Dead Space or Mirror's Edge worth the buy on Steam?

yes and yes.

I've never been a fan of horror movies/games, but Dead Space sucked me in. I can't speak to the PC controls, but it was great on 360. Some don't approve of the way over-the-shoulder cam was implemented, but I thought it was great.

Mirror's Edge was a very unique experience. I appreciated the art direction and the soundtrack (I run to the soundtrack, great rhythm). The parkour mechanics were awesome, and though combat was a little tedious, those parts were far and few enough between that it didn't kill the game for me. All I know is I have rarely felt such satisfaction as landing a run-jump-tuck-land-slide combo without skipping a beat, and keep on going!

I can't wait for the sequel for both.

I played ME a while back and thought it was pretty slick. Bought it for $4.99.

DS is good, I have it on the PS3 though.

Both are well worth $5

Mirror's Edge is really fun and very unique. I didn't care for Dead Space at all...movement control was just way too uncomfortable and didn't feel right, and they game play got repetitive after about an hour.

mirrors edge is good too. only thing I didn't like about it is that the leaderboards are all garbage hacks. But SP is well worth the $5.

I would get both. I highly enjoyed each.

Dead Space is awesome because it's scary, and introduces a new mechanic for killing your enemies.

Mirror's Edge is awesome because there's never been a game like this that mixes parkour and combat.

Mirror's Edge seems to be a "love it or hate it" kind of game. It usually boils down to trial and error because it's so unforgiving (miss a jump and you die, more or less), but if you get good enough to string together a lot of jumps without plummeting to your doom it's absolutely amazing.

Dead Space was AWESOME, but I grew bored of the game about half way through it. It sure was scary, though.

wowo i checked on that deal and Spore is still 20$+ , is spore a good game? i've been waiting for it to come down to < 10$ for a while and i haven't seen it even close to that price yet.

I definitely recommend Mirror's Edge. They took a gamble making a game that was the first of it's kind, and it worked out really well. The control, soundtrack, and atmosphere are all fantastic. The way the view sways when you run feels very real. I barely knew what parkour was before playing it and now I have a deep appreciation of it. The music is so good I started looking around for a download of it, and told myself it would be awesome to actually run to if I ever started doing that. I've been running for two months now, anyone know where the soundtrack can be found?

Only played Dead Space on PS3. I thought it had some interesting aspects, but the controls made it a little more difficult than it should have been for me. It didn't hold my attention for long.

Mirrors Edge, good deal on steam.

Depending where you are Amazon might have dead space for cheaper (even though it would take longer before you can play it)

The music is so good I started looking around for a download of it, and told myself it would be awesome to actually run to if I ever started doing that. I've been running for two months now, anyone know where the soundtrack can be found?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...eld-keywords=Mirror's+Edge+soundtrack&x=0&y=0

Mine came with the hard copy of the game, but here's the album in mp3 on Amazon. I run to it. Tried switching to Daft Punk to change things up a bit, but the beat was all wrong. The ME soundtrack just fits perfectly; even the minor tempo changes between different tracks helps, because I change my pace to match which gives a better workout!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
wowo i checked on that deal and Spore is still 20$+ , is spore a good game? i've been waiting for it to come down to < 10$ for a while and i haven't seen it even close to that price yet.

No, not at all worth your time IMO.

Did PC ever get ME DLC? Like those crazy challenge levels. Whats the modding/mapping scene like?

Mirror's Edge can get tedious as others have said because it's so trial and error in spots, but overall it's a very neat game.

The controls in DS had me screaming at the monitor and I eventually deleted the game in frustration.

I'd go with ME for sure, and DS if you have patience.

I bought ME when it was $5 on the last steam sale to feature it. I'm gonna grab DS, GUYS GUYS, please someone, post up that stuff where you configure the .ini to make it a better PC experience.

Fail wants links! lots of links!

I thought Mirror's Edge was a very fun and unique experience and it ran well on my PC. I'm a huge fan of movement based games like Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia though. Definitely pick it up if you like the jumping and whatnot in those games.

