Dell 2007WFP - Screenshot

Tycoonbrad

n00b
I've got a Dell 2007WFP and would like people's opinions on the following screen shot.

System:
Athlon Opteron 146
EVGA 7800 Nvidia
1 Gig Ballistix

I have the following settings for Guildwars
Highest Quality on every setting and 4X - Anti_Aliasing

Heh what do you want us to comment on? A screenshot won't show the majority of the monitor's defects, if any.

The graphics itself looks fine to me.

I was purposely not mentioning the text to see if it bothered anyone else. It appears fuzzy to me all the time.

Tycoonbrad said:
I was purposely not mentioning the text to see if it bothered anyone else. It appears fuzzy to me all the time.
Tried Clear Type under Display Settings>Appearance>Effects? That can make a fairly noticable position when turned on/off. Not so sure what it'll do for the in game stuff though.

I think the text has nothing to do with the monitor, thats the game providing that crappy font.

Is that a screenshot or a picture of your screen taken with a camera? If its a screenshot the monitor won't be effecting the screenshot at all.

Here's Yahoo.

Maybe my expectations were to high. I can definitely see every pixel in every letter.

As for the Clear Text, it looks awful on my monitor.

Seriously though, a screenshot will just display what the PC is SENDING to the monitor... not what your monitor is showing you... only you, sitting in front of your PC can see that... unless I am totally missing your point?

Both images are screenshots. The first Dell 2007WFP I had was a A00, had severe banding, but the color was more vibrant and the text very crisp. I get A02, and the text looks blurry and pixelated. When I move in Guildwars, I notice a screen door effect only on A02. A02 also came with something loose inside the case. I have monitor number three on the way.

They want you to take a picture of the screen with a camera, not with a screenshot of whats on your monitor. As it stands right now looking at those pics they look fine to me.

Your taking a picture of whats on your monitor, thats not going to show any issues with what you are seeing when you look at your monitor. Because when you take a screenshot we are not seeing what you are looking at thru your monitors screen.

I'm also curious to see a pic of the text. I'm looking into buying this monitor soon and was curious to see how websites (maximized and not windowed) and text looked on it. Most pics I've seen of it are people showing their desktop, a game or websites windowed.

Whats the dot pitch on that LCD, if its really large you'll notice the individual pixels when reading webpages or when the action stops in videogames?

Xiro said:
They want you to take a picture of the screen with a camera, not with a screenshot of whats on your monitor. As it stands right now looking at those pics they look fine to me.

Your taking a picture of whats on your monitor, thats not going to show any issues with what you are seeing when you look at your monitor. Because when you take a screenshot we are not seeing what you are looking at thru your monitors screen.
+1.

I'll try to post one at lunch. I was in a hurry this morning, and didn't get a chance to respond.

Yeah, those are Screen Caps, not a picture. I am amazed people think this somehow represents what they see on the monitor. You could turn the monitor off and hit the screen cap button and you will still get a picture. That should tell you something.

You need a picture with a camera.

How should I save the image so eveyone can get a deifinitive look? Image shack has size limit of 1.5 and under. What format should I save it as?

Maybe the raw picture from my camera will be below the limit?!?

Warning!!! File size is 1.4 meg.

I did the best I could. It took about ten shots to get this, but this was the clearest shot I got. It's actually not too far off from what I see.

Back