Dell 10 Days of Deals

7200rpm hard drives create more heat and suck down more juice so keep that in mind.

anyone else notice how the upgrades for the 1505 are a complete rip? $150 more dollars for xp pro upgrade? i could get that at newegg for 137! $200 MORE just to add another gigabyte of ram? $100 to go from a 6 cell to a 9 cell battery, when a second 9 cell would only be $130? and good sweet lord $40 for a floppy drive? who are they trying to kid? not me. not to mention they charge $10 for the reinstallation cd, but then again you could just download that and use the key they provide you

I am actually buying the e1505 deal they have. Dell has the best overall deals on laptops if you could find those great coupon codes, or this 10days of deals seems pretty good. But I agree, they charge crazy amounts for some upgrades though. An extra 9 cell battery only 30 bucks more than the upgrade. I'm just looking for a laptop for school, but trying to keep it cheap. It is so temping though to just go all out and get a laptop witha nvidia 7800 go in it. That way I can came no matter where I am!!! :)

Inspiron E1505
Intel® Core™ Duo processor T2050 (2MB Cache/1.60GHz/533MHz FSB)
Genuine Windows® XP Home
100GB1 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive
1GB1 Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
1Yr Ltd Warranty2, 1Yr Mail-In Service, and 1Yr HW Warranty2 Support
Featured at
$1,164
$699

HOT!

Inspiron E1705
Featured at
$1,424
Sale - $899

Intel® Core™ Duo (1.73GHz/533MHz FSB)
XP Home Edition & re-installation CD
17 inch Wide Screen XGA+ Display
1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz
256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7900 GS
100GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW)
53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Unit Price $1,733.00
Dell Home Customers: Save $525 off this Dell Inspiron E1705!
- $525.00

TOTAL:$1,208.00

That's what I've been waiting for. :D

Billiam411 said:
anyone else notice how the upgrades for the 1505 are a complete rip? $150 more dollars for xp pro upgrade? i could get that at newegg for 137! $200 MORE just to add another gigabyte of ram? $100 to go from a 6 cell to a 9 cell battery, when a second 9 cell would only be $130? and good sweet lord $40 for a floppy drive? who are they trying to kid? not me. not to mention they charge $10 for the reinstallation cd, but then again you could just download that and use the key they provide you

Is it just me or do none of these deals sound hot?? I was hoping for some great deals on LCD monitors. Especially on the 24''er. Also, the laptop deals suck if you get any of the upgrades.

So far the deals have been pretty lame, except the laptop one but I was hoping for some hard drives, good pair of headphones, or like you said, an LCD.

Question.... if I got their 1705 with upgrades.... how does that compare to the 35% off they had the other week??? Is it about the same, more, less??

Been doing some upgrading. What do you think? Good deal or not?

Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2400 (1.83GHz/667MHz FSB)
17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™
8x CD/DVD burner
1Yr Ltd Warranty, 1Yr At-Home Service, and 1Yr HW Warranty Support

$2,027.00
- $525.00
TOTAL:$1,502.00

It would have been a better deal when they had the 35% off sale. Now I'm sure whether to get it or wait. :confused:

to be honest, i thought about it, but theres no point in getting the 1705 right now. It's a desktop replacement without 64 bit extensions. When vista comes out you'll be sad.

oh and once you start to upgrade on these, the 35-40% off's are much better in the long run

Eh, I'd be surprised if they run deals on the XPS'. I think the best deal on the XPS systems was a week or so ago when they had the 30% off coupons through EPP.

$469
Dimension E310
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 521 w/HT Technology (2.8GHz,800FSB)
Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
160GB1 Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/ 8MB cache
1GB1 Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz -2DIMMs
Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW2) w/double layer write capability3
Plus 17 in. flat panel

I am so very tempted to get this for a Linux box. Wow. Get your nongaming parents/relatives/email checkers to check this out.

Baredor said:
$469
Dimension E310
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 521 w/HT Technology (2.8GHz,800FSB)
Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
160GB1 Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/ 8MB cache
1GB1 Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz -2DIMMs
Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW2) w/double layer write capability3
Plus 17 in. flat panel

I am so very tempted to get this for a Linux box. Wow. Get your nongaming parents/relatives/email checkers to check this out.

