Decent laptops for the basics

• 3GHz seventh-generation AMD A9-9420 dual-core APU processor with 1MB cache, up to 3.6GHz
  • 15.6" diagonal HD SVA WLED-backlit touchscreen display with 1366x768 resolution
  • 4GB DDR4 SDRAM
  • 1TB 5400 RPM SATA hard drive
  • DVD+/-RW drive
  • 802.11ac Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology
  • AMD Radeon R5 graphics
I just want to browse the web, use iTunes and be able to watch full hd movies with no lag.

Do you have the laptop brand and model?

Where can you buy it?

How much does it cost?

You will more than likely not have any problems doing those with that configuration. I've done heavier stuff on a machine that's significantly weaker... Unless you're [H] as nails, then you will want far MOAR!... :D

Just note that you cant watch 1080 on that machine as the resolution on that screen is 1366x768. if it has an HDMI out and you have a 1080 monitor and/or tv you might be able to get by but now you're tethered to your display.

As with all laptops, spend what you can, now, because there won't be much that you can upgrade later.

Generally there will be no big difference between laptops. But 8GB ram and fullhd display is a standard right now so please dont buy 1366x768
If you want to just browse the web perhaps maybe it good idea to buy used/refurbrished ? I've got myself Dell XPS13 9333 used and it has some scratches but for what i paid i think it's a great price. Older haswell/broadwell CPUs would be still more than enough.

Getting a laptop will depend on its purpose. Personally, I'm using a Dell Inspiron. But if one wants it for gaming or multimedia then you may choose, Asus ROG G752VL-UH71T.

I agree on getting a laptop with fullhd display so that you will enjoy watching your fave movies.

Back