Dell 1704 FP for $184 +tax

I jumped on this, great deal ... got it for $181.72 shipped and NO tax.

Extra 2% off that worked for me: DPA code 4N13PT2J68HCDX

I don't have the 17". I have the 20" model (2001FP) and I friggen love it. No ghosting, no fucky looking colors or nothing. I can't speak for the 17" but the 2001FP is beautiful on its own.

I was looking to get the 20 inch one, but this one looks more practical... I'm only going to be using it for dual monitor anyhow with my bigass CRT...

1st Sgt. Burke said:
Anybody have one...Ild like a personal, gamers review before I buy tonight.

I have this monitor at work and play bf2 on it while im sitting around answering the phone and it is awesome. Nice colors, no ghosting, bright, and lightweight. I bought it for 200 something from another deal thread here about a month ago :cool:

1st Sgt. Burke said:
Anybody have one...Ild like a personal, gamers review before I buy tonight.

I'll second that, the 17 has a 12ms reponce time and i cant find the responce time for the 20 inch. Any info would be great

Nettwerk said:
I have this monitor at work and play bf2 on it while im sitting around answering the phone and it is awesome. Nice colors, no ghosting, bright, and lightweight. I bought it for 200 something from another deal thread here about a month ago :cool:

Did you force BF2 to the monitors Native resolution or are you running it at 1024 X 768? Im big on BF2 so you just completely answered my question....

So to clarify:

Are you forcing BF2 to 1280x1024?
Or are you below the Native resolution (1024x768), if so, it still looks good in-game?

hmmm in thinking about this...

but for $89 more you can get the ultrasharp 19"

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1st Sgt. Burke said:
Did you force BF2 to the monitors Native resolution or are you running it at 1024 X 768? Im big on BF2 so you just completely answered my question....

So to clarify:

Are you forcing BF2 to 1280x1024?
Or are you below the Native resolution (1024x768), if so, it still looks good in-game?

I force it to 1280 x 1024 with 6600gt. 1024x768 looks fine on this monitor also though. Looks great!

carloboy said:
hmmm in thinking about this...

but for $89 more you can get the ultrasharp 19"

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The Dell™ UltraSharp™ 1905FP Flat Panel Monitor redefines the performance of LCD displays with a stylish new Dell industrial design, advanced functionality and the best in LCD panel technology. Whether for corporate or home use, the UltraSharp 1905FP maximizes the viewing experience with a thin bezel and panel that swivels, tilts and pivots to satisfy the most demanding of users. Simple yet efficient on-screen controls enable the users to customize to their needs. It utilizes an Active Matrix TFT LCD that displays sharp and brilliant images of text and graphics with a maximum resolution up to 1280x1024 pixels. Fast 20 ms response time delivers excellent image quality in high motion applications reducing ghosting, jagged edges enabling crisp, clear images. With 800:1 contrast ratio for high color accuracy and uniformity, this monitor is ideal for usage in a variety of environments from trading floors to graphic design and healthcare. Wider base provides stability, while the integrated rubber sleeve provides a clean cable management solution. With four USB 2.0 ports, two located on the side of the display, the 1905FP enhances your visual experience.

I went in for one. I have another 17" Dell LCD I got at Christmas, so I should have a decent dually setup. 12ms on the 1704FPT, while the older one is 16ms. Not too shabby me thinks.

strebor said:
Oh man this is tempting. Any idea how long this price will be valid?

Looks dead now, 33% coupon won't work when I just tested it. Mine has shipped and should be here on Thursday. :)

DusterAZ said:
Looks dead now, 33% coupon won't work when I just tested it. Mine has shipped and should be here on Thursday. :)

Think again

V96?D5167JSZ27

RE-UP'ED code.

This one is good until 7/30

laserdemon said:
I'll second that, the 17 has a 12ms reponce time and i cant find the responce time for the 20 inch. Any info would be great
The 2001FP has a 16ms panel, the 2005FPW has a 12ms panel. However don't get too caught up in reported response times, as by itself it is not an indicator of a "good" gaming LCD. Some slower panels perform better than some faster panels, not all panels interpolate well (run at non-native res) and not all are true 8-bit color panels. Response times are measured differently across different panel manufacturers, so you're often comparing apples to oranges when you look at the number alone.

You can't go wrong with either the 2001FP or 2005FPW, it's just a choice between widescreen or 150 more vertical pixels. Myself, I prefer a 4:3 monitor therefore I prefer the 2001FP.

What do you think about the 17"? the listed response time is 12ms, but are all the Dell FP the same quality? I really want to pick this up but need to know before i drop the $200 on it, since this is going to delay my actual CPU upgrade.

-J

digitcon said:
What do you think about the 17"? the listed response time is 12ms, but are all the Dell FP the same quality? I really want to pick this up but need to know before i drop the $200 on it, since this is going to delay my actual CPU upgrade.

-J
Well, some of the other posters in this thread are saying they're good for gaming. We have some of the 17" Dell's here at work but obviously no gaming going on, so I can't say myself how good they'd be for gaming or video. I remember reading some negative comments related to gaming on the Dell 19" LCD's before, but I don't remember where or when exactly.

Anyone get their 1704FPT yet? I got mine yesterday and there is backlight bleeding across the top so I plan on exchanging it.

My brother got his earlu this weekand its just awesome. Really good for gaming if you ask me.

DusterAZ said:
Anyone get their 1704FPT yet? I got mine yesterday and there is backlight bleeding across the top so I plan on exchanging it.

Mine also has slight bleeding across the top. Although not really noticeable to me to warrant exchanging it.

Back