Delete/Disable Refresh Rates with Custom Resolutions

Discussion in 'Video Cards' started by 24Gordon, Jul 7, 2019.

1. 24Gordon

24Gordon Limp Gawd

Back Story
    I recently switched from an Nvidia card to an AMD card. While running on Geforce, I was able to create custom resolutions where I could also set the refresh rate (50hz specifically). This would then create a resolution profile that windows and most importantly games would recognize. When I would switch to this custom resolution (i.e. 3200 x 1800 @ 50hz), the monitor would automatically change the refresh rate (I choose to sacrifice 10fps for higher resolution).

Current Situation
    With the AMD Radeon Settings panel, I am able to create the custom resolutions with a 50hz mode, but it also adds modes for 59/60hz. When I select the resolutions in games it defaults to 60hz, so if the game doesn't have a refresh rate option (most don't), I'm stuck at 60hz.

Main Question
    It appears that when the AMD Radeon Settings program creates a custom resolution profile, it includes the standard refresh rate of the monitor in addition to the refresh rate I set (50hz). Does anyone know how to disable the standard 60hz refresh rates on custom resolutions?

2. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger [H]ard as it Gets

3. spine

spine 2[H]4U

Yup, I used this to force my screen to do crazy refreshrates in games, mostly for when the NV Control panel doesn't seem to push it with the 'use highest refreshrate' setting. I'd assume it'd work for AMD cards also though.

Check out what my Sony 55" XE90 TV can do... :cool:

CRU_Sony_TV_XE90.png

4. 24Gordon

24Gordon Limp Gawd

I'm still getting the same issue even using CRU. When it adds the resolution and refresh rate, it also adds the default refresh rate as an option. I wonder if it is something in the AMD Driver. This screen capture is at 2112 x 1188.

Attached Files: