Deal? Titanfall $14.99 via Origin

pbassjunk

Limp Gawd
Game any good? It's primarily a fps multiplayer right? I've been strictly a SP type for at least a decade (got my group gibs out back in Quakeworld, Q2 and Q3, good times), but I'm jonesing for some socialness again.

Worth it?

For $14.99, I'd say it's worth it. The new frontier defense mode adds a fun new way to play as well.

It's not primarily multiplayer. It's exclusively multiplayer.

Put it on Steam, then it's a deal. I won't even touch Origin with a 10 foot pole.

Yes, great game. I originally bought two copies at full price for me and my kids to play together.

$15 is a great deal depending on how populated the PC servers are still...Titanfall over Advanced Warfare :D

I got Titanfall when it was $60 and got a decent amount of entertainment. I haven't played it alot in the past few months. But at $15 I think its well worth it. I have been primarily single player for the last 10 years or so. The last time I played an FPS game online previous was Q2, Q3A, and UT.

YES. It's worth it.

If you haven't played the style alone will have you hooked for a good while :)

It feels unfinished in-terms of weapon build-out, esp. after BF4 and BF3 customizations galore. I also could care-less about challenges, xp, insignias, etc... some people just want to play to relax and have fun, that's me! I haven't played anything COD in a while, so can't compare to the newer ones of that.

I only play online.

Keep in mind you are going to want the expansion which cost more, I think I paid $39 or something for both during a sale.

The Digital Deluxe edition includes 9 new levels. $32.

I'm also tempted by the 30% off on Battlefield 4. But my HD6950 is already feeling a little weak chunking through Battlefield 3, I'm only level ~30 there meaning there's a ton to unlock, and so I suspect skipping a version and waiting for whatevers next on the Battlefield is probably the way to go.

I am tempted. Does anyone know the state of the community? Is it dead/dying? Is this game good enough to be popular in three years?
Thanks

Seen the retail game at Walmart for $19.. been years since I bought a retail box lol

I am tempted. Does anyone know the state of the community? Is it dead/dying? Is this game good enough to be popular in three years?
Thanks

It has between 2-3000 players generally. On the weekend, I saw it at about 4000. The server modes now have a player count by them.

For $15, I would say it's a good person if you like FPS games.

Sidenote, frontier defense is fun as all hell. It's coop tower defense against bots.

It has between 2-3000 players generally. On the weekend, I saw it at about 4000. The server modes now have a player count by them.

For $15, I would say it's a good person if you like FPS games.

Sidenote, frontier defense is fun as all hell. It's coop tower defense against bots.

Thanks for the reply. I've watched some streams on Twich and it looks like it could be fun, but I'm concerned there won't be anyone to play with in 6 months. Is there much modding going on, custom maps and whatnot?

That's handy.. Origin just offered me a free 48hr preview (their Steam Free Weekend equivalent I'm guessing). 56GB download though.. good lord.

They may aswell just go ahead and make it F2P, nobody plays this garbage anymore... It was fun the first month after release, and then it just died, HARD.

Gosh, we made it all the way to message #5 in the thread before somebody bitched about Origin. New record!

Yep, kinda silly. I've bought a ton off Origin and have had no problems. Even took them up on a refund once and it was quick and painless. Say what you will about EA but Origin is just fine and as good as Steam.

As for the game is this worth it for somebody that just wants single player? Is it a campaign worth a damn or is it like Medal of Honor or Battlefield where you have a weak sauce 2 hour game?

As for the game is this worth it for somebody that just wants single player?

There is no single player in Titanfall.

With how many times this has been asked/misrepresented in this thread alone I'm wondering how many people bought it for nonexistent single player.

They may aswell just go ahead and make it F2P, nobody plays this garbage anymore... It was fun the first month after release, and then it just died, HARD.

I'm not quite sure why people keep saying that it is dead. It is alive and kicking. It doesn't have as many people playing as Battlefield, but it is still very easy to get a game. Must just not be good at the game.

As for the game is this worth it for somebody that just wants single player? Is it a campaign worth a damn or is it like Medal of Honor or Battlefield where you have a weak sauce 2 hour game?

Probably not, the "single player" campaign is played with and against other players.

Yep, kinda silly. I've bought a ton off Origin and have had no problems. Even took them up on a refund once and it was quick and painless. Say what you will about EA but Origin is just fine and as good as Steam.

You did not just say Origin is as good as Steam! Oh no you did not!

From what I've heard this is about what it's worth, but I can't afford it right now :(

I actually like origin better than steam because origin doesn't have crappy games like steam does, 95% of their games are horrible and they never have any good games on sale, its always Indy games. steam games are actually cheaper on amazon.

There is no single player in Titanfall.

With how many times this has been asked/misrepresented in this thread alone I'm wondering how many people bought it for nonexistent single player.

I've got a couple guys at work that are gamers that play this multiplayer and they swore to me it had a single player. I'll make sure to slap them next time I see them. Glad I asked cause I was about to throw $15 down the drain.

origin doesn't have crappy games like steam does, 95% of their games are horrible and they never have any good games on sale, its always Indy games

Steam has all types of games on sale throughout the year but for big time AAA sales you need to wait for the Summer/Winter sales

TitanFall's new horde defense mode had almost 1,100 people playing it around 7:00 pm EST. You can see how many are playing in your region for each game mode now.

The real question to these games is how much do I need to spend on expansion packs to make the game enjoyable. I bought BF4 when it came out and got the first expansion pack free but I sure have to say, only 2 or 3 of the base game maps are any good. I will buy premium when it hits $15 or less. If that happens...

I've got a couple guys at work that are gamers that play this multiplayer and they swore to me it had a single player. I'll make sure to slap them next time I see them. Glad I asked cause I was about to throw $15 down the drain.

It has a "campaign" but no single player. I guess you're coworkers were misinmformed.

And you don't play multiplayer? Why?

And you don't play multiplayer? Why?

I work 2 jobs and have a kid so my game time is sporadic at best. That makes it hard to get into a multi-player game because I have to step away often and sometimes quit for the day unexpectedly and so on.

Also I've never cared that much for multi-player really. I prefer games that are more like interactive movies like the Batman, Dead Space and Mass Effect type games. Single player has just always been more fun to me. And you don't have to deal with all the little bitches you find when playing online a lot of times. Maybe things have changed. I haven't played MP since Left 4 Dead 2 so maybe it's different now.

Yeah just scored it from Amazon... hate EA/Origin but cheap enough for PC fun.

Back