deleted power schemes!

[wizard]

Limp Gawd
I deleted the power schemes on accadent! how do i get them back? it will not allow me to make any new power schemes on my windows xp laptop. i had made my own and was trying to delete the default windows power schemes...now i have none.

i've search the microsoft knowledge base with no answers. any ideas?! i'll post a screen shot if nessicary.

If you made your own then why did you try to delete the default windows power schemes ? :eek:

i ended up with 16 schemes in my list and i was trying to organize them. as i was deleteing the first on "Always On" it would not go away. I tried to delete it about 20 times doing different steps each time. i finally restarted the computer and when i went back in to take a look at my schemes they where all gone. :(

ok...i've searched microsofts website, dells website, and googled and cant find anything. if i log into my laptop as the admin i do have power profiles...is there a way to reset my profile and not loose my data thats in my profile folders? (i.e. my documents, start menu, etc.)

Back