[DEAD]Steam 2020 Winter sale is here! runs from December 22 to January 5th 2021 10 AM PST

Sickb0y

2[H]4U
Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls, nerds, geeks, and the rest of you dateless wonders. The 2020 Steam winter sale is here!! The sale runs from December 22 to January 5, 2021 10 AM PST

if you guys see any deals worth mentioning let me know and ill add them to the main thread.

Fun links to help you out

IsThereAnyDeal track pricing information such as bundle trackers, coupon listings, price history, but also comes in handy when you're looking to see if the price you're getting on Steam can be had cheaper elsewhere.
steamdb.com helps you track deals and hidden games and packages.

Last edited:
These just are literally just overwhelming, both on the brain and the wallet.
I just got back into PC gaming, having had only a PS3 and PS4 (where games rarely if ever gon sale and frequently stay at or near MSRP for the longest time) since 2010 or so. I got bought a high-end system that cost a pretty penny and is going to put me in financial stress for the short term. Totally worth it, but anyway, point is, these tempting and awesome PC sales are too much! I should have bought the PC long before sales/Holidays started, to give my wallet a chance to rest, lol

Things I want are too high for me. The ArmA 3 DLC I wanted is $14, which is cheaper than it was before I believe. But I just want the new map really, couldn't care for the campaign. Considering how old it is, $14 for a map seems high but I might get it anyways.

DCS F-16 too much. Paid $40 for DCS F-18 last year, its $56 now along with F-16. So worse prices from a year ago.
Flight Simulator is still full price.

Some good deals though. If you wanted to play MGSV, it is on sale for $5 and Ground Zeroes is $2.

Can't recommend Deep Rock Galactic enough! Been playing two months after it went early access in Feb 18'. Awesome developers that keep to their roadmap and probably the best slower 4 player co-op game ever made; fast 4 player co-op is a tie between Vermintide 1&2

Thanks OP.

ps FYI your Linux to the Steam page is broken

thanks fix it!
lmao, I meant to say link.. not Linux. Been researching Linux the past few days so I guess that was on my mind when I wrote that! Surprised you understood what I meant!

Doom at twenty bucks is finally tempting

It's on my christmas list, so if I don't get it, I have plenty of time to fix it.

I sure miss the Steam flash sales format. That is when you truly could find a bargain. The discounts now are lame.

I've got an offer I can't refuse.

"Buy this bundle to save 0% off all 2 items!"

Otherwise it's the same as every other sale since they killed daily deals and flash sales. LAME. 40% off the price of steam's already 20% inflated prices is just not very tempting.

Buying Rebel Galaxy Outlaw for $15 bucks. That's all this year.

I can also recommend Deep Rock Galactic. I picked it up late last year for my co-op crew and we put in a couple of hundred hours playing together. I'm waiting for the new biomes to drop and perhaps new weapons to pull everyone back in for a spell.

I sure miss the Steam flash sales format. That is when you truly could find a bargain. The discounts now are lame.

I dunno. I've been thinking about this for a while and I really don't think the deals now are any worse than they were then. Flash deals gave the impression a better deal and they triggered your FOMO response, but that's really about it. The thing with then vs now is down to sheer scale. There is a much larger range of discounts now and many thousands of more products to dig through. The way Steam handles featured deals has changed as well. Now that everything is a set price throughout a sale, they don't have any real incentive to highlight those lesser known titles. A lot of those games still get larger discounts, but they're much harder to find since they're buried under the deluge of AAA release.

There are some fantastic deals as always, and more than any other store/platform (with the possible exception of Itch, which only serves the indie community) I generally feel that supporting Steam is the way to do the most good for the community in terms of policy, user-focus and openess. There are a lot of "meh" store/platforms, but there are also some that no matter their deals I don't patronize as they do more harm to open, Linux-friendly, good value PC gaming in the long run.

During large Steam sales, this is a time to check out your wishlist , especially for titles that are ONLY available via the Steam store directly and/or DLC for titles you have. There are many games that are not likely available by (legit) keysellers and this is the time to pick them up at discount! For instance, all of the recent IntiCreates titles are rarely available via legit keysellers, nor are the "SCP-Horror-style-Management" games by TypeMoon. Check a title against IsThereAnyDeal - if you don't get any other entries to buy it, its likely (but not guaranteed) to be on Steam alone and these big sales are the only chance to get ahold of discounts upon them.

Alyx and Red Dead Redemption 2 hardly on sale...... What games are you guys actually buying that makes this a great sale?

I find the EGS sales with unlimited $10 coupons generally better. Picked up Metro E for $5.99 and BL3 for $9.79 and AC Odyssey Gold for $14.99

Me too, /dev/null. I got exodus ($6), bl3 ($10), and star wars fallen order ($14). Seriously good deals. Might pick up immortals fenyx rising too... Just came out so it would be $30 after coupon ($60 msrp). Already got assassin's creed odyssey on a previous sale there.

So I picked up Rebel Galaxy Outlaw for $14.99

And its freaken awesome! I loved playing Freelancer & Tachyon the Fringe, its just like those games. Great buy if you're looking for a spiritual successor to Freelancer or a Privateer or Tachyon & Star Lancer type spacer.

Its got some cool cut scenes too that remind me of the old 1980's Heavy Metal movie and Heavy Metal 2000. (y)

Last edited:
Picked up Dead Effect 2 for $2.39 which had been on my WishList for some time. Couple others was interested in but that is enough for now. Not into collecting titles just because. Haven't even gotten around to playing Doom Eternal yet.

Alyx and Red Dead Redemption 2 hardly on sale...... What games are you guys actually buying that makes this a great sale?

Not sure about Alyx (I got my copy with my Index, so I havent' tracked sale prices), but check out RDR2 on something like Humble or GreenManGaming. On GMG its currently around $30-35 depending on your "status" with them. There may be other discounts.

Not sure about Alyx (I got my copy with my Index, so I havent' tracked sale prices), but check out RDR2 on something like Humble or GreenManGaming. On GMG its currently around $30-35 depending on your "status" with them. There may be other discounts.
Epic games store has it at $30 for everyone as noted above :).

Yeah but they don't have a very big catalog and they're missing several big games.
They have most of the good stuff. For the rest, steam does still exist. Epic is curated so it isn't spammed with garbage like steam.

They have most of the good stuff. For the rest, steam does still exist. Epic is curated so it isn't spammed with garbage like steam.
Yeah steam can be annoying sometimes going through all the garbage. I sure wish they had Doom Eternal on epic store as I sure as hell would get that.

Yeah but they don't have a very big catalog and they're missing several big games.
It's true... I just get games where they are the cheapest and enjoy them. I run pretty much everything through GOG Galaxy these days, it's nice having all your games in one place.

Back