Dead Space remake (2023)

Oh good grief. How many times did I go over the known issues with the game and explain how to fix them? All he did was provide useless vagueness and never even explained a damn thing or real specific issue. All he ended up mentioning was the controller and even then never went into any detail even when pressed. Another user mentioned controller dead zone which is not even a specific issue for the game considering literally only a few results even come back from a google search on that exact issue and you could get that searching for any random game.

I'll ask again... Why do you care? Does his poor experience somehow worsen your own?

It's an old game. Old games sometimes have issues. There are more than three of them. Why can't you just accept that instead of pushing this bewildering "the game only has three issues for everyone, everywhere" narrative?

Calisto definitely looks cool/edgy, although the trailers are unclear what type of game it'll actually be.

Calisto definitely looks cool/edgy, although the trailers are unclear what type of game it'll actually be.

I'm guessing third person just like Dead Space.
All I know is it's on a prison on Callisto, and the last prison horror game I played was really fun, that was The Suffering, and is one of my favorites.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I'll ask again... Why do you care? Does his poor experience somehow worsen your own?

It's an old game. Old games sometimes have issues. There are more than three of them. Why can't you just accept that instead of pushing this bewildering "the game only has three issues for everyone, everywhere" narrative?
And I'll ask you why do you care so much to keep posting useless comments? You clearly don't want to do anything except cause a problem because I already answered your question. He was asked on multiple occasions what issues he was even referring to but would not even say. It was clear he had no idea what the hell he was even talking about. Anyway I'm done here cuz nothing else can be said so knock yourself out with the last comment if you want.

And I'll ask you why do you care so much to keep posting useless comments? You clearly don't want to do anything except cause a problem because I already answered your goddamn question. He was asked on multiple occasions what issues he was even referring to but would not even say. It was clear he had no idea what the fuck he was even talking about. Anyway I'm done here cuz nothing else can be said so knock yourself out with the last comment if you want to.

Dead Space: The Classic Original Revisited on Q6600/8800 GT PC! (and Xbox 360 too)

If you get past the low texture and model detail this game still looks amazing. After this era game developers seem to spend less and less time on the finer details that make their world come alive, and it can frankly be quite jarring jumping between a current game and one like this. Shaders and textures may be prettier, but the level of immersion is simply disappearing despite the large advances in technology.

If you get past the low texture and model detail this game still looks amazing. After this era game developers seem to spend less and less time on the finer details that make their world come alive, and it can frankly be quite jarring jumping between a current game and one like this. Shaders and textures may be prettier, but the level of immersion is simply disappearing despite the large advances in technology.

It's going to get worse. Money and time for a project is finite. This means the fancier the graphics tech is the less that can be spent on anything else. Also, given the cost of all this, it means the game has to be dumbed down and appeal to the lowest common demnominator and the monetized over and over and over.

Gaming has sort of hit the point where film did where the golden age is over.

It's going to get worse. Money and time for a project is finite. This means the fancier the graphics tech is the less that can be spent on anything else. Also, given the cost of all this, it means the game has to be dumbed down and appeal to the lowest common demnominator and the monetized over and over and over.

Gaming has sort of hit the point where film did where the golden age is over.

I don't think the golden age is over, but I do agree that the big budget games are being made to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Most of them, anyways.
Take the Far Cry series for example, 1 had amazing graphics at the time and the gameplay was fun (even the final act to me, it got super difficult but was still fun.) 2 had a gameplay improvements and set the formula for the next few games, and graphically it was better. 3 & 4 were graphically better each time, and they kept the fun gameplay, then Primal came out, and stripped back a lot of the gun play and changed it up, and that is honestly my favorite in the series.

Then 5 came out, and they went too big. The graphics were good, sure, the gameplay also fun, but, they added too much and sacrificed some of the realism. I could park a car, or plane, and then hunt an animal, get quite a distance from the vehicle, and when I return to where I parked the vehicle, it's gone. Also, the animations sucked, and the physics got downgraded a ton. I'm worried that 6 will be the same, they're spending their budget on actors and graphics at the sacrifice of in game realism.

Then on the flipside, you have The Last of Us part 2, which was phenomenal all around. It has amazing graphics and great gameplay, and does not have anything that breaks the in game realism. Same with all of the Uncharted games.

I re-played the first one on PC not too long ago and it suffers mainly from the bad PC port era. The controls aren't good, the FOV is low, and poor AA/60fps cap. Really if they fix those issues with updated graphics and kept it largely the same it would be great.

