Deals on cyber monday / black friday?

Circumnavigate

Limp Gawd
Hey I am building a new system and was wondering if you guys think it would be worth waiting for black friday / cyber monday to get parts on a discount? Do retailers like newegg even offer any deals worth waiting for?

Mainly looking to grab a bunch of Ram and Sarbent nVME and maybe a computer case.

If it's anything like last year with covid and all the madness you will see the deals spread starting in November.

No, it's hasn't been a good idea to wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday for anything, at least not since 2010. Much consumer reports/watchdogs research here has shown you get better deals at other times of the year. Black Friday/Cyber Monday is solely an advertising gimmick to get people in the door (physical or virtual) at this point and move merchandise (at normal or higher prices that are obfuscated by pricing and sale tactics).

As an anecdote, ever single year my wife wants to wait until Black Friday to buy electronics, appliances etc. And every gosh-darned year I have to show her how the thing being sold on Black Friday is actually more expensive (or lower quality, less perks/rewards) than it was throughout the rest of the year. She's an absolute math whiz, a veritable human calculator, but she still falls for it. The desire to "get something for less" is very strong and convolutes reason -- market professionals know this.

No, it's hasn't been a good idea to wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday for anything, at least not since 2010. Much consumer reports/watchdogs research here has shown you get better deals at other times of the year. Black Friday/Cyber Monday is solely an advertising gimmick to get people in the door (physical or virtual) at this point and move merchandise (at normal or higher prices that are obfuscated by pricing and sale tactics).

As an anecdote, ever single year my wife wants to wait until Black Friday to buy electronics, appliances etc. And every gosh-darned year I have to show her how the thing being sold on Black Friday is actually more expensive (or lower quality, less perks/rewards) than it was throughout the rest of the year. She's an absolute math whiz, a veritable human calculator, but she still falls for it. The desire to "get something for less" is very strong and convolutes reason -- market professionals know this.
I dunno man. You're right, retail stores have been weak for some time now. But online I've always had good luck on BF. I'm into audio gear and Japanese knives and every year there are very good deals. Screw going out and standing in line at the mall though. Those were the good ole days.

Hey I am building a new system and was wondering if you guys think it would be worth waiting for black friday / cyber monday to get parts on a discount? Do retailers like newegg even offer any deals worth waiting for?

Mainly looking to grab a bunch of Ram and Sarbent nVME and maybe a computer case.

Don't expect much on the deals. It sounds like there's not going to be enough of everything to go around this year.

Every forum you read keeps telling people to just wait for Black Friday. Just based on this alone I expect BF to be a cluster*uck of epic proportions. If you see what you want at a price you can live with get it while you can. A lot of these BF people are going to get screwed like the 3080 people.

Every forum you read keeps telling people to just wait for Black Friday. Just based on this alone I expect BF to be a cluster*uck of epic proportions. If you see what you want at a price you can live with get it while you can. A lot of these BF people are going to get screwed like the 3080 people.
Yep. Just wait until early next year, 3080s will be reasonable then…

I'm not sure prices will ever return to normal. There's no guarantee of that. I just want a new card at msrp and i'm willing to wait in my EVGA que.

I'm not sure prices will ever return to normal. There's no guarantee of that. I just want a new card at msrp and i'm willing to wait in my EVGA que.
Depends on how you define normal. Now that consumers have exposed their hand, why would anyone sell for less than current? I can't see any good reason to charge less until people show they are unwilling to pay it, and I'm not sure we've even hit the ceiling on that.

Back