DecaGear! A new VR headset competitor enters the ring..., but it seems a little sus

MegaDodo?? The company name doesn't inspire any confidence.

Even if it is real, I bet it turns out something like the Pimax, all specs, but rubbish really.

Much like Reverb G2 but better? Definetly looks too good to be true. I'll believe when prototypes get sent to the major VR Youtube channels.

MRTV managed to land an interview with the company. I have not watched it all the way through yet (it is 2 hours long, good lord!) but it does seem to be an interesting device. However it is in very early stages, who knows if they can pull it off.

*edit* Here is the TLDW summary.

Last edited:
I'll believe it when I see reviews of shipping units. I've worked in hardware development (well, consumer electronics- not even approaching the complexity of something like this) and I feel skeptical of a small company promising big performance at a low price. I agree with others, sounds too good to be true.

I'll believe it when I see reviews of shipping units. I've worked in hardware development (well, consumer electronics- not even approaching the complexity of something like this) and I feel skeptical of a small company promising big performance at a low price. I agree with others, sounds too good to be true.

Good thing going on for them is that they will start a Kickstarter campaign only after they have a good prototype available to send to major VR channels to test. The cheap price is apparently only for those who put in the reservation now, it is going to be more expensive (realistically priced I think) when Kickstarter begins. But yes, they are a small company. Even if this is legit I can very much foresee a similar mess happening that Pimax went through, which they STILL have not managed to clean up from what I understood.

Good thing going on for them is that they will start a Kickstarter campaign only after they have a good prototype available to send to major VR channels to test. The cheap price is apparently only for those who put in the reservation now, it is going to be more expensive (realistically priced I think) when Kickstarter begins. But yes, they are a small company. Even if this is legit I can very much foresee a similar mess happening that Pimax went through, which they STILL have not managed to clean up from what I understood.
That's a start, with the caveat that the prototype HAS to not just "work", but be mass-produceable. Building ten of something is different from building a hundred of something is different from building a hundred thousand of something- my former colleagues and I learned that the hard way, as many small companies with big ideas have.

I wish them luck. Would love to get into VR but I'm holding off another 5-10 years till the tech is more mature and affordable.

That's a start, with the caveat that the prototype HAS to not just "work", but be mass-produceable. Building ten of something is different from building a hundred of something is different from building a hundred thousand of something- my former colleagues and I learned that the hard way, as many small companies with big ideas have.

I wish them luck. Would love to get into VR but I'm holding off another 5-10 years till the tech is more mature and affordable.

Yeah it better be the same or close to the HP Reverb G2 prototype that was sent to the Youtubers, not a semifunctional contraption held on by duct tape and wires.

That said, I think Quest 2 is about as close to being affordable as it gets while still being good quality from what I gathered. That is, if you are not afraid of Facebook stranglehold.

5-10 year eh?
FYI, it is pretty mature and affordable. A decent GPU at affordable $$ now that's another issue :ROFLMAO:

Would love to get into VR but I'm holding off another 5-10 years till the tech is more mature and affordable.

$350 isn't affordable?

I can kind of understand why people didn't go for the first two generations of hardware. But, the tech is pretty awesome right now. The Quest 2 is fantastic, wireless gaming freedom with great visuals. Reverb G2 is going to the best Sim headset ever.

Get into VR now. Don't be like that guy in the comic strip about VR.

Reactions: MaZa
like this
$350 isn't affordable?

I can kind of understand why people didn't go for the first two generations of hardware. But, the tech is pretty awesome right now. The Quest 2 is fantastic, wireless gaming freedom with great visuals. Reverb G2 is going to the best Sim headset ever.

Get into VR now. Don't be like that guy in the comic strip about VR.

I agree. Technology is really good now. And while it is still taking major leaps almost every year we are at a point where you would be missing out of some very magnificent experiences if you were to simply wait for the next better version to the end of times.

Back