I re-played the first one on PC not too long ago and it suffers mainly from the bad PC port era. The controls aren't good, the FOV is low, and poor AA/60fps cap. Really if they fix those issues with updated graphics and kept it largely the same it would be great.
Bingo. I played through it... 3-4 years ago? It was good, but there were things that made it less effective than it could have been due to the poor quality of the port (which was true for every one of them back then. I've heard 2/3 were better, but never quite got around to them. The game was good enough to make up for the poor quality of the port, but 5 years further on?

It's like trying to play the original resident evil now. I just can't do it - even though it's a great game, the control style/etc don't hold up any more due to the fact that we learned and got better after 25 years.

Also, holy shit - I just realized that Resident Evil is 25 years old.

Gunner Wright, who voiced protagonist Isaac Clarke in the original, will reprise the character again in the remake...in a Livestream earlier today EA Motive also demonstrated the “cut off their limbs” feature that’s long been a hallmark of the series (Early Pre-Production Development build)...

Last edited:
Looks pretty good to me. Close enough to the source material to still be Dead Space, but "next gen" enough to justify existing. Assuming they don't make a 180 away from what they're showing, I'm in.

I'm not liking the way it looks at all. Why the heck was everything shiny and plasticy looking? And the smoke looks almost like you were in a steam room and just seemed way overdone.

Looks good, but wow do they love the "fog on the floor" effect

I'm not liking the way it looks at all. Why the heck was everything shiny and plasticy looking? And the smoke looks almost like you were in a steam room and just seemed way overdone.
Looks good, but wow do they love the "fog on the floor" effect
The game is still "extremely early in development." I don't know if they're even at alpha yet.

Dead Space update from Motive

Everything we showed was a work in progress which means that we’ll be working on things like Isaac’s suit, the aesthetic and ambiance of the Ishimura...we’re doing work to ensure it has the right level of wear and tear...for example, here is an early work in progress clip showing some of the ways that the team is going to be giving that worn look to the Ishimura...

https://www.reddit.com/r/DeadSpace/comments/plovbx/dead_space_update_from_motive/

I think they should have waited until they were at least in some real development before even mentioning that the game was being worked on.

I think they should have waited until they were at least in some real development before even mentioning that the game was being worked on.
I agree. It never goes well for developers to reveal a game so early on. Should have waited until they were at least at alpha stage in development.

Reactions: M76
like this
Dead Space update from Motive

Everything we showed was a work in progress which means that we’ll be working on things like Isaac’s suit, the aesthetic and ambiance of the Ishimura...we’re doing work to ensure it has the right level of wear and tear...for example, here is an early work in progress clip showing some of the ways that the team is going to be giving that worn look to the Ishimura...

https://www.reddit.com/r/DeadSpace/comments/plovbx/dead_space_update_from_motive/
I swear I wouldn't last 5 fucking minutes on that ship without tripping, rolling an ankle, or getting my key fob snagged on something. Or I'd just slip on a random metal panel on the floor that now has the friction coefficient of an ice rink because of a puddle and promptly tumble into and eviscerate myself on the nearest wall of tetanus.

It's like a key architectural decision was to create as many uneven surfaces as possible.

Gunner Wright, who voiced protagonist Isaac Clarke in the original, will reprise the character again in the remake...i

Wait....what...?! Clarke was a silent protagonist in the original, it complemented the atmosphere because it accentuated the sense of isolation and terror.

Wait....what...?! Clarke was a silent protagonist in the original, it complemented the atmosphere because it accentuated the sense of isolation and terror.
He's not going to be a chatty Cathy in the game but he's going to talk where it makes sense for him to say something instead of just standing there.

He's not going to be a chatty Cathy in the game but he's going to talk where it makes sense for him to say something instead of just standing there.

If you have that much faith in EA not fucking this up then I also know a couple of Nigerian princes with some great investment opportunities you might be interested in.

Motive has proven themselves at this point. I doubt they will. Further, there were some awkward moments in the first game where your guy is just standing there saying nothing with people talking to him.

If you have that much faith in EA not fucking this up then I also know a couple of Nigerian princes with some great investment opportunities you might be interested in.
And you clearly haven't bothered to do even one second of research to see who's actually making the game.

Blade hates all EA games, I think they killed his dog and he's held a vendetta against them ever since...he starts hating any EA game as soon as they are announced ;)

Agreed. I'm sure they'll figure out the right balance. 100% silent character is just awkward post 2010 era.

Agreed, It can work depending on the game and how they handle it, but most games do need a vocal character.

I have less than zero faith in EA. Occasionally they fuck up, and allow one of their studios to release a good (and complete) game.

Mirror’s Edge
Dead Space
Mass Effect
Archon
M.U.L.E.

It happens.

Of course they fuck up 90% of anything they touch.

Have faith in the studio, not the conglomerate.

They killed Ultima. One of the best series in PC gaming history. Richard Garriot may have stretched himself way too thin (ala Chris Roberts) but Ascension COULD have been the best thing since…. Sliced DOS games.