Would all it take to make that into a "reasonable" gaming machine, be adding a decent video card?

I'm trying to find a machine capable of playing WoW for the girlfriend, without breaking the bank. I know WoW is not very graphics intensive anyway, so it might work ok..

Yeah I have one of those in my cart right now, debating on getting it for a new HTPC recording server and sell the monitor to drop the price even more. Certainly not a bad deal I'm thinking!

MrChunks said:
Would all it take to make that into a "reasonable" gaming machine, be adding a decent video card?

I'm trying to find a machine capable of playing WoW for the girlfriend, without breaking the bank. I know WoW is not very graphics intensive anyway, so it might work ok..

You cant add a reasonble card to it, it only has 2 PCI and a x1 PCI-e slot.

StarWolf said:
Been doing some upgrading. What do you think? Good deal or not?

Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2400 (1.83GHz/667MHz FSB)
17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™
8x CD/DVD burner
1Yr Ltd Warranty, 1Yr At-Home Service, and 1Yr HW Warranty Support

$2,027.00
- $525.00
TOTAL:$1,502.00

It would have been a better deal when they had the 35% off sale. Now I'm sure whether to get it or wait. :confused:

It was also better when they had one of their $750 of 1999 deals. I had a 1705 configured with a ton of extras for a tad over $1250 1.83 Processor, 2 batteries, etc..

That Logitech Harmony 880 remote doesn't look like a bad deal at all. Newegg has it for $220 . Do any coupons stack to whats being offered on these deals?

dignatary said:
That Logitech Harmony 880 remote doesn't look like a bad deal at all. Newegg has it for $220 . Do any coupons stack to whats being offered on these deals?

With the DPA and paypal coupons it gets it down to $117.60 for me.

I bit for the 880.

MrChunks said:

Just get a gig of ram and a semi-decent gpu and you'll run WoW like a champ.

tacklebox said:
Just get a gig of ram and a semi-decent gpu and you'll run WoW like a champ.

I guess that's the question - finding a really innexpensive PC, that I can throw a PCI-E card, and probably an extra gig of ram into. A dell would probably make that pretty simple too, as long as it's marginally expandable. Hopefully there's something decent in the remaining days for this.

A 7600GS/X1600 or whatever they are would probably be way more than enough for her too, since I myself run on an old 9800 at 1600x1200 without major problems.

Keshik said:
e1405 is $700 right now

very tempted...

You guys do know that Conroe and Meram(sp?) will be out in like two weeks. This is just a stock liquidation sale for all of the to-be old inventory.

EVERYTHING I have heard about the new chips blows all current chips out of the water... I think the NDA is lifted this weekend.

MrChunks said:
I guess that's the question - finding a really innexpensive PC, that I can throw a PCI-E card, and probably an extra gig of ram into. A dell would probably make that pretty simple too, as long as it's marginally expandable. Hopefully there's something decent in the remaining days for this.

A 7600GS/X1600 or whatever they are would probably be way more than enough for her too, since I myself run on an old 9800 at 1600x1200 without major problems.

Yep, by the time you throw that money into a Dell like that, your value suddenly disappears.

How much you got for a rig?

InorganicMatter said:
Darnit, where's my 2007WFP for <$350?

Check your local craigslist. I picked one up on Tuesday that was less than 2 months old, with the remaining 3 year warranty for $300.

Order Processing: Sunday, July 09, 2006
Pre-production: Sunday, July 09, 2006
In Production:
Kitting
Build
Testing
Boxing
Shipping Prep: Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Ship Date: Wednesday, July 12, 2006
FASTTT!!!

Killa_2327 said:
Yep, by the time you throw that money into a Dell like that, your value suddenly disappears.

How much you got for a rig?

I was hoping for something in the 4-600 range, without a monitor. Considering it's really just for WoW and maybe The Sims 2, a beefy videocard is far from required. As long as it has the slots for it, upgrading to more than 512 ram to a gig can be done later too.

It's not for an enthusiast by any means. So it's just gotta be functional. The dells seemed perfect until I found out about the missing PCI-E 8/16x slots.

