Dell 2209WA in Outlet Store

I asked this in the other thread, but I guess this is the right place. Is a 90 day warranty for a monitor a bad deal? For example, what could go wrong with it?

I had two 2209WA monitors die on me within four months, but fortunately two others have had no issues.

Compared to being able to buy them for $215-230 with a 3 year warranty from Dell (they are available again), it is a rip off.

You can return stuff to the outlet, it's really not that big a deal if you get one with problems.

Otherwise it's almost a catch-22, obviously the only way dell can have their regular 3 year warranty be so 'good'(and the ultrasharp line does indeed have probably the best monitor warranty in the business) is simply because they are confident that not many will break- and I've read a good portion of the 2209 thread and I can't recall more than a few people having them die.

Realistically the best price for a new 2209wa is gonna be about 255 if you wait around for a 15% coupon (usually one pops up every 4-5 weeks or so) unless you want to haggle with someone on the phone. Only once or twice a year do stackable coupons line up for amazing deals. Add in the wait time on shipping. But if you buy from the outlet I'm sure it will be shipped right away, which is a plus.

Coupon #1: 7LXC0FZZR54P3X
Coupon #2: CPWZ3?K93D5GV1

Use those coupons in the next five minutes, you can get the 2209WA for just about $210 brand new.

Ships in 3-5 weeks.

...if they ever ship it instead of cancelling the order.

I just bought one, $222 with tax, oh and my new company name. Estimated delivery date 10/7/09.

I just bought one, $222 with tax, oh and my new company name. Estimated delivery date 10/7/09.

I got the same thing yesterday! Estimated delivery data originally said October something, but today I got an email saying I would receive it by Sept 1st !!

$222

I hope that works out for you guys.

Personally, I'm just sitting here with 2001FP's until I see something bigger than 22" reasonably priced (I might be sitting here a while).

I hope that works out for you guys.

Personally, I'm just sitting here with 2001FP's until I see something bigger than 22" reasonably priced (I might be sitting here a while).

I'm in the same situation. I'm really thinking about picking up this monitor. My 24" blew out about 3 weeks ago and I'm just using a crappy 14" monitor at the moment.

I was looking at the HP LP2475W but with the problems every has been having lately I don't want to take the chance. Also been looking at the Dell U2410 but it might be awhile before that comes out.

Yeah, I was looking at the HP also, but the price was prohibitive. I mean, the 2001FP's are "only" $130 shipped on ebay. I prefer the 4:3 for computer work anyway.

ok, so i missed the great deal on the Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA....

basically I had already ordered another monitor that I wanted from overstock.com only to have them cancel my order (after the dell deal expired) and say that the item was sold out...

Anyway after talking to Dell in their LiveChat the best deal they can give me is full price with free shipping :mad:

So my options now are either to wait for another decent coupon or buy the outlet monitor.

1. Has anyone had any problems with dead pixels on the outlet monitors (2209WA specifically)?

2. I haven't kept up with dell coupons... how often so they come around?

thx

There is currently a 20% Dell Coupon (?D1GJGKRQK0NFP exp. Sep 13). If you want a good deal, do what I did. I ordered a $200 Dell gift card from eBay (I think the seller was Colganbears) for $160. With 10% bing cashback, that put it at $144. Then, with the 20% coupon, that put my total at $193 shipped and including tax. If I had waited longer, I might have gotten one of Dell's 10% stackable coupons, but I was getting impatient...

Keep your eye on Techbargains.com and you will see the codes pop up... THe 20% off one that Xcelerate is talking bout is on there... just waiting as I have no money right now to buy it.

There is currently a 20% Dell Coupon (?D1GJGKRQK0NFP exp. Sep 13). If you want a good deal, do what I did. I ordered a $200 Dell gift card from eBay (I think the seller was Colganbears) for $160. With 10% bing cashback, that put it at $144. Then, with the 20% coupon, that put my total at $193 shipped and including tax. If I had waited longer, I might have gotten one of Dell's 10% stackable coupons, but I was getting impatient...
How'd you get 10% from bing cb? Only goes to 5% for me.

This was about two weeks ago.. it actually spiked to 15% at one point but now it's down to 8%. (Search GPS on bing.com, there should be an 8% link at the top). It only works on "Buy It Now" items I think...

Damn, I'd totally do this if my eBay account had 20 feedback. :(

See, I had only bought one item, and she said I was okay to do it. I think it means your percentage, not that you have to have 20 purchases.

Back