And you clearly haven't bothered to do even one second of research to see who's actually making the game.

The studio that made Battleturd 2 and Squadrons? That doesn't instill me with any greater faith.

Blade hates all EA games, I think they killed his dog and he's held a vendetta against them ever since...he starts hating any EA game as soon as they are announced ;)

Polonyc thinks that anyone who doesn't pre-order EA games at full price, who exercises a well justified dose of skepticism in relation to EA's marketing and who doesn't blindly defend their shit products broken products with pathetic excuses like "games are always broken at release, you need to give them 12 to 18 months to patch it into an acceptable product" is a hater. He doesn't mind that it makes him look like a shill and corporate apologist because at least he feels better about wasting his money on garbage.

I have less than zero faith in EA. Occasionally they fuck up, and allow one of their studios to release a good (and complete) game.

Mirror’s Edge
Dead Space
Mass Effect
Archon
M.U.L.E.

It happens.

Of course they fuck up 90% of anything they touch.

Have faith in the studio, not the conglomerate.

They killed Ultima. One of the best series in PC gaming history. Richard Garriot may have stretched himself way too thin (ala Chris Roberts) but Ascension COULD have been the best thing since…. Sliced DOS games.

It has occasionally happened, I don't disagree, but all of your examples are from bygone eras when EA was generally less shit and more open to taking creative risks. Ironically Mirror's Edge and Dead Space were directly attributable to John Riccitiello green lighting new IPs that were considered to be much riskier than what EA had conventionally developed in the past and allowing the development teams to create without interference from management.

Geez, get a room you two. There is no company out there that releases masterpieces 100% of the time. EA has released some good games in recent history like Jedi: Fallen Order.

Geez, get a room you two. There is no company out there that releases masterpieces 100% of the time. EA has released some good games in recent history like Jedi: Fallen Order.

I am quite literally playing through Fallen Order at the moment, and whilst it may be the most decent Star Wars game I have played since I don't know when, it still suffers from the same litany of problems exhibited by recent EA releases. It still hasn't been properly patched to fix stuttering above 30 fps, parts of levels still have bugged geometry that you or enemies get stuck on or fall through, the AI is often retarded, etc. That's leaving aside the forgettable story and characters, and dialogue which is sometimes beyond cringe.

Polonyc thinks that anyone who doesn't pre-order EA games at full price, who exercises a well justified dose of skepticism in relation to EA's marketing and who doesn't blindly defend their shit products broken products

OK so you do buy a lot of EA games (Fallen Order, Battlefront 2, Anthem, Dead Space etc)...it's just that you wait till they hit the $10 and under bargain bin...it's what you're known for...nothing wrong with that but why make up reasons to hate EA as a way of rationalizing your purchase decisions when the truth is that you're just very, shall we say, stingy with your $$ and won't pay more then $10 for any game?...if you really felt that way about EA then you wouldn't buy their games at any price

Last edited:
OK so you do buy a lot of EA games (Fallen Order, Battlefront 2, Anthem, Dead Space etc)...it's just that you wait till they hit the $10 and under bargain bin...it's what you're known for...nothing wrong with that but why make up reasons to hate EA
Only a clownish corporate apologist could confuse hate with valid skepticism and criticism based on a litany of shitty behavior spanning almost two decades. It does however make sense that you would use such a pathetic strawman argument to make yourself feel better about paying full price for shit products.

as a way of rationalizing your purchase decisions when the truth is that you're just very, shall we say, stingy with your $$ and won't pay more then $10 for any game?...
I have repeatedly and very clearly articulated that I pay what I consider a game to be worth...and in most cases EA games are not worth any more than $10 to me especially when taking into account my backlog of other games. There is a difference between being stingy and being savvy, which of course you clearly have no idea about given your propensity to reward and defend anti-consumer behavior from publishers like EA. This of course isn't new to you because it regularly comes up in threads where you choose to agitate arguments.

...if you really felt that way about EA then you wouldn't buy their games at any price
Another strawman argument, I can pay what I want for any product I use, and I can choose to buy and use that product being fully informed as to its merchantability. Clearly a difficult concept for a shill or apologist to grasp.

And here's a better idea, if you really feel that way about my posts put me on ignore....it will at least save me the trouble of responding to your asinine jibes.

Dead Space devs push remake release target out of 2022

Electronic Arts is now internally targeting an early 2023 release for its upcoming Dead Space remake...the company was originally considering an October 2022 timeframe, but it never announced that publicly...now, the company is taking extra time to ensure it gives the game enough time to wow fans when it returns...

https://venturebeat.com/2022/03/10/dead-space-devs-push-remake-release-target-out-of-2022/

Back