

Back