Dead Space

Etherton

Will Bang for Poof
Looks like its currently $20 on Steam. Worth it? I originally skipped this one for some reason...

If you're not in a hurry to play it, I'm sure it'll be $5 again during a Thanksgiving/Xmas/New Year sale here during the next seven weeks...

Just make sure if you play on something other than medium then you LOAD rather than CONTINUE, otherwise youll be playing on medium anyway.

But its worth getting!

Well, it was $10 a couple weeks ago (I picked it up then), so like Jellylesg said, if you can wait it'll probably go on sale again sometime soon. Most people seem to like it. I haven't played more than a couple minutes of it myself, so I can't really give you an honest assessment. It did however make me feel sick both times I have played it though. I'm hoping it was just a fluke since I've never had a game make me sick before. My only other complaint is that it's so, um, brown lol. Everything is brown. The ship is brown, the suits are brown, the enemies are brown, I was half surprised to find out the weapons fire wasn't brown :) . I know what they were going for (old and rusted), but it seemed like a bit much. Like I said though, I haven't gotten far, so that may change.

Some people loved this title, but a few others, like myself, had a difficult time getting into it. I still can't say why this title didn't work for me. For that price, I would risk it, especially if you want to play something now. Maybe you'll fall into the I-love-it camp.

If the price routinely falls +/- $10 I'll wait it out. I just watched a few trailers and it looks a lil different than my usual FPS(s).

Its pretty long as well if thats a factor. I beat Resident evil 5 in about 5 hours where as Dead space took me 20+ hours. Youll get your moneys worth campaign length wise.

I think I paid $10 but depending on your budget its about a $20 value.

Wait for Dead Space 2 to emerge. Knowing Steam, there'll probably be some pre-order bonus (being that, you can get DS1 for free for just simply pre-ordering).

I really enjoyed this game and it's definitely worth $20 in my book, but $10 is even better which is what I picked it up for. It'll likely be $10 again between now and Jan. 1 but if you must have a sci-fi horror game to play now, go for it.

It's definitely worth $20 if you want an atmospheric but clunky 3rd person action survival horror game. I really enjoyed it, but I got it used for $12 on eBay like a year ago. I've seen it go for as cheap as $10 on g0g4mer.com and Steam.

IMO, wait for the Steam holiday sale. It should be $10 then.

I'd be surprised not to see this selling for five dollars during the Steam Christmas sale, assuming there will be one.

It's a meh 3rd person shooter with obvious horror\action pacing sections cuts, non existent story and I didn't fined it scary or fun as an action game, didn't want to touch it after the first playthrough

I'd be surprised not to see this selling for five dollars during the Steam Christmas sale, assuming there will be one.
That's entirely possible, but even it's not, the "normal" sale price of $10 is still pretty good. That's what I paid last year for it and it's totally worth the money.

I'd expect it to hit $10 on the black friday sales and/or the Christmas sales.

Took a bit of time to warm up to this game, but liked it in the end.

I liked dead space; found it to be much better than dark amnesia (though i guess they are not exactly the same type of game; but I found it to be a lot creepier). I never did like the controls much (there was a post somewhere by the developers that they actually goofed on the controls; but sadly they never bothered with a patch). Anyways what I found is after the first play through the game was very predictable so I could not get into it for a second play through; still it was a blast the first time around definitely a 9+ (for me); I would put amnesia: dark descent around a 7-.
-

I got it for only $9.99 last Xmas at Steam. Think that's all it was anyway. I like the game but the 3rd person view I find clumsy and is the only complaint I have with it. They should have offered both 3rd person and 1st person views.

I tried it on PC and PS3, and it just felt alot more natural on a controller in my living room vs a mouse a few inches in front of my monitor.

I played both the 360 and PC version. Graphical upgrades on the PC did nothing for me, because the sensation and experience of playing on my 360, in my living room, at night, in the dark, with 5.1 was >>>>>> more pixels and mouse support.

I cannot wait for DS2.

I liked Dead Space. Was not that hard to complete. Although it did start to get a little repetitive.

Looking forward to DS2.

Some people loved this title, but a few others, like myself, had a difficult time getting into it. I still can't say why this title didn't work for me. For that price, I would risk it, especially if you want to play something now. Maybe you'll fall into the I-love-it camp.

I loved it. It was like resident evil in space.

I'd wait for it to drop a bit TBH. The controls took me FOREVER to get used to. Wish there was a patch to fix the stupid over the shoulder cam that seems to block out one side of the screen.

Haaa... Just finished it last night, great game, pretty damn intense at times. I'd wait for a better deal, you waited this long.

I thought this game was great, even at full retail price. I played it originally on the xbox360, then picked it up again on the pc...controls with mouse and keyboard are major fail.

Great game though, lots of fun. The lore of the game is pretty rad too if you ask me.

I've tried a few times to play through this on pc, never made it much past the first hour. just gives me a headache and makes me sick, can't stand being in the game for more than 20 mins.

people that think the game feels more "right" sitting far away from a tv with a controller, no shit that's because they never bothered to adjust the fov or sensitivity thresholds. the vertical axis still has a deadzone, with no way to get rid of it for fucks sake. so the mouse controls suck balls, and it feels like you're riding piggyback all game, not as the character himself.

also the ragdolls in this game, got to be the worst halfassed physics I've ever seen. normally I don't care much about this kind of thing, but here it really detracts from the experience, even though the premise is good and the mechanics are solid. I wouldn't bother with it for pc, unless you got an htpc setup and you don't mind controllers, but personally I refuse to play any shooter with thumbsticks.

Back