Dell 2005FPW + BF-2 + DVI = No Go :(

notoriousformula

[H]ard|Gawd
hey guys, I just installed the new Dell 2005FPW and i can't play BF-2 with DVI anymore :(.. It works fine with Analog 15 pin connector..Is there anyway i can fix this issue without re-installing the game?

Other games, like CSS work fine with DVI.

thanks.

notoriousformula said:
hey guys, I just installed the new Dell 2005FPW and i can't play BF-2 with DVI anymore :(.. It works fine with Analog 15 pin connector..Is there anyway i can fix this issue without re-installing the game?

thanks.

Don't know why - it works just fine for me using the senario you listed....

Ax

notoriousformula said:

thanks.
with my 2405 the refresh rate in game has to be 60hz, otherwise bf2 doesnt work. took me a while to figure it out

I just upgraded to Dell 2005FPW from Sony Dell Trinitron CRT monitor.. I think it has something to do with display setting/install files which were created when i installed BF-2. The game works fine with Analog Dell2005, but after switching to DVI it tried to launch but fails. And Yes my screen refresh rate is set to 60Mhz with DVI.

i think you have to upgrade your display driver to dell's 2005fpw, which you could find at dell's website. BF2 works perfectly fine with me so besides that i really dont know what else to tell you.

purple_haze said:
i think you have to upgrade your display driver to dell's 2005fpw, which you could find at dell's website. BF2 works perfectly fine with me so besides that i really dont know what else to tell you.
I'm not downgrading my latest nVidia 6800GT drivers to some generic Dell 2005FPW drivers.. I'm sure this problem can be solved by re-installing the game or by deleting the game driver cache files..

notoriousformula said:
I'm not downgrading my latest nVidia 6800GT drivers to some generic Dell 2005FPW drivers.. I'm sure this problem can be solved by re-installing the game or by deleting the game driver cache files..

I think he was referring to monitor drivers, and not the drivers for your video card. However I do understand the confusion because he said "display drivers" which is usually a reference to video card drivers.

Yeah he was referring to the monitor drivers. You might have done this already but if not you need to. These are not the video card drivers.

Monitors have drivers? Is this specific to LCDs, or special features some monitors have? I've never installed a monitor driver in my life. This ViewSonic CRT came with a CD when I bought it 5 years ago, never once put it in.

Okay, installed the Monitor drivers from Dell CD.. under Device manager instead of "plug and play monitor" it shows monitor as: Dell 2005fpw, But BF-2 still won't launch :mad: :(

DieLate said:
Monitors have drivers? Is this specific to LCDs, or special features some monitors have? I've never installed a monitor driver in my life. This ViewSonic CRT came with a CD when I bought it 5 years ago, never once put it in.
They're not really drivers, they just tell windows the range of refresh rates that the particular monitor can handle.

BF2 saves your configs in your "my documents" folder.

delete that whole "battlefield 2/Profiles" folder in "my documents", or go into "my documents/Battlefield 2/Profiles" and edit the video.con files in your 000x and default profile

It might look like this

VideoSettings.setResolution 1600x1200@85Hz

it's the 85Hz that makes the game to dump you back to the desktop, so change that to 60Hz or whatever your LCD supports.

*** if you delete the profiles folder you will lose all your settings ***

ya thats what i meant monitor drivers >.<, its the same thing just a misunderstanding and ya if your hz is set to high its probably the reason your monitor isnt running it set it to the standard 60hz so your 2005fpw can handle it and experience the beauty of the monitor like i have.

Back