Dell 2007 fp/fpw Banding issue.

Mine was just delivered. I recieved an A01 with minor banding in Desktop Mode. It doesn't bother me so much, so I'll keep it for now. :D

When I first unpacked it, I thought it was pretty big. Now it looks tiny where my GDM-F520 was.

B. W. said:
Mine was just delivered. I recieved an A01 with minor banding in Desktop Mode. It doesn't bother me so much, so I'll keep it for now. :D

When I first unpacked it, I thought it was pretty big. Now it looks tiny where my GDM-F520 was.

Weird, I dont see any banding on mine and I have an A01 as well, tested with the application and that circular green/purple image the guy posted on page 2. I guess either i'm blind or I have a different firmware on mine, but since I cant see anything and the screen is lacking dead/stuck pixels I'll definetely be keeping mine.

numbers said:
Weird, I dont see any banding on mine and I have an A01 as well, tested with the application and that circular green/purple image the guy posted on page 2. I guess either i'm blind or I have a different firmware on mine, but since I cant see anything and the screen is lacking dead/stuck pixels I'll definetely be keeping mine.
I see it on the darker colors in the first test. There is some in the second, but it's barely noticable.

Remember, just because it says A00 or A01 doesn't mean it has banding issues. They both flashed old monitors and made the new A02+ revisions... :D

My monitor was supposed to be delayed until July 5th, but I checked my order status and it shipped out today.:( I pray I get an A02. Also does anyone know any good websites or apps to test the color banding with?

With mine, I could see banding across the botom of the windows welcome screen.

Just played with the display settings on mine, banding is present in the gaming mode, less in the multimedia mode, but definetely not in the desktop mode. Looks like its a crapshoot as to whether or not you get a good firmware version with Rev A01's :rolleyes: , good luck guys.

I still can't get how to see if it's A02 or not. My monitor won't turn on when I hold down the arrow button and the + at the same time.

^^^
Check the back of the monitor. There should be a label telling you where the monitor was manufactured and what revision your monitor is.

igl00jx said:
^^^
Check the back of the monitor. There should be a label telling you where the monitor was manufactured and what revision your monitor is.

Nice. Got 02. Thanks ;)

I just order one of these today, well I didnt dad did at work, but im hoping I get a A02 or fixed one of the others, what's the chances of getting a A02 if I order today?

Just to let you guys know, last week, I got my replacement monitor. 100% flawless.

sk33 said:
I still can't get how to see if it's A02 or not. My monitor won't turn on when I hold down the arrow button and the + at the same time.

you have to hold down the "menu" button and the + button. He gave you the wrong instructions

hold down the "menu" and the + buttons and then power on the monitor

It will take a second longer to come on and once it is on press the "-" button and the service menu will come up

FYI the Monitors revisions are
2007FP, 2007WFP, 2407WFP Firmware revisions -
A00 Initial release
A01 In Desktop Mode only, switched off the Faroudja video processing which causes the banding
A02 Color tweaking in the Service Menu

nba1341 said:
A01 In Desktop Mode only, switched off the Faroudja video processing which causes the banding

does that mean theres banding in other modes?

Do they still give out A00's? Because that would be kinda pointless, it's just gonna get returned anyways...

nba1341 said:
FYI the Monitors revisions are
2007FP, 2007WFP, 2407WFP Firmware revisions -
A00 Initial release
A02 Color tweaking in the Service Menu

Does any one have any guidance as to what the A02 Service Menu color tweaking adjustments manipulate and how to go about properly calibrating the monitor using them.

si0dine said:
does that mean theres banding in other modes?
All of the monitors are fixed only in desktop mode. Don't worry, the other modes are pretty useless (multimedia just ups the gamma by 20%, for example).

And derrick, the A00s they give out are already flashed with the new firmware. All the A01 and A02 are are just flashed monitors with a new sticker...

Klintor said:
Don't worry, the other
And derrick, the A00s they give out are already flashed with the new firmware. All the A01 and A02 are are just flashed monitors with a new sticker...

Ok, just wondering hopefully I'll have mine thursday :) .Thank ya

I've recieved my new A02, and noticed the color defaults were different than the A00. Only...I want my A00 color defaults back. Because of the Holiday weekend, I returned the monitor the same day I received the replacement and didn't look at the settings before I returned it. I wanted to make sure I got in the DHL system before the holidays.