I feel bad that I've gone so far off topic in the Hot Deals forum... but this is killing me. She won't get off my stupid WoW account until I can get her one of her own :D I'm really sad I missed that deal a few months ago for the 2407+decent pc. I'd keep the monitor, she can have the pc for 400.

FrothyByte said:
You guys do know that Conroe and Meram(sp?) will be out in like two weeks. This is just a stock liquidation sale for all of the to-be old inventory.

EVERYTHING I have heard about the new chips blows all current chips out of the water... I think the NDA is lifted this weekend.

True, but put the time frame into perspective.

Laptops with the chip won't come out until Sept-Oct. Then add about 3-4 months until the price normalizes.

So about Christmas time the centrino's and Turion's will liquidate.

pagoon said:
Laptops with the chip won't come out until Sept-Oct. Then add about 3-4 months until the price normalizes.

I totally agree with pagoon. I've been watching laptop prices for the past couple months cause I need one for school. I really wanted a Core 2 Duo so bad, but Merom (the mobile chip for laptops) doesn't come out until August, 2-3 weeks before you start seeing them in supply, and they will be probably be fairly expensive at the point. These past few laptops are great deals for people looking to get laptops for school, not for gaming of course. Back to School sales aren't always the best, in fact sometimes things get more expensive since that is the time where people are buying a lot of laptops. I'm hoping I don't have too high expectations of the Intel 950 graphics, cause I need it to play WoW. But I doubt that should be a problem.

I'm not sure about the other laptops, but I was reading through the Dell forums this morning and Merom will work in the E1705. That is dependent though on a firmware update from Dell.

StarWolf said:
I'm not sure about the other laptops, but I was reading through the Dell forums this morning and Merom will work in the E1705. That is dependent though on a firmware update from Dell.

Do you have any links? This might be worth it for me.

Great...

Got my 1405 in the mail today from Dell.
Its broken. When i press any where on the keyboard the screen turns pink.
I call Tech Support turns out everyone working there is Indian :( Well i try to explain to him 100 times but he doesn't get it and repeats what he said the previous time.

Tried online support... The tell me i'm on the wrong support chat, when their was only 1 chat link for support. WTF

pagoon said:
Do you have any links? This might be worth it for me.

Yep. Read it here.
Dell Forum

"The hardware contained within any of Dell's laptops with the i945PM or i945GM chipset will have physical support for the new processor. However, it will entirely depend on whether Dell decides to release a BIOS update that supports the Core 2 Duo microcode. Without updated firmware, your chances get much smaller..."

As far as I can find, the E1705 has the 945GM Chipset.

Maxxx- said:
Got my 1405 in the mail today from Dell. Its broken.

Sorry Maxxx, that sucks. Ask to speak to a supervisor somewhere.

Maxxx- said:
Great...

Got my 1405 in the mail today from Dell.
Its broken. When i press any where on the keyboard the screen turns pink.
I call Tech Support turns out everyone working there is Indian :( Well i try to explain to him 100 times but he doesn't get it and repeats what he said the previous time.

Tried online support... The tell me i'm on the wrong support chat, when their was only 1 chat link for support. WTF

I was on the phone with Dell India tech support for 5 hours last summer about my Inspiron 5150 lappy. Just keep yelling at em and ask for a Tier-2 person. I eventually got them to come to my house and install a new processor and new video card! :D

I finally bit. I got suckered in and bought a 1505, here are the specs

Inspiron E1505 Intel® Core™ Duo processor
T2400 (2MB Cache/1.83GHz/667MHz FSB)
LCD Panel 15.4 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen SXGA+ Display with TrueLife
Memory 1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
Video Card 256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory
Hard Drive 80GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive
Network Card and Modem Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Combo/DVD+RW Drives 8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
Integrated Audio
Wireless Networking Cards Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps)

I'm planning to use it for some light gaming, 3d apps while I'm on the road, internet, music and all that crap that I wont have to use my main rig for.

I bit, got the E1505 and added the truelife, $711 shipped. Not bad.

If a better deal arises this weekend I will most likely cancel and re-order.

Back