Dead Space anyone?

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
Is anyone interested in Dead Space? it looks pretty good and interesting, kinda like Bioshock in space?

Looks like RE1 in space to me.

I'm especially liking that there will be enviromental hazards. Seeing that door take that guy's arm off when he got close was awesome.

I got a couple games preordered around the time DS comes out so I probably won't be able to play it anytime soon but I hope its recieved well. I like the idea/story behind the game.

Dead Space indeed. I can't wait for this to come out. If anyone's wondering how boss this game's gonna be, check out the vids at IGN's page.

Dead Space and Far Cry are the two games I'm most interested in of the big releases for 2008.

Look, I am hopeful. I just want a good multiplayer and these probably aren't it. Being grumpy.
I'm a single player type so I don't care if these games are the two worst multiplayer EVER. Gimme a fun SP experience and I'm a happy guy.

yea i def. want this game but dont want to get it for console.. thats what sucks.. as others have said, it will be shit on pc so your almost forced to buy for console just to get a half decent experience out of it :(

Game reminds me of The Thing and Aliens. I heard the guy you play as can get killed in many ways, should be entertaining to watch.

the more videos I see of this game the less interesting it looks. having to dismember every creature you encounter will become tedious Im sure.

the more videos I see of this game the less interesting it looks. having to dismember every creature you encounter will become tedious Im sure.

I'm pretty sure there's also the RE "Haul ass to a safe zone" method or the alternate "Slow them down enough to haul ass to a safe zone" method. Or maybe you can use the enviroment against them(hit em with that stasis thing when they're in position to up your chances).

I am just VERY skeptical of any game that is cross platform. For good reason lol.

Far Cry 2 might be interesting. Maybe.

I am, now.

Unless it was made on PC first then ported later, not the other way around.

I'm more on a trial and error track. Right now I'm not bothering anything with the dev team that worked on the PC port of Mercenaries 2(the guys Pandemic had working on it).

I am, now.

Unless it was made on PC first then ported later, not the other way around.

I hate to rain on your parade, but most developers primarily develop for consoles, then port it to PCs with slightly better graphics. There are very few developers that develop on PCs and then port to consoles. Ofcourse, there's a reason for it - all PC gamers are pirates, so why make the extra effort? :eek:

I hate to rain on your parade, but most developers primarily develop for consoles, then port it to PCs with slightly better graphics. There are very few developers that develop on PCs and then port to consoles. Ofcourse, there's a reason for it - all PC gamers are pirates, so why make the extra effort? :eek:

Im already soaking wet, so this aint news to me buddy. This is why I haven't bought many games lately. Mass Effect was the last console->PC port I bought, and to be honest, I thought it was pretty good.

Im already soaking wet, so this aint news to me buddy. This is why I haven't bought many games lately. Mass Effect was the last console->PC port I bought, and to be honest, I thought it was pretty good.

Demiurge kicked ass with that port. No massive glaring bugs, made the mouse relevant, and even made the Mako much easier to use on the go. They even included a console if you wanted to mess with crap.

Anyone check out the six-part Dead Space comic movie? I just finished watching them. Pretty creepy and well done. You can download all six episodes on Fileplanet.

Anyone check out the six-part Dead Space comic movie? I just finished watching them. Pretty creepy and well done. You can download all six episodes on Fileplanet.

Yeah, finished watching them today. They were cool, but it'll be awesome if they work some of those characters into the storyline of the game.

Back