Deleted registry file, anyway to recover?

Spiff1333

Gawd
So windows kept flashing that a network cable was unplugged and even if I closed the little box it kept popping up so I tried to do what this post said, http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1081947363 , and it just totally removed the notification at all. Is there any way to undo this or restore it. I didn't have system restore on or a registry back up. :(

I can offer you this: I found the key in my registry. What you do is copy the text below, and paste it into Notepad. Save the file as a text file (.txt). The file name is not important, just call it what you want (i.e. document.txt). Probably save to the desktop for easy access. After it is saved, rename the .txt extention to .reg . Double click on it and it will enter the info into your registry. Reboot.

Copy all the text between, but not including, <start> and <end>

<start>

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{7007ACCF-3202-11D1-AAD2-00805FC1270E}]
@="Network Connections Tray"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{7007ACCF-3202-11D1-AAD2-00805FC1270E}\DefaultIcon]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{7007ACCF-3202-11D1-AAD2-00805FC1270E}\InProcServer32]
@="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\NETSHELL.dll"
"ThreadingModel"="Both"

<end>

dog

Thanks for the help...worked like a charm. Now i just hav to figure out why my internet isnt working.

What kind of internet issues do you have? No connection? Are you on broadband or dial-up? I had a friend who couldnt connect his broadband for anything after a Windows update. Turns out auto IP and DNS got turned off for some unknown reason. turned them back on, good to go. The other issue I have seen is using Zone Alarm on a network - sometimes the trusted zone IPs would disappear and lock everyone out.

*drive-by after though*

System Restore was an option if it's not neutered.

Back