Death Stranding - New Kojima game

As much as I enjoy Kojima's LSD trips, I'd like to see some gameplay soon.

I still think this game is at least 2 years out and I am not hurrying or feel a burning desire for gameplay, but I am really hyped for this. The fact that those graphics are using the in-game engine with Decima is incredible.

I really love the feeling I got from this trailer. Has awesome sci-fi and horror elements to it. You know what I really love about this? Very few developers these days are pushing the boundaries and taking risks to create something outside the box and original, but this is by far some of the most original looking shit i've seen in a game for a while. Yes it all boils down to gameplay, but the music, the mood, atmosphere, themes, and feel all add up to what could be a great experience. I can't wait to see what more comes out of this.

If I had to guess we will likely see gameplay for this next year either during E3 or during the game awards and then a release date/quarter announcement likely in 2019. I also liked Norman Reedus on stage saying that "we're back together and nothing can stop us this time" which I couldn't be happier about even if I am still mourning Silent Hills.

Last edited:
I still think this game is at least 2 years out and I am not hurrying or feel a burning desire for gameplay, but I am really hyped for this. The fact that those graphics are using the in-game engine with Decima is incredible...

I don't think the game is that far away from release...I'm thinking late 2018 or early 2019

I don't think the game is that far away from release...I'm thinking late 2018 or early 2019

What I wrote under that was "If I had to guess we will likely see gameplay for this next year either during E3 or during the game awards and then a release date/quarter announcement likely in 2019."

What I wrote under that was "If I had to guess we will likely see gameplay for this next year either during E3 or during the game awards and then a release date/quarter announcement likely in 2019."

and I still believe that the game is coming out sooner...late 2018 or 1st quarter 2019

Kojima is a genius, and this trailer makes me really intrigued. It seems as though the protagonist and the monsters are on different planes of existence, and for the brief moment Reedus' character is thrown underwater, he is actually crossing over into the monster's dimension, and then back to dry land in 'our' dimension. It would explain the floating objects and characters when the monsters appear.

Regardless, I'm a huge fan of Kojima and I'm so glad he's out from under Konami's thumb.

new trailer looks good but I wasn't blown away...Kojima is the David Lynch of video games

New trailer from E3. Norman Reedus is walking hard. We also get a closer look at Lea Seydoux's character and new things to speculate about. Bonus: photogammetry the likes of which we've never seen before.

New trailer from E3. Norman Reedus is walking hard. We also get a closer look at Lea Seydoux's character and new things to speculate about. Bonus: photogammetry the likes of which we've never seen before.

very photorealistic looking game...

I just don't get this game at all lol.

Okay, so something fucked is going on. The rain now fast forwards time on stuff it touches. They apparently carry around clone babies that are invisible dead people detectors, and if they get fucked by them, rain fast forwards them and also the baby so the baby turns into an adult version of the person who just died. Basically, the clone babies are the mechanic when you die and respawn, essentially.

How fucking high is Kojima?

After every single teaser I just think, "what did I just watch..."

He's pretty much taking a fundamental component of gaming that we take for granted - respawning, and making it into a LSD inspired story driven game mechanic.

The part that I have no idea how to explain is how these other motherfuckers randomly show up during tense times in the trailer - appear from nowhere - then seemingly go nowhere.

He's pretty much taking a fundamental component of gaming that we take for granted - respawning, and making it into a LSD inspired story driven game mechanic.

The part that I have no idea how to explain is how these other motherfuckers randomly show up during tense times in the trailer - appear from nowhere - then seemingly go nowhere.
I preferred MGS5 where I could just blow stuff up and sic my dog on things. Maybe I'm just basic AF.

I've found all the trailers so far to be pretty damn intriguing, but then I'm a fan of survival-horror-supernatural stuff.

The CoD/Madden joe sixpack demographic might not be the target market here.

Last edited:
I have heard about this but never people calling it a game before :)
To be fair, this seems like an episodic computer animated series the way it's being presented. We haven't really seen anything to make a casual viewer think this is a video game without being explicitly told so.

So far the only thing I've seen that looks like gameplay is third-person carrying boxes over (albeit very beautiful) landscapes, and sneaking around a bit.

It seems that we're not going to know wtf this game is about or how it plays until it's actually released. But it's Kojima and Daryl, so I'll be buying it regardless, hah.

So like...the antagonists are humans, or pretending to be humans?

I'm even more confused than I was before, lol.

What in the world is this whole project anyway? Is it a game or just a huge cutscene. When is it coming out? It's starting to feel like Deep Down. By the time someone does anything with it it'll be time for the PS5.

What in the world is this whole project anyway? Is it a game or just a huge cutscene. When is it coming out? It's starting to feel like Deep Down. By the time someone does anything with it it'll be time for the PS5.
The game is still super early in development. Right now they are just showing off graphics and the actors. We probably won't see genuine game play for another year or two.

maybe it's a secret Metal Gear game in disguise...is Stranding even a word?...

This kinda sorta explains some things and compiles a lot of footage from the different sources. It's still tough to tell what the actual game is going to be like, but I have a better feel for the universe now.

I have a feeling we're not going to have any idea what this game is about until it's we're physically playing it.
I hope it stays that way... people are too often spoiled by spoilers... and we don't need any more pre-order craze... although in this case I doubt anything will prevent that

Death Stranding - Official TGS 2018 Trailer

I watched this yesterday, and like everyone else, was impressed and even more confused since the last trailer. The voice work is phenomenal though, really digging it.

Found the Japanese dub, and I have to say I may be torn on which I like more now:

maybe it's a secret Metal Gear game in disguise...is Stranding even a word?...
Yes.

"drive or leave (a boat, sailor, or sea creature) aground on a shore.

Strand, Stranded, Stranding. All the same thing.

It's often used as a term for whales stranded on the beach after the tide goes out. I think they call them "live strandings".

Maybe this game is live people who are stranded in a world of the dead? Something like that.

rumor: Release windows for Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima will be revealed during this year’s edition of The Game Awards next month...most likely new trailers as well

Back