Dead Space 2 - thoughts, opinions?

I just got this the other day....I thought the FOV was fine. Not getting dizzy or anything like that. But 3d on three montiors would be great. I mean like tony the tiger great!

I just got this the other day....I thought the FOV was fine. Not getting dizzy or anything like that. But 3d on three montiors would be great. I mean like tony the tiger great!

Yeah this is how I'm playing it, it's pretty sweet.

This game was longer than I was expecting, 12+ hours for me. Hated that guy at on the last level who wouldn't die and following you around, lol.

Well for $3.25 it was well worth it, $39.99 on amazon and selling back for $36.75 today.

lack of AA its not noticeable at all to me when