Dell 2405 $729.00 Free S/H

doox00

2[H]4U
Email this guy at dell for a 2405 for 729.00 free s/h

pallav.bhattacharya [at] wipro.com

He said he appreciated it when I gave his email to someone else who wanted one.

he is based in india like most of there sales people, its really a dell guy, I got him by just calling dell number :) I asked the same EXACT thing when I got the email from him for my order reciept.. why is it not a dell email address ;)

I just emailed him asking for his extension, once he replies you can just call the nomral dell number (small business) and put in his extension.

wipro is a real off-shore agency which handles various sorts of (mostly high-tech) contracts (such as customer support). I would give this a legit-factor of 85 percent.

I give it 100 percent legit factor since I just ordered some stuff from him and i can track it on dell's website lol :)

The email might for a legit offshoring biz, but I can't imagine dell wanting anything they're paying for having anything but the Dell brand. I'm sure if Dell -the company- sees his email address posted online to get a good deal on one of their products, he'll get a severe beating (if not firing).

So... Doox00... did you pay Dell, or pay him? Or rather... did you give your credit card to him over the phone?

venm11 said:
The email might for a legit offshoring biz, but I can't imagine dell wanting anything they're paying for having anything but the Dell brand. I'm sure if Dell -the company- sees his email address posted online to get a good deal on one of their products, he'll get a severe beating (if not firing).

So... Doox00... did you pay Dell, or pay him? Or rather... did you give your credit card to him over the phone?

I called dell, 1-800-WWW-DELL, selected business department, and got him. Trust me, its dell, yes I gave him my cc, yes they charged the amount for the card (preauth actually, as the card is not in stock atm I ordered).. if I go to dell.com right now and put in my order number, which he emailed to me after placing the order.. I can see the order status for the item I ordered.. which says this...

Order Number: XXXXXXXXXX
View All Orders
This information is current as of Tuesday, April 11, 2006.
Delayed Items
Currently one or more items are backordered. Every effort is being made to complete the order.
SKU: A0625402 Quantity: 1
Description: GeForce 7900 GT 256 MB DDR3 PCI-E Graphi
Estimated Ship Date: 4/26/2006
He happened to ask me if I need anythng else, said he can give me a good deal on a lcd, told em I had the 24" already, he said he could do 729 free s/h.. figured I would share the good deal.

I asked if it were ok to let people know of this price on the screen and he welcomed the idea and said he would appreciate it. thats it.

Here is a copy/paste of the email from him

Hi Shawn

Thank you for your order today. Your order Number is XXXXXXXXX

Go ahead and use me as your single point of contact for all future purchases at DELL. The easiest way is to just shoot me a mail when you are looking to buy something.

Are you aware that Dell offers 1, 00,000 different software and computer accessory products from 900 vendors? Dell's Software & Peripherals division is dedicated to creating a customer experience that provides value through a vast product offering, a single point of contact, and efficient fulfillment of your orders with very effective pricing.

I am your main resource for software and peripherals. Feel free to call or email me at anytime for your software and peripheral needs or if you would like to obtain a quote for software and peripherals. Please feel free to forward my email to any of your colleagues that might find me helpful.

Regards
Pallav Bhattacharya
Dell Co 04 BSDT Software & Peripherals Sales Representative,
Call me for Networking, Licensing and Power Products as well as all other peripherals & upgrades! You name it I carry it!
WIPRO BPO SOLUTIONS LTD Dell Facility
We Know How E Works
Feel free to contact me with any question you might have. You can reach me at
[email protected]

Online Order Status
<http://support.dell.com/dellcare/orderstatus/orderstatus.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd>
Customer Care 1-800-915-3355 Ext 7268938
Technical Support 1-800-915-3355 Ext 7266955

As someone mentioned earlier, dell basically contracts out to wipro.com how many times have you called dell tech support or sales and gotten someone other than an american? Indian (dots, not feathers :)) perhaps.. I even asked where he was, he said in india, and that it was 9:30pm there at the time :)

If I ended up getting someone that was not legit by calling dell's phone number direct then that is f'ed up :) but as it is, all is fine.. so if you want a cheap 2405, from dell directly, here you go...

I bought my 2405 from WiPro.. you can see the order information on dell.com too.

wow, try to pass on a good deal and you get crapped on, I get nothing from this, I don't know the sales guy other than me purchasing a video card from him, and that we was one of the first dell people that was actually friendly.

doox00 said:
wow, try to pass on a good deal and you get crapped on, I get nothing from this, I don't know the sales guy other than me purchasing a video card from him, and that we was one of the first dell people that was actually friendly.
The problem with the deal is that you didn't post all of the information right off; you posted an email for a guy who doesn't have a Dell email address. If you had posted all the info to start with, people wouldn't be as suspicious.

Does the wipro guy have a Dell email address?

I googled "1-800-915-3355", it comes back as a Dell phone number, I'd venture to guess that this deal is legit. I doubt the poster gets a kick back, though I'm about 99% sure the wipro guy does get some kind of commission ... though ANY sales person you talk to at Dell gets commission.

well i did not really think to much about it when I originally posted about the deal.. and yeah, I am certain the sales guy gets commision.

I love this monitor. I bought it about 8 months ago for $700-something ($800-something after tax). I have a feeling that Dell will try to close out this monitor soon in preparation for the 2407.

vbrtrmn said:
I doubt the poster gets a kick back, though I'm about 99% sure the wipro guy does get some kind of commission ... though ANY sales person you talk to at Dell gets commission.

yea

People tend to work for money

What about tax? For example, Dell collects tax in CA, would Wipro then too since it seems like he places the order through Dell?

I beleive its still considered dell, dell contracted the sales people out to wipro, at least that is my understanding.. its still considered a purchase directly from dell.. that is why you can track your order through dell, and call the normal dell numbers to cancel/change etc. It was tax free for my purchase, but that is because it was through our work account with is tax exempt.

apparently there are many people here who have not followed this monitor's sale's record from [H] since it's release.

Wipro is a legit Dell reseller/contractor/whatever you want to call it. Order through them, its not a scam.

Good deal.

/thread

Back