Decision between AM4 motherboards

WackyWRZ

n00b
Looking to replace my X370 Gaming K7 with an X470/X570 board that's more stable with 3rd gen Ryzen and has a better BIOS / software. The fan and RGB controls are just unusable - and this is the 2nd time I've had bad luck with Gigasuck, so it's the last.

Looking at either the Asus X470 Crosshair VII or X570 TUF boards. Wondering if there's something good MSI to be looking at as well, or what'd be the best between the two ASUS boards listed (or another good option). Only difference I can see is PCIe 4.0 which I think means nothing really, even though I do have a 5700XT.

Last edited:
I would have said Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master but it appears you no like "Gigasuck" :D

Lol they’ve burned me twice now on boards (one literally caught fire), so I’ve got a super sour taste in my mouth from them.

I've read X570 GB boards are much improved in the BIOS department. I can get an Asus X470 CH7 for about $140 and a X570 Aorus master for $220. Do I risk chancing it again with another GB board?

Asus X570 TUF is pretty good and should come in around the same price as the Aorus Master.

Lol they’ve burned me twice now on boards (one literally caught fire), so I’ve got a super sour taste in my mouth from them.
I hear you. I've had one Gigabite X399 Aorus board quit suddenly, and 2x x570 (Aorus Ultra and Master) that I simply get to work right with a 3950X CPU even after updating UEFI to gigabytes Latest. The costly Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Master / 3970X I am using now was a gamble (not a big one cause I would have presented it back to the sellers if it was no good) that paid off since it is solid as a rock so far.

Last edited:
I'm personally going to try to do everything MSI when I do my new build. Only had one board with them but I was impressed and it's still going after several years.
Hoping the MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi will be out by the time I'm ready which is 2 or 3 months.

I've used Asus, MSI, Gigabyte and Asrock. I found MSI and Asus to be my favorites. Just a shame the Asus offerings for TRX40 were a little less than I needed for a given price. The Asrock was good, but not available from my favorite brick & pmortar stores. Gigabyte gave me the best mix of onboard stuff and was actually available but I find their quality control is pretty shoddy. 3 out of 4 bum motherboards is not something I like.

Ive been very happy with my x570 MSI creation board, been stable and problem free since I got it.

Back