dead Zotac 8800gts(g92) 512mb?

Toonie

Limp Gawd
seems like my zotac card bight the dust....scenario: woke up sunday morning, turn on my matx rig, no display signal... but i can see hd light blinking then hear windows startup, case fan was spinning at full speed, turn off computer, turn on, same thing, take out vid card, plug to onboard vid, turn on, works fine, loaded to windows fine everything.

anyone know if Zotac do replacements? haven't register this card ever since i bought it 2 months ago.....

bought an eVGA GTX260 Superclocked to replace it but i was wondering if i can get the Zotac card to work again?

You only have a certain amount of time to register the Zotac card but it doesn't have a lifetime warranty so they should replace it.

From the ZOTAC site:

http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=163&Itemid=295

Please email the following information to register your Zotac product, you receive many benefits, including product, technical support, product promotions, newsletters, and special member product discounts.
In addition your product warranty increases from the standard 2 year warranty to our advanced lifetime warranty.

So you have a 2 year warranty, but could get a lifetime guarantee. Dunno the time frame on registration though.

seems like my zotac card bight the dust....scenario: woke up sunday morning, turn on my matx rig, no display signal... but i can see hd light blinking then hear windows startup, case fan was spinning at full speed, turn off computer, turn on, same thing, take out vid card, plug to onboard vid, turn on, works fine, loaded to windows fine everything.

anyone know if Zotac do replacements? haven't register this card ever since i bought it 2 months ago.....

bought an eVGA GTX260 Superclocked to replace it but i was wondering if i can get the Zotac card to work again?

they will replace it. I think the warranty is just less if you don't register. I have delt with them and they seem to be a very good company.

Um..what?:confused:

Um..doh..I completely hacked that up. What I meant to say was that if you register it you get a lifetime warranty but if you don't register it then it is only warrantied for a certain length of time..I have got to learn to proof read.

just got a reply back from their support email, hopefully i can get a replacement :(

Back