Defective monitor?

I bought a BenQ G2220HD monitor last week hooked up via DVI. The problem is whenever I move something like a minimized window, or play a game I can see what appears to be green and red pixels. I have never seen this on any monitor or TV ever.
I do have basically perfect eyesight, but I checked the monitor out in store and didn't see it on the display model, nor did I see it on any other monitor when I was looking for motion blur and ghosting before buying. I've tried searching, but have not found a single thread or article.

I'll get hit with a 15% restocking fee since it's past 7 days, but I have 15 for direct replacement(tomorrow is the 8th day). I just want to make sure it's not a common thing. It's VERY visible when I play a game, to the point I can't focus on the game and just quit because it looks nasty.
It's very subtle, but can be reproduced moving a window around the screen. It continues the entire time I'm moving it or by moving my head fast side to side. To me it seems like it's a screen defect.

Should not be happening.

Does it show up if you do a screen cap?

Try switching out DVI cables, or even a vga cable.

Can you test on another screen or with a different video card/display source?

Check your graphics card temperature during gaming. Also try to see if this occurs with stock clocks.

Has nothing to do with cables or graphics. Sounds like you got some stuck pixels. Try lightly applying pressure to the dots to see if they go away. I had a similar problem with an older lcd, this program worked wonders on it.

http://www.jscreenfix.com/

Hope this helps!

Its the whole screen.If you move a window and look at the opposite side of the screen it happens. I tried HDMI, DVI and VGA on this card and another. In windows my clocks are 51/102/135 so it's not the overclock. At first I thought it was ghosting, but I've seen ghosting and it looks nothing like this.

It looks sort of like when you take a picture of your monitor with a crappy camera and you get weird lines, except it looks like the outline of the pixels then wavy lines going through it. VERY small, but my girlfriend who can't see shit didn't have a problem seeing it.

Just wanted to make sure this wasn't common ghosting. Was losing my mind.

That sounds terrible. If I were you and was worried about restocking fees and had the funds, I'd go buy another monitor and swap out the old in the new box and return it for a refund. Good times.

Ended up just returning it and getting the G2420HDB , it was 40 off so I only had to pay 40 more(the 22 was 120, this 160 on sale). It was the monitor no doubt. Thanks, glad that is over. Those lines were fucking with my head.

Back