Dell 2007 fp/fpw Banding issue.

its great to see how everyone is finally getting good monitors from dell, after winging and compaining for so long

I ordered a 2007FP which came in a brand new shipment in to Dell here in South Africa. I assumed that all these monitors would thus be latest revisions. Not only that but a few people I know who get the 2007FPW got revision A02. Mine arrived today and....A00 :mad:

This is both on the box and on the sticker at the back of the monitor. Does anyone know if some A00's were already flashed to A02 firmware but did not have the stickers changed? If not, can Dell locally simply update the firmware? I have not yet gathered from the thread if going all the way from A00 to A02 is all through new firmware or if there is some hardware issues too. :(

Cheers,
X

according to dell its just a firmware issue. mine came with a sticker.

i'd ring up dell and get it exchanged ASAP

Just got my 2007, and man its beautiful. No dead pixels, no banding, and i upgraded from like an 8 year old 17 inch CRT. My only question is should i change any color settings or anything like that to get a better picture?

Anyone know how to raise the monitor up? Mind slid down and I haven't been able to raise it back up. I took it off the stand thing and tried to put it back up, but it won't budge. I pushed that button ont he back of the stand in and tried to push it up, but it still wouldn't budge. :confused:

It's really annoying me and I'd like to get it fixed asap.

maye ur standis busted...i had trouble with my old A00 stand aswell, it just wasn't smooth. when it got stuck at the bottom or top i just had to press that button.

see if you can get it exchanged

after 2 months
I finally got my a00 replaced by the a02 revision
there's still a tiny bit of banding in the darker area of the gradients but everywhere else its smoooth

awesome monitor

evs said:
maye ur standis busted...i had trouble with my old A00 stand aswell, it just wasn't smooth. when it got stuck at the bottom or top i just had to press that button.

see if you can get it exchanged

I'm gonna call later today and see what they have to say. Thanks for the tip!

Just got a Rev 02 version and this monitor is freaking sweet! I love it! No dead pixels or anything. Can't see any banding, but then I'm not really looking for it. Can't wait to use this when I get a 360. I tried hooking my PS2 to it, just to see what it would look like. It looked absolutely horrible due to the high resolution. It's just a blurry mess. This monitor will only like next gen systems. :D

What software do you guys use to calibrate your monitors?

rats! i was going to say hook it up to your 360 stat! the only solution is to go out to the store to buy one so you have one in time for the launch of dead rising!

xenogears said:
Just got a Rev 02 version and this monitor is freaking sweet! I love it! No dead pixels or anything. Can't see any banding, but then I'm not really looking for it. Can't wait to use this when I get a 360. I tried hooking my PS2 to it, just to see what it would look like. It looked absolutely horrible due to the high resolution. It's just a blurry mess. This monitor will only like next gen systems. :D

What software do you guys use to calibrate your monitors?

yeh i hooked it up to the ps2 aswell.....coudln't have put it in better words... "absolutely horrible"

Just to clarify...

I love the Samsung feature of adjusting brightness/contrast on the fly with the different modes. Typically, I use them for hight/low lighting conditions. Now I've read that the f??? chip has been deactivated during desktop mode, but what about the other two? Basically, if I get the monitor, can I adjust freely between the 3 modes and be treated to beautiful color gradients?

Cheers,

Jod

Does anybody have a yellow strip of stuff (pixels?) at the top left hand corner of the Dell 2007FP monitor?
It is like a piece of tape going diagonally.
It gives a yellow tint to anything that goes into that corner part of the screen.

I think yours might be broken. never hapened to my one. I'd get it changed.

evs.

Hi,
Was the banding problem found to be in dell's construction of the monitor or the LM201U05 panel? I am interested in the lg l2000c and i want to know if there is any banding problems with it. I have seen references saying it has banding problems, but no images of this or personal experences of this. Can anyone tell me does the l2000c have banding problems? If so have they fixed the problem like dell.
Thank you.

I've been testing out a 2007wfp s-ips I received last week. First used the DVI connection, read about the problems with it, then used the VGA, then last night tried the DVI again.

Here's the problem I think many people have with this monitor: It's not perfect right when you plug it in. It takes time adjusting the settings, adjusting a gamma setting (either with the graphics card or with Adobe Gamma) and some back and forth between the gradient test chart.

When I used the VGA I had some interference or buzzing in the screen on certain darker gradients. When I connected to the DVI last night, it went away. Just took some adjusting and I've gotten the monitor to pretty favorable conditions.

Additionally, I've been sitting rather close to the screen because I need to clear out some space on my desk. I noticed that as I moved away most gradient banding went away.

So, suffice to say, I'm coming around on this monitor, and I think the final move is also to get a new graphics card, as my current one is an older 64MB Radeon that is only 4X AGP.

argh had my monitor for a year and never found a fix for the banding.

There isn't one, an exchange is the only option. If it's still in warranty Dell will quite likely exchange it for you.

I know this is a old thread, but I'm thinking to buy a s-ips monitor and I'm wondering if DELL 2007wfp still has banding or did the fix(disabling Faroudja chip) eliminated all banding problems?!

Thanks!

I believe it's desktop mode that gets rid of the banding. The 2007 makes me smile every time I look up. :D

I know this is a old thread, but I'm thinking to buy a s-ips monitor and I'm wondering if DELL 2007wfp still has banding or did the fix(disabling Faroudja chip) eliminated all banding problems?!

I have a pair of A02 revisions that don't have any banding issues. The issue only existed with the A00 line to the best of my knowledge; which Dell no longer distributes. Unless there's been a change though, I think it's still luck of the draw on getting an S-IPS instead of a PVA panel.

Back