Dell 2007WFP $358 + tax + free shipping

PanzerBoxb

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
2,107
Ripped from Dealnews:

Dell Home cut its price on the new Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP 20.1" Widescreen LCD Monitor to $358.02. The 2007WFP sports a native resolution of 1680x1050, 300 cd/m2 brightness, 800:1 contrast ratio, and DVI, VGA, S-Video, and RCA video inputs.

I am so tempted to get two of these.
 

hisoka

n00b
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
15
GOOD DEAL! I was waiting to buy this LCD too!
Thanks for the info! ( I remember It was 449USD few days ago?)
 

takeabao

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Messages
359
wotblake said:
Whats wrong with the benq at less then 300 shipped? :confused:
Nothing. I bought one for $324 shipped/taxed just the other day.

Great monitor.
 

wotblake

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
97
takeabao said:
Nothing. I bought one for $324 shipped/taxed just the other day.

Great monitor.

Newegg had it for 295 shipped the other day (no tax in florida). Specs look fine to me. :confused:
 

burningrave101

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Sep 9, 2003
Messages
11,825

burningrave101

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Sep 9, 2003
Messages
11,825
wotblake said:
Newegg had it for 295 shipped the other day (no tax in florida). Specs look fine to me. :confused:

It depends on what kind of panel the display uses as to how good it is. Specs alone dont mean squat because they can be inaccurate and misrepresented.
 

nicepun

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
2,192
I have four (4) $35 OFF coupons that you can add to this deal. You do the match, I'll take donations in return. First come first serve.
 

wotblake

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
97
burningrave101 said:
It depends on what kind of panel the display uses as to how good it is. Specs alone dont mean squat because they can be inaccurate and misrepresented.

Thats why I am asking here.
 

nicepun

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
2,192
Smashed Ixnay said:
I'd like a coupon if possible. I'm seriously going to buy one, but want a coupon. ;(

One gone, three left. Again, first come first serve.
 

Smashed Ixnay

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
4,169
Before I buy it, I had one in cart already and it says:

UltraSharp 2007WFP 20.1-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand and 3-Year Warranty $529.00

The one that is on sale now says:

2007FPW 20 in Dell 2007FPW Ultrasharp™ Flat Panel Monitor Wide $358.02


Is that just a typo, or is there a difference?

ps, Thanks for the coupon.
 

nicepun

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
2,192
Smashed Ixnay said:
Before I buy it, I had one in cart already and it says:

UltraSharp 2007WFP 20.1-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand and 3-Year Warranty $529.00

The one that is on sale now says:

2007FPW 20 in Dell 2007FPW Ultrasharp™ Flat Panel Monitor Wide $358.02


Is that just a typo, or is there a difference?

Wide Flat Panel

Flat Panel Wide

Same thing bro!!
 

Smashed Ixnay

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
4,169
It said free shipping 3-5 days days, but when I go to check out it only takes off $10 instead of the full $19 that it says. Is $355 a good price after taxes? I'm in Florida. Man, I was really hoping for about a $320 price. :(
 

nicepun

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
2,192
Smashed Ixnay said:
It said free shipping 3-5 days days, but when I go to check out it only takes off $10 instead of the full $19 that it says. Is $355 a good price after taxes? I'm in Florida. Man, I was really hoping for about a $320 price. :(
Just pay attention to the actual total price, I though the same, but it was only $9.50 for shipping to me.

By the way, 2 (TWO) coupons left!!
 

Juic3

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
1,456
Ouch never thought Id see these go cheaper than 2005fpw, thought crossed my mind about upgrading, so its not worth it ?
 

Smashed Ixnay

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
4,169
nicepun said:
Just pay attention to the actual total price, I though the same, but it was only $9.50 for shipping to me.

By the way, 2 (TWO) coupons left!!


Yea, that's what itwas. It was $9.50 to ship to me, but it says free 3-5 day ground shipping. I'm not comprehending that still. Why would they say free 3-5 shipping, but charge me $9.50 to ship it to me. In reality, it's not really free, correct? :confused:

When I don't have the coupon on it, the shipping is free, but when I add the coupon it only takes off 50% ($9.50)
 

Smashed Ixnay

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
4,169
I haven't bought it yet, but I just added it to my cart again and this time it didn't add the 3 year warranty thing that is free and it takes off the whole $19 for shipping. It comes out to $345 now, but I want that warrany, so I think paying the $9.50 is worth it for 3 years warranty, lol.

