Death Stranding (first title from Kojima Productions)

Domingo

Fully [H]
Here's a PSA for everyone at or around Chapter 11. That's when the ending sequences begin.
The ending is LONG. There are at least a few sequences you have to play out, too. That's all fine and good, but make sure you have at least 2 hours on your hands. Otherwise you're going to have to sit through long sections again if you have to bail. You can skip the movie sequences, but you can't leave anything where you're controlling anyone. Otherwise you have to play them out entirely again.
For what it's worth, this game has more false endings than Lord of the Rings 3, too.

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Yeah, I thought it was ending, but it dragged on and on. I don't mind long cutscenes or ending parts, but this thing seemed like it was right at the end, and then there would be another long cut scene, with some gameplay and credits, then more cut scenes, more gameplay, ect.

Kind of annoying.

IdiotInCharge

NVIDIA SHILL
The truck can jump a short ravine, right?

Right?

20200830113449_1.jpg

Domingo

Fully [H]
You have to use pretty strict timing, but you can jump over lots of obstacles on a bike. Ravines and streams included. The key is to hit the button pretty early. If you're trying to climb a mountain on a bike, don't be afraid to mash jump like a madman while hitting the turbo thruster. Your gear won't fall off or take damage from hammering a small barrier and trying to get over it.

IdiotInCharge

NVIDIA SHILL
You have to use pretty strict timing, but you can jump over lots of obstacles on a bike. Ravines and streams included. The key is to hit the button pretty early. If you're trying to climb a mountain on a bike, don't be afraid to mash jump like a madman while hitting the turbo thruster. Your gear won't fall off or take damage from hammering a small barrier and trying to get over it.
Bike sure... Truck, not so much 😅

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
I had it get stuck once, got clipped into the 3D model of a rock, so a bug. Happened one more time after I finished the campaign, 60+ hours in. You're jumping right? I gets me unstuck most of the time and sometimes necessary to climb up certain mountain paths.

IdiotInCharge

NVIDIA SHILL
I had it get stuck once, got clipped into the 3D model of a rock, so a bug. Happened one more time after I finished the campaign, 60+ hours in. You're jumping right? I gets me unstuck most of the time and sometimes necessary to climb up certain mountain paths.
WIth the truck, yeah. Sometimes that's how I got stuck, getting the truck in places where it probably shouldn't be. I think I've stuck three or four already. Sometimes it's just falling down a mountain wrong. Kind of wish there were some way to 'push' the truck out; even a grenade working would be nice.

That said, the truck basically driving the opposite direction, the rear wheels not turning, etc., does seem to be a bug.

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
WIth the truck, yeah. Sometimes that's how I got stuck, getting the truck in places where it probably shouldn't be. I think I've stuck three or four already. Sometimes it's just falling down a mountain wrong. Kind of wish there were some way to 'push' the truck out; even a grenade working would be nice.

That said, the truck basically driving the opposite direction, the rear wheels not turning, etc., does seem to be a bug.

Yeah I know where you are. I know there is a path around there but the terrian looked rough so I drove around. Might load it up and start driving around there again seeing if I can cross without getting stuck.

I just wish post game they'd let you fast travel with items. Just to screw around and try things. And maybe a mode to disable BTs just to drive/climb around everywhere.

Went along the route (unfinished road for me) to get to Mountain Knot city to see if there was anything fun at this depot I missed on the way there.

20200818211005_1.jpg

Heading back to the central distribution center for repairs.
20200818214959_1.jpg

Decided to visit the First Prepper's bunker, because I drove right past it the last time I was there. Was on a story mission.
20200818215054_1.jpg

Stopped for repairs, then drove on up the mountain.
20200818222714_1.jpg

Did get all the way up there.
20200818222741_1.jpg

Domingo

Fully [H]

Is that a known thing? I see other people talking about loving the trucks. I *HATED* them. Yet if their controls were bugged, I guess that would make some level of sense. The truck controls on an Xbox pad simply don't make sense and they don't work right.

IdiotInCharge

NVIDIA SHILL
Is that a known thing? I see other people talking about loving the trucks. I *HATED* them. Yet if their controls were bugged, I guess that would make some level of sense. The truck controls on an Xbox pad simply don't make sense and they don't work right.
This is with mouse and keyboard... and having the W key pressed with the wheel not turning. Or pressing A or D and having it not turn. Or pressing S and having it not stop...

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie

360 controller on my end, no issues that I could see save for the few times I got stuck.

Flybye

Limp Gawd
You start seeing interesting things when zooming in to certain areas with the screenshot mode.

DC931BDFA8344268BD50D89293D7779A4EC30AEE.jpg

phinix

Gawd
I just started this game for a first time on PC and found out that I cannot hear voices in game.
All sounds are there but no voices, I can see subtitles when they talk but no voices - did anyone had this issue?

vegeta535

Supreme [H]ardness
I just started this game for a first time on PC and found out that I cannot hear voices in game.
All sounds are there but no voices, I can see subtitles when they talk but no voices - did anyone had this issue?
Check your sound settings. If you using eARC to a receiver make sure it is set to passthrough. I had the issue also. When I changed it to passthrough on my c9 it worked fine.

phinix

Gawd
Check your sound settings. If you using eARC to a receiver make sure it is set to passthrough. I had the issue also. When I changed it to passthrough on my c9 it worked fine.

Things is I use normal audio out put on my mobo.
I can hear sounds, music etc - only voices are out.

Mchart

Supreme [H]ardness
Make sure your device type in windows is setup correctly. It could be that voices are center channel only, and if you don't actually have a center channel the audio is being output no where.

phinix

Gawd
Right, I found out that when I switch to other language, then it works. Just my language doesn't :(

phinix

Gawd
OK, so what do you guys think about this game overall?
Is it worth buying?
I got a quick play of it at friend's house and now I want to buy for myself. I can get it for $17 on Epic store.
I've read lots of player's review saying its an amazing game experience.

vegeta535

Supreme [H]ardness
OK, so what do you guys think about this game overall?
Is it worth buying?
I got a quick play of it at friend's house and now I want to buy for myself. I can get it for $17 on Epic store.
I've read lots of player's review saying its an amazing game experience.
It is a hard question to ask. Some love it some hate it. It is a slog early to mid game go get through but has a really interesting story. Lots of people bail early on cause nothing interesting happens and goes on for a long time. I say for $17 go for it. It is a amazing experience if you have the patience to get there.

Domingo

Fully [H]
If you have a system that can run it well, it's at least a pretty beautiful game. I didn't love the beginning or the end all that much, but the middle was enjoyable. For $17, it's at least a hell of a tech demo with primo actors involved.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Death Stranding and Metal Gear composer leaves Kojima Productions

Composer Ludvig Forssell has announced that he's leaving his position as audio director at Kojima Productions...Forssell, who composed the soundtracks for Death Stranding, Metal Gear Solid V, and PT (R.I.P) tweeted that he was leaving the studio after 10 years of working with Hideo Kojima in order to pursue freelance opportunities...

https://twitter.com/Ludvig_Forssell/status/1377093367327195138

CrimsonKnight13

Lord Stabington of [H]ard|Fortress
Death Stranding and Metal Gear composer leaves Kojima Productions

Composer Ludvig Forssell has announced that he's leaving his position as audio director at Kojima Productions...Forssell, who composed the soundtracks for our 2020 GOTY Death Stranding, Metal Gear Solid V, and PT (R.I.P) tweeted that he was leaving the studio after 10 years of working with Hideo Kojima in order to pursue freelance opportunities...

https://twitter.com/Ludvig_Forssell/status/1377093367327195138
Ouch... 😣 The music is great in Death Stranding.