Dell 2005 LCD wont turn on

Bucken

2[H]4U
Hey guys. I unplugged my 2005 LCD to move some stuff around. When I plugged it back in it wont turn on. No green light on the front. Just sits there. Anything I am missing? Anyone else have this problem? Thanks

You hit the power button to turn it on?

Is it glowing amber?

Is the power cord you plugged into the monitor, plugged in to a strip / outlet?

Hit the power button and nothing. Yes I am plugged into a strip. No it is not glowing amber.

Make sure that the plug is inserted fully into the monitor, and try testing it in a different socket. Disconnect everything from the monitor except the power cord, do you receive any response then?

I've tried that and still nothing. I've even tried changing cords but still no luck

This is gonna sound wierd, but turn your computer off, and take the power cord from your computer and try plugging it into the monitor. If you get an amber light then just find another power cable (If your anything like me you have 5 lieing on the floor of your room) and try that. Ive been down that road a few times and its just annoying to admit that the power cord had a short in it.

I did just that and still no amber light. This was a very good 2005 too. Thanks for the help guys and if anyone else has any helpful hints please keep them coming. I am very frustrated right now :mad:

Back