Dell 2007WFP $358 + tax + free shipping

PanzerBoxb

2[H]4U
Ripped from Dealnews:

Dell Home cut its price on the new Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP 20.1" Widescreen LCD Monitor to $358.02. The 2007WFP sports a native resolution of 1680x1050, 300 cd/m2 brightness, 800:1 contrast ratio, and DVI, VGA, S-Video, and RCA video inputs.

I am so tempted to get two of these.

GOOD DEAL! I was waiting to buy this LCD too!
Thanks for the info! ( I remember It was 449USD few days ago?)

wotblake said:
Whats wrong with the benq at less then 300 shipped? :confused:
Nothing. I bought one for $324 shipped/taxed just the other day.

Great monitor.

takeabao said:
Nothing. I bought one for $324 shipped/taxed just the other day.

Great monitor.

Newegg had it for 295 shipped the other day (no tax in florida). Specs look fine to me. :confused:

wotblake said:
Newegg had it for 295 shipped the other day (no tax in florida). Specs look fine to me. :confused:

It depends on what kind of panel the display uses as to how good it is. Specs alone dont mean squat because they can be inaccurate and misrepresented.

I have four (4) $35 OFF coupons that you can add to this deal. You do the match, I'll take donations in return. First come first serve.

burningrave101 said:
It depends on what kind of panel the display uses as to how good it is. Specs alone dont mean squat because they can be inaccurate and misrepresented.

Thats why I am asking here.

Smashed Ixnay said:
I'd like a coupon if possible. I'm seriously going to buy one, but want a coupon. ;(

One gone, three left. Again, first come first serve.

Before I buy it, I had one in cart already and it says:

UltraSharp 2007WFP 20.1-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand and 3-Year Warranty $529.00

The one that is on sale now says:

2007FPW 20 in Dell 2007FPW Ultrasharp™ Flat Panel Monitor Wide $358.02

Is that just a typo, or is there a difference?

ps, Thanks for the coupon.

Smashed Ixnay said:
Before I buy it, I had one in cart already and it says:

UltraSharp 2007WFP 20.1-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand and 3-Year Warranty $529.00

The one that is on sale now says:

2007FPW 20 in Dell 2007FPW Ultrasharp™ Flat Panel Monitor Wide $358.02

Is that just a typo, or is there a difference?

Wide Flat Panel

Flat Panel Wide

Same thing bro!!

It said free shipping 3-5 days days, but when I go to check out it only takes off $10 instead of the full $19 that it says. Is $355 a good price after taxes? I'm in Florida. Man, I was really hoping for about a $320 price. :(

Smashed Ixnay said:
It said free shipping 3-5 days days, but when I go to check out it only takes off $10 instead of the full $19 that it says. Is $355 a good price after taxes? I'm in Florida. Man, I was really hoping for about a $320 price. :(
Just pay attention to the actual total price, I though the same, but it was only $9.50 for shipping to me.

By the way, 2 (TWO) coupons left!!

Aeauvian12 said:
im going to drop the cash on one, any chance i could get a coupon too please?

Just PMed you. Enjoy!!

1 (ONE) coupon left!!!

Ouch never thought Id see these go cheaper than 2005fpw, thought crossed my mind about upgrading, so its not worth it ?

nicepun said:
Just pay attention to the actual total price, I though the same, but it was only $9.50 for shipping to me.

By the way, 2 (TWO) coupons left!!

Yea, that's what itwas. It was $9.50 to ship to me, but it says free 3-5 day ground shipping. I'm not comprehending that still. Why would they say free 3-5 shipping, but charge me $9.50 to ship it to me. In reality, it's not really free, correct? :confused:

When I don't have the coupon on it, the shipping is free, but when I add the coupon it only takes off 50% ($9.50)

I haven't bought it yet, but I just added it to my cart again and this time it didn't add the 3 year warranty thing that is free and it takes off the whole $19 for shipping. It comes out to $345 now, but I want that warrany, so I think paying the $9.50 is worth it for 3 years warranty, lol.

