Dear Nvidia - Re: 980 ti

Elf_Boy

2[H]4U
As the snow starts in my area I have found -to my mild disappointment- one aspect of my 980 ti is starting to disappointment.

Unlike the 280, 580, 680 once mighty and happy GPU's preceding this new warrior of mine. My new soldier is falling short in one key area.

All three preceding cards could keep the bedroom my computer is in warm in the winter.

My 980 ti just cant keep up.

This is progress, no?

Do I need to load up Skyrim with 600 mods and leave it running now?

Triple SLI will solve that problem. I'm sure you can find 2 more for sale around here.

My r9 Fury nitro is roasting my chestnuts, my computer is under my desk :playful:.

Buy 1 or 2 more cards and overclock them to their limit. That'll get your room nice and toasty. Maybe even do a full watercooling loop and make sure all the rad fans are on exhaust so the heat that it's dissipating all goes into your room nice and quick.

My 980Ti produces way more heat then when I had a single 680 but less then when I had 2.

That said, I have started Folding again on my 2600k/7970 box in my bedroom. Works perfect

hmm funny my 390X never gets above 70C

Why is that funny? Your temperature and power efficiency isn't one in the same. You can have a grossly inefficient GPU with a decent cooler and you'll have good temps all day because the heat is being quickly dissipated.

You just need more gpus.

radeon_city.jpg

Last edited:
MOAR GPUS!

Elf, you OC it yet? Bios Mod? get that thing heated up!

Well, my volts are at 1.274 and only hits 66C @ 1477MHz :D

Throw a NVidia stock cooler on it. It will toast your nuts just fine!
My 2 1080s produce less heat than a single 980 Ti Classified.

I live in mid west michigan. Have not turned my heat on yet... see sig :)

get another, i got mine in the fs/ft for 300 shipped

My oced 780 and oced 8320e still isnt enough to keep me warm... and I live in california...

Set up a tent in your room, install PC and yourself inside.
Turn heating off.
Mmmm toasty.

Use peltiers to cool your rig to sub zero. It adds an additional three watts for every watt of heat moved.

Maybe the new DX 11 x64 client for Path of Exile has some hope.... the old client rarely even turns my fan on.

Back