Deals on Core2Duo and Core2Quad processors?

EbolaBunny

[H]ard|Gawd
With deals popping up for pretty much everything else in the system, has anybody been watching deals for processors? I've been keeping my eye out for a nice deal on an e8400, but have yet to see a steal.

I figured there should be SOMETHING. I've found fantastic deals on the rest of the system: P182 Case, 8800GT video card, Abit IP35 Pro motherboard, Corsair HX620 PSU, multiple disk drives, 8gb of Patriot DDR2, etc.

I'm sure there are others building very similar systems with the deals that we've seen lately. Have you seen anything concerning e8400s or q6600s? If so, post here!

Why would there be a deal on a just-released, heavily demanded processor? :confused:

Micro¢enter had them for $199, but that's the cheapest I've seen.

Try to add that microcenter e8400 to your shopping card... it tells me the page is not longer available. Or I would purchase it right now.

Try to add that microcenter e8400 to your shopping card... it tells me the page is not longer available. Or I would purchase it right now.

I would have purchased it 2 or 3 days ago. I"m not sure it was ever available online. If I can buy it in Dallas this weekend, I may pick it up....Tax will be much more than shipping, but I want to build another machine for some reason.

For roughly 200 with tax, I'll probably bite. But much more than that, and I'll just wait.

Probably have cheaper and faster CPUs in the near future.

Lol there's only one stepping at this point. I'd be more worried about batch and pack date to be more specific. And if you have a Microcenter near you, I'd buy it there. It's been $189.99 forever...

Lol there's only one stepping at this point. I'd be more worried about batch and pack date to be more specific. And if you have a Microcenter near you, I'd buy it there. It's been $189.99 forever...

The problem is that most (probably all) microcenters are sold out. I was there this weekend and they had none...also the in store price is now 199.99

Back