Degree of Flexibility in Agile and Waterfall

adisharma

n00b
Hello Everyone, I am learning manual testing and I am confused to understand which one is better between agile and waterfall as a flexibility point. As I know about the waterfall model is a structured software development methodology. As it is incapable of accommodating later changes, it offers little to no flexibility. Can anyone know about agile methodology or tell me which one is better between agile and waterfall?

Having been exposed to both, the best solution in most cases is a combination of both.

Plan well up front, alter course when you hit milestones and it makes sense to do so, but keep focus on those milestones. Do not change spec much after the first few phases.

Keljian is correct. I haven't worked in a place that was purely one or the other. A mix keeps things flexible and development routes clear.

One thing I will point out is that the PMs I have worked with seem to like Agile a lot more.
The scrum meetings every day, kanban board to keep updated, 2 week sprints, retrospectives, etc.

Back