I got Dead Space on my PS3 after hearing a lot of bad things about the PC version though. The Steam version supposedly doesn't have extra DRM (besides Steam obviously) so that's a plus at least.

ME is good, DS is good, but you NEED a 360 controller to get the most out of DS IMO. Playing it with keyboard/mouse is seriously just horrendous.

ME is good, DS is good, but you NEED a 360 controller to get the most out of DS IMO. Playing it with keyboard/mouse is seriously just horrendous.

I might grab it at it's current price and grab an x360 controller

now to get one cheap!

Try just maxing mouse sensitivity and playing with mouse/keyboard on DS.

I really liked Mirrors Edge though, I felt it was really something different compared to most games out there (especially on the PC). I really enjoyed the art style to, a game with bright colors to me really stood out when everything seems to be gray/black these days. I'll be buying the sequel to that probably if it comes, though I heard it didn't sell as well.

Last edited:
amazes me how people are afraid to spend 5-10$ on a game.

Get both they're both fantastic games. I just finished dead space last week and I finished ME a while ago but this thread just inspired me to start installing it again. :D

I played ME on PC, was a great refreshing and different experience. Traded it though, didn't see the point in playing it again.

DS I played on the PS3, I really wanted the atmosphere that only a surround sound setup with a bigass TV in the living room could pull off. Great Sur Horror style game.

I'm not too fond of mirror's edge, but dead space was amazing. You need a 360 controller for both in my opinion.

I didn't do a single thing to tweak DS and I thought it was an awesome game. Yes, controls are a bit sluggish with vsync on...I believe I played through with vsync turned off which helped greatly but after I played the game I read that you can turn vsync on and force triple buffering for best results. I used mouse/kb as always, and thought the controls were fine after a little adjusting.

I just don't see how some people couldn't like it. The camera didn't bother me at all once I became immersed in the atmosphere, which didn't take long. The ability to upgrade your weapons was a nice touch, and the zero-G sections were pretty neat. I really can't say enough about the game for $10...well worth it to me, but I know it's not for everyone. Oh well, glad I was one of those who could enjoy it as it was one of the better games that I've played in recent memory.

Also picked up ME. For $5 it's a no brainer for reasons stated above...really neat graphics, fresh gameplay mechanics, great soundtrack, and just a really neat atmosphere traversing the city by running on top of (and through) buildings. I wasn't a fan of some of the fight sequences, but like someone said they weren't a huge part of the gameplay anyway.

I <3 Steam...

$5 was piece of crap shareware on a floppy back in the day ($8.10 with inflation!)

Spend it and reward the devs of Mirrors Edge who made a great game.

I've played both of these, and at these prices, they are both worth it.

Of the two, I preferred Dead Space overall. That said, Mirror's Edge is a very unique experience that deserves to be played, even if it had a few flat moments.

dead space was such an awesome game ... it was well worth the $60 I paid for it back when it first released, I want to replay it so bad seeing Dead Space 2 coming out soon, too bad I traded it in :(

$10 for Dead Space is very much worth it. Even on PC. I can't wait for the sequel!!!

I bought Mirrors Edge even though I already own it on 360. $5 is well worth it for seeing it in full 1080p at max settings and for pretty screenshots. :D

Plus, it's a fun game and I won't mind playing it again.

With that said, my wallet is shrinking at an alarming rate. I hope I have enough money to make it through the end of this week. ;)

Disable PhysX on Mirror's Edge.

Haven't played Dead Space.

Last edited:
One thing to note, Mirrors Edge is actually I believe one of the few titles with actual noticeable PhysX effects, so you can experience some PhysX if you are a Nvidia user.

Spore was a really cool concept, and could get you involved in spending some time in the creator aspects of it, but just totally fell flat as a game. They put in all this really interesting technology to let you create these creatures and civilizations and whole worlds, but you never had anything fun to do with them.

Definitely YES for Dead Space.

I got Mirror's Edge from a Best Buy bargain bin for $7.99. Wasn't worth it.

Back