I went into the service menu on my A02 as stated on the link above, and noticed the defaults under PC Normal Preset were:
Red: 241
Green: 255
Blue:251

Anyway, I would like to know what settings people are using for their 2007 and are happy with it. Also, If someone could post what the original A00 setting was that would be great.

I got my new A02 last week and tested it out today. There is very little to no banding problem now. Something i noticed right from turning the LCD on and comparing it to the other one though was that the new A02 i now have is brighter. Did anyone else notice that? My previous 2007wfp has almost sort of a light tint to the display.

Can those who have 2007(AO2 version) can you please post some pictures, and if you can post some pictures using it with xbox 360 ;) THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

I have another question, it OT but were still talking about 2007fpw. I wanting to know if haveing a 17" fp and a 2007fpw running at the same time will it kill my grapics card, Geforce 6800? I game and stuff.

burningrave101 said:
I got my new A02 last week and tested it out today. There is very little to no banding problem now. Something i noticed right from turning the LCD on and comparing it to the other one though was that the new A02 i now have is brighter. Did anyone else notice that? My previous 2007wfp has almost sort of a light tint to the display.

Yeah, my new one seems slightly brighter.

Just got mine about 5 minutes ago and it's A02. :D Won't be able to test it until I get all my new PC parts (probably this Saturday).

Darn you people!

I just ordered one of these 2007WFP on the July 4th sale thing, ~$350 & free shipping. Of course having moved to California I have to pay TAXES + recycling fee on just about everything I mail-order now, so that pushed it up to ~$400.

Nonetheless it seemed like a great chance to "go wide" for a decent price, until I started reading this thread with "banding". I hope it's not too bad. Of course I've been using an Acer AL1702 on VGA for some while now so I suppose as long as it's an improvement over that I'll be happy.

Now y'all make me think about maybe I should have just bought the cheapo Scepter X20G., but I couldn't find any detailed reviews of the X20G and I just thought the Dell 3-year warranty would be worth it if I blow out a backlight or something.

vincentfox said:
Darn you people!

I just ordered one of these 2007WFP on the July 4th sale thing, ~$350 & free shipping. Of course having moved to California I have to pay TAXES + recycling fee on just about everything I mail-order now, so that pushed it up to ~$400.

Nonetheless it seemed like a great chance to "go wide" for a decent price, until I started reading this thread with "banding". I hope it's not too bad. Of course I've been using an Acer AL1702 on VGA for some while now so I suppose as long as it's an improvement over that I'll be happy.

Now y'all make me think about maybe I should have just bought the cheapo Scepter X20G., but I couldn't find any detailed reviews of the X20G and I just thought the Dell 3-year warranty would be worth it if I blow out a backlight or something.

I personally think its a great monitor and supposivley A02 has very limited banding

Im on an A00 currently as I wait for my A02 to be shipped over or however that works.

derrick45123 said:
I have another question, it OT but were still talking about 2007fpw. I wanting to know if haveing a 17" fp and a 2007fpw running at the same time will it kill my grapics card, Geforce 6800? I game and stuff.

You will still be able to game although it will give you a small performance hit from running two displays. You can just disable the second display in the display properties before you game though.

does having two displays really kill performance? because when i had two for like a few weeks i didn't see any performance changes, but then that may be because i'm not much of a power user

vincentfox said:
Darn you people!

I just ordered one of these 2007WFP on the July 4th sale thing, ~$350 & free shipping.
ARGH WHY WASN'T I TOLD ABOUT THIS

So this fix only fixes desktop mode, and you game in desktop mode?

I need a new lcd for gaming (mostly fps) within the next 4-5 months, and was looking at this dell or the viewsonic 20" WS. NEC is more than I want to pay for a monitor.

ya I was going to get the dell 2007wfp this thursday but ya they ended the sale. booo to them.

Oh well, the later you wait, probably the better, since you'll have more and more minimal of a chance of getting struck by banding issues.

Just to reiterate:

I've recieved my new A02, and noticed the color defaults were different than the A00. Only...I want my A00 color defaults back. Because of the Holiday weekend, I returned the monitor the same day I received the replacement and didn't look at the settings before I returned it. I wanted to make sure I got in the DHL system before the holidays.

I went into the service menu on my A02 as stated on the link above, and noticed the defaults under PC Normal Preset were:
Red: 241
Green: 255
Blue:251

Anyway, I would like to know what settings people are using for their 2007 and are happy with it. Also, If someone could post what the original A00 setting was that would be great.

Back