Debating between G51JX-X3 and Qosmio X505-Q860

Retne

Limp Gawd
Well I find myself in need of a laptop that isn't based on a p3, so I started trundling around the net. My budget is somewhere around 1,000 and I've been lookin around for about a month now. I've narrowed it down to 2 sepperate laptops but unsure which to go with.

Qosmio X505-Q860: $950

G51JX-X3: $980

They are pretty much the same laptop except for the screens and warrenties. The warrenties are what is making me lean more towards the asus at the moment. If anyone has any experience with either the laptops or the companies themselves please share. Trying to get as much input before I pull the trigger and find myself sad.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My brother has last year's Asus G51Jx before they refreshed it for the i7 processors. Its awesome. One thing that urks me personally is that it doesn't have a dual-HD bay.

Okay I read through some other forums and apparently the G51JX has BSOD issues and when you get one that doesn't it overheats pretty easily. The Qosmio on the other hand has audio issues and a number of other problems which turn me off of it as well.

Now I'm looking at the MSI GX640 which is arguably a little better but for an extra $150 it better be. Not sure yet whether I want to spend the extra $150 of course I'm not done price hunting yet so we shall see.

Back