Deep Silver Weekend Deal on Steam

wow that was fast...Redux already 50% off?...must not have sold well since most people were satisfied with the previous version(s)

What's the difference? Basically a GOTY w/ everything included?

*edit* remastered in the latest engine? IIRC Metros were already fairly badass, generally used as reference benchmarks because of their quality and how well they thrash a GPU.. ?

Last edited:
The first one was overhauled and enhanced in various ways. The second one only gets some graphic tweaks. They include all the DLC, which are like cut scene fights from different characters/perspectives. Really would have preferred a third game instead.

wow that was fast...Redux already 50% off?...must not have sold well since most people were satisfied with the previous version(s)

Silly assumption. First of all they had already been discounted for existing owners. And the only reason they bothered doing a redux was to release the games on PS4/Xbone. I think this is one of those times we should drop the entitled PC gamer stance and be grateful they bothered to offer this for PC at all, instead of only offering it to the new consoles.

Metro 2033 in particular I like a *whole* lot better in the redux version. Was worth the $12 or whatever.

Dead Island Collection $8.. was riptide any good?

Dead Island Collection
Includes 7 items:
Dead Island,
Dead Island Bloodbath Arena DLC,
Dead Island Ripper Mod,
Dead Island Riptide,
Dead Island: Riptide - Fashion Victim,
Dead Island: Riptide - Survivor Pack,
Dead Island: Ryder White DLC
-75%
$7.49 USD

I picked up the Metro Redux pack. Its cheap enough to pick up, but I don't mind paying a bit more to support a developer I appreciate. Thx for the heads up.

Redux just runs so much better on the new engine, looks just as good if not better, but just runs way better for an improved overall experience. Plus the hardcore survivor mode? It's totally worth replaying both.

1st we have the Halloween sale!
Last year Halloween sale was fantastic.

I'm sure Dead Island will go on sale as well because during the
Halloween sale all zombie games and scary games go on sale.

Buy now or wait for Steam Christmas sale?
That's what I'm wondering...I only have the original 2033 but it ran like poo on my rig at the time. Now I have a WC'ed 780 HOF OC'ed to the hilt but I haven't bothered to download 2033. Better off just not playing it and buying this redux?

SRIV Game of the Century Edition has all of the DLC for $10.19. Looks like the way to go if you're picking it up.
Yeah, for another $3 it's a better deal. I'm having a blast with it. Much better than SR3 although that game was also great.

How good / bad is the Dead Island series? What does it compare to? Is it like a Far Cry 3 with zombies (hipster partiers on tropical island face long odds)?

Dead island is more like borderlands than FC3. Think borderlands with melee weapons. Respawning zombies, coop mode, skill trees. Well worth playing.

I liked dead island only after I found a few "Trainers" that gave me unlimited ammo, and unlimited health. To clarify, I only ever played single player. Dead Island was huge and took me weeks to explore, and find everything even with unlimited health and ammo. It actually made it a lot more fun because it wasn't a grind. Dead Island Riptide, should have been a DLC for Dead Island. You could tell it was about half the size of Dead Island. Both games definitely had major issues, some game breaking that were eventually resolved.

But 8$ for all the odds and ends? I think that is worth it. I paid much more for my copies, and I feel like I got my moneys worth.. But I will never buy a techland game again.

Back