EDIT:

Well I added it back and it has the 3 year warranty this time listed in the cart and total is $345.63. I'm buying it now.


ps, sent you a little something for the coupon. :)
 

Sobek

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 13, 2002
Messages
2,727
This is deffinetly a hot deal. I used a 25% off coupon last week for mine and it was $398. No dead/stuck pixels. Tiny amount of blacklight bleeding I never notice (lower right corner near power light) and barely noticable banding problem. I love it.
 

burningrave101

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Sep 9, 2003
Messages
11,825
Juic3 said:
Ouch never thought Id see these go cheaper than 2005fpw, thought crossed my mind about upgrading, so its not worth it ?

If you get one of the new rivisons with the Samsung PVA panel i would say the 2005fpw would be better because it uses an S-IPS panel which gives better color reproduction.
 

nicepun

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
2,192
burningrave101 said:
If you get one of the new rivisons with the Samsung PVA panel i would say the 2005fpw would be better because it uses an S-IPS panel which gives better color reproduction.

I have a 2005FPW but I jumped on this deal so I'll be making a decission which one to keep and the one I don't keep you'll be seeing it the FS/FT section. :D
 

BombrMan

n00b
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
63
You can get these coupons for 1 dollar of ebay and they e-mail you the code instantly. Pulled the trigger last night. We'll see how this compares to my 2005fpw.

-BombrMan
 

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
19,958
Why is everyone buying this shit LCD ? the ViewSonic and i beleive the BenQ as well are FAR better monitors!!!!!
 

Sobek

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 13, 2002
Messages
2,727
MrGuvernment said:
Why is everyone buying this shit LCD ? the ViewSonic and i beleive the BenQ as well are FAR better monitors!!!!!

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I love my 2007FPW. I believe I got a great LCD with awesome features better than the Viewsonic and BenQ for a reasonable price. The banding issue isn't a problem for me since I baught it for gaming and internet use. I have to look for it to notice it. I don't see it in every picture or wallpaper I use either. No one is forcing anyone to buy this LCD. If Dell should decide to replace it for free then I will do so but it isn't worth my time to talk to an Indian calling himself "Mike" to deal with the hassel. Dell is supposedly making a decision in the next few days about the banding issue.
 

Azkarr

n00b
Joined
Sep 3, 2005
Messages
38
Does anyone know if this monitor has backlight issues, like my 2005FPW? And should I ask Dell replace my monitor, or try to fix it myself with electrical tape (like someone else did in the forums)?
 

Qwertyman

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
2,744
Azkarr said:
Does anyone know if this monitor has backlight issues, like my 2005FPW? And should I ask Dell replace my monitor, or try to fix it myself with electrical tape (like someone else did in the forums)?
no, seriously ask about a replacement to the 2007 and see what they say and get back to me. I have very bad backlighting bleeding and some ripples on the left side of the screen that are awfully annoying. I've gone through about 3 2005's and if i can go to the 2007 i will.
 

c0ex

Gawd
Joined
Jun 13, 2005
Messages
764
dam its $258.02 for me when i add it to my cart. I would bite on this if i hadnt just bought my dell laptop!
 

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
19,958
Sobek said:
That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I love my 2007FPW. I believe I got a great LCD with awesome features better than the Viewsonic and BenQ for a reasonable price. The banding issue isn't a problem for me since I baught it for gaming and internet use. I have to look for it to notice it. I don't see it in every picture or wallpaper I use either. No one is forcing anyone to buy this LCD. If Dell should decide to replace it for free then I will do so but it isn't worth my time to talk to an Indian calling himself "Mike" to deal with the hassel. Dell is supposedly making a decision in the next few days about the banding issue.


Good to hear, it just seems the 2007 has more people complaining about it then any previous dell LCD and the way people are responding it just seems they are only buying the LCD cause it is so cheap - not being aware of the problems with them.

i loved my 2005 when i had it, great lcd, little backlight, but didnt bother me.

Just
 

Sobek

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 13, 2002
Messages
2,727
MrGuvernment said:
Good to hear, it just seems the 2007 has more people complaining about it then any previous dell LCD and the way people are responding it just seems they are only buying the LCD cause it is so cheap - not being aware of the problems with them.

i loved my 2005 when i had it, great lcd, little backlight, but didnt bother me.

Just

I remember so many threads about the 2005FPW's backlight bleeding problems but since the 2007FPW's banding problem, people seem to have forgotten about it. I swear every comment I ever read about the 2005FPW mentioned the horrible blacklight bleeding. I did a google fight just for fun and the 2005 won.
 
Top