Dell 2005 on sale for $396.75 with free shipping...

BoBoish

Weaksauce
2005 here

I've been holding out to see the new models, but with one of the $35-off coupons from Ebay, this may just be too good to pass up. I think I'll hold out through today and see if they accounce the new models at Cebit. If not, I'm going to be ordering this tonight.

yeah i comes down to 360ish after the coupon. I'm really thinking about this.

The specs of the 2007 and 2407 are out. I've been waiting to buy a monitor since September. I wanted to get something top of the line, big, fast, and HDCP-compliant.

I am sick of waiting, and there are no monitors that impress me. I think I'm going to bite and get the 2005 to hold me over until something really special comes out.

Ross

PS My computer is old anyway, so I prolly could not even take advantage of a big monitor. HDCP, I gues shouldn't worry about it yet.

Puterguru said:
After what coupon? Where? :confused:

Search Ebay for "dell $35 off coupon"

Just pay a buck for the coupon and save. I'm sure you can find them free at some places when people give away their codes (people post their codes on fatwallet sometimes), but I just bought one for a buck and saved the hassle.

$35 off coupons, that's how.

Sign up with FatWallet and get 2 or 3 percent cashback in a few months. I got both of mine for ~$370 back in July this way.

SO general concensus is that this is a [H]ot deal? Looking for an LCD, and am just itching to pull the trigger once I get paid tomorrow :cool:

WOHOO I got a friend of mine to give me a $35 off coupon. Came to $383 with tax, it's on the way, can't wait!

Does it take a while to get use to the Wide Screen?

yeah, this is a good deal. i pulled the trigger on a 2005fpw in july for like 350 shipped, and im loving it

"The 2005FPW discount expires 3/15.
All other monitor discounts are limited time offers."

As for getting used to it, I use them at work and have no problems going back and forth. I guess for games that don't have widescreen modes, you might have to get used to that, but most newer games support widescreen monitors natively.

They're going to be dropping more IM[H]O.

Just as the 7800gts have dropped from 260 to 210 overnight with the release of the 7900 series, when the 2007 and 2407 come out, it'll drop prices, hopefully 15%

You can also hit:
www.widescreengamingforum.com for a fix on the game that doesnt support WS, some cant be patched though.... I would die happy if I could play Diablo II on widescreen.

This is pretty much an amazing monitor and its a good price, I got it for $435 shipped last october.

IAmSpoli said:

Just as the 7800gts have dropped from 260 to 210 overnight with the release of the 7900 series, when the 2007 and 2407 come out, it'll drop prices, hopefully 15%

where can i get a 7800gt for 210? Do you mean used?

jcll2002 said:
i would get this monitor, but its scaring me because of those screen door effects/bleeding/other probems...

im deciding between the 2005fpw and this sexy thang http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116381

Screen door effect is a rarity. I got one with the SD effect, complained, they dropshipped me another one, that one had bad ghosting, they shipped me another, and that's the one I'm using right now. It's a good monitor, and great at that price. I'm tempted to get a second one.

~Doc

man, this is good.. I "may" bite on 2 of them

my question though is... on games that don't support this resolution... how do they perform?
like a game at 1024x768 or 1280x1024?
does it look good? just leave black areas around the edge... like letterbox?

thx

Ezekial said:
my question though is... on games that don't support this resolution... how do they perform?

thx
You should check out the widescreen gaming forum site that Juic3 linked above. Check out their Games List to see what games can do widescreen (some via tweak) and also the screenshots to see the difference widescreen makes vs. non-widescreen. Most impressive.

Ezekial said:
man, this is good.. I "may" bite on 2 of them

thx

It depends on how you have things configured. You can either run native resolution (with vertical black bars on either side) or stretched resolution, which distorts the image slightly to make it fill the whole screen.

The rule of thumb with LCDs is that running anything at a "stretched" or non-native resolution will not look as good as running unstretched/native. So, I tend to play at 1280x1024 unstretched in older games, and native res (1680x1050) in newer ones. I may have to buy another one of these panels, I am really satisfied with mine.

I have a $35 off coupon for free if someone is going to buy one of these monitors.
Just PM me, first PM gets it.

EDIT: Gone!!

Sheeit, this is just too good to pass up. I paid $435.97 for my last one...
This time, it was only $386.06 after a $35 off coupon which I bought for $1.98 on ebay, so we'll call it about $388 shipped (3-5 day shipping is free), including sales tax. Since I got approved for the Dell Preferred account, I saved an additional 2% too (a little more than $7).

Thanks for the heads-up on this deal, I was considering it and at 5am I decided it was time...

Puterguru said:
Anyone know if these comes with the DVI cable?

DVI and VGA. The screen has four inputs: DVI, VGA, Composite, and S-Video. I hook one of my consoles up to the S-Video, another to the composite and my computer via DVI. Now that I'm buying another to go with my existing one, maybe I'll do one console on one and another console on the other... hmmm...

syukton said:
DVI and VGA. The screen has four inputs: DVI, VGA, Composite, and S-Video. I hook one of my consoles up to the S-Video, another to the composite and my computer via DVI. Now that I'm buying another to go with my existing one, maybe I'll do one console on one and another console on the other... hmmm...

wha??? I'll be able to hook an xbox up to this? Wow... that is very cool. As long as it doesn't have ghosting i'll be happy as the old man on family guy looking at chris shaking it (animal house take-off)

awsome. just snagged one of these after the 35% coupon. i'm paying cents below $400. VERY nice price considering the last cheapest i've seen this was when i bought it at $437. hello dual screen!

RooK said:
wha??? I'll be able to hook an xbox up to this? Wow... that is very cool. As long as it doesn't have ghosting i'll be happy as the old man on family guy looking at chris shaking it (animal house take-off)

Yep. I didn't even know it before I bought my first one. There's an input selector button on the front and it cycles 1 through 4. You can even do picture-in-picture!

Just ordered one with the $35 coupon, came to $393 and change with tax in Washington.

syukton said:
Yep. I didn't even know it before I bought my first one. There's an input selector button on the front and it cycles 1 through 4. You can even do picture-in-picture!

joygasm.... this is too much monitor for me

i'm going to have to relocate my xbox to my computer desk... CURSES ON WHOEVER POSTED THIS DEAL!!!!!!! :)

IAmSpoli said:

I agree, but where can a 7800gt be found for 210? if you mean used on a FS/FT forum, then maybe.

Back