Deep Rock Galactic - 4-player co-op mining/shooting

MavericK

Zero Cool
I tried searching but found no thread for this game. It's currently on sale on Steam for $20, after a free weekend.

I picked it up today, and it's a lot of fun! Hopped into a couple of missions with randoms who were higher level but very helpful and friendly. It's basically a risk/reward class-based game where you go on different missions to mine minerals, repair equipment, guard a moving drill, etc. You get materials through these to upgrade perks and equipment, and there's level progression as well.

Seems to get regular updates, lots of stuff on the roadmap.

It's fun, it is also on Game Pass PC which is where I played it. I might buy it on steam so thanks for the heads up about the sale.

Edit: I forgot that the Steam and Game Pass versions don't have cross play with each other so you have to make sure you and everyone you play with get the same version.

I have about 270 hours in it and consider that having had my fill until they add new weapons or perform a major rebalance.

Great game for co-op!

Also, as far as I can tell, all of the DLC is cosmetic only.
Correct.

Lots of cosmetics can be unlocked too, its basically the end game grind, that and overclocks that change how the weapons behave.

Picked this up last night. I've spent $20 on worse things. I'll give it a solid go tonight and this weekend. They kind of just throw you into the game which was kind of neat.

Wonderful game. Have a few hundred hours in it, and while not a daily staple, it's one of those games where if someone hits me up to "Let's play Dwarves" I'm all in. Fun times, decent update schedule to keep it feeling fresh, and absolutely worth the $20 (or ~ $14 when I got it on sale) you might spend. Excellent co-op, solid networking, good soundtrack, good aesthetic, excellent ambiance. It's a solid gem of a game.

Coffee Stain as a publisher has really hit the mark for games that appeal to me, but especially their co-op titles, or games with a casual co-op facet. I like Satisfactory, Deep Rock, and Valheim.

This is on sale starting today. I'd like to pick it up, but just a quick question:

Besides the main game, is there any content/DLC/extra BS I should pick up to go with it? I'm not interested in soundtracks, but actual game parts that are necessary for a full game experience.

Ive only got like 8 hours in it, but I love it, just haven't had time to jump on it again to play more.

This is on sale starting today. I'd like to pick it up, but just a quick question:

Besides the main game, is there any content/DLC/extra BS I should pick up to go with it? I'm not interested in soundtracks, but actual game parts that are necessary for a full game experience.
No. Game is feature and content complete with the base game.

DLC are hats and stuff. No gated off content.

Is this game worth playing? My brother mentioned it to me. Can we do co-op?

Back