EDIT:

Well I added it back and it has the 3 year warranty this time listed in the cart and total is $345.63. I'm buying it now.

ps, sent you a little something for the coupon. :)

This is deffinetly a hot deal. I used a 25% off coupon last week for mine and it was $398. No dead/stuck pixels. Tiny amount of blacklight bleeding I never notice (lower right corner near power light) and barely noticable banding problem. I love it.

Juic3 said:
Ouch never thought Id see these go cheaper than 2005fpw, thought crossed my mind about upgrading, so its not worth it ?

If you get one of the new rivisons with the Samsung PVA panel i would say the 2005fpw would be better because it uses an S-IPS panel which gives better color reproduction.

burningrave101 said:
If you get one of the new rivisons with the Samsung PVA panel i would say the 2005fpw would be better because it uses an S-IPS panel which gives better color reproduction.

I have a 2005FPW but I jumped on this deal so I'll be making a decission which one to keep and the one I don't keep you'll be seeing it the FS/FT section. :D

You can get these coupons for 1 dollar of ebay and they e-mail you the code instantly. Pulled the trigger last night. We'll see how this compares to my 2005fpw.

-BombrMan

Why is everyone buying this shit LCD ? the ViewSonic and i beleive the BenQ as well are FAR better monitors!!!!!

MrGuvernment said:
Why is everyone buying this shit LCD ? the ViewSonic and i beleive the BenQ as well are FAR better monitors!!!!!

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I love my 2007FPW. I believe I got a great LCD with awesome features better than the Viewsonic and BenQ for a reasonable price. The banding issue isn't a problem for me since I baught it for gaming and internet use. I have to look for it to notice it. I don't see it in every picture or wallpaper I use either. No one is forcing anyone to buy this LCD. If Dell should decide to replace it for free then I will do so but it isn't worth my time to talk to an Indian calling himself "Mike" to deal with the hassel. Dell is supposedly making a decision in the next few days about the banding issue.

Does anyone know if this monitor has backlight issues, like my 2005FPW? And should I ask Dell replace my monitor, or try to fix it myself with electrical tape (like someone else did in the forums)?

Azkarr said:
Does anyone know if this monitor has backlight issues, like my 2005FPW? And should I ask Dell replace my monitor, or try to fix it myself with electrical tape (like someone else did in the forums)?
no, seriously ask about a replacement to the 2007 and see what they say and get back to me. I have very bad backlighting bleeding and some ripples on the left side of the screen that are awfully annoying. I've gone through about 3 2005's and if i can go to the 2007 i will.

dam its $258.02 for me when i add it to my cart. I would bite on this if i hadnt just bought my dell laptop!

Sobek said:
That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I love my 2007FPW. I believe I got a great LCD with awesome features better than the Viewsonic and BenQ for a reasonable price. The banding issue isn't a problem for me since I baught it for gaming and internet use. I have to look for it to notice it. I don't see it in every picture or wallpaper I use either. No one is forcing anyone to buy this LCD. If Dell should decide to replace it for free then I will do so but it isn't worth my time to talk to an Indian calling himself "Mike" to deal with the hassel. Dell is supposedly making a decision in the next few days about the banding issue.

Good to hear, it just seems the 2007 has more people complaining about it then any previous dell LCD and the way people are responding it just seems they are only buying the LCD cause it is so cheap - not being aware of the problems with them.

i loved my 2005 when i had it, great lcd, little backlight, but didnt bother me.

Just

MrGuvernment said:
Good to hear, it just seems the 2007 has more people complaining about it then any previous dell LCD and the way people are responding it just seems they are only buying the LCD cause it is so cheap - not being aware of the problems with them.

i loved my 2005 when i had it, great lcd, little backlight, but didnt bother me.

Just

I remember so many threads about the 2005FPW's backlight bleeding problems but since the 2007FPW's banding problem, people seem to have forgotten about it. I swear every comment I ever read about the 2005FPW mentioned the horrible blacklight bleeding. I did a google fight just for fun and the 2005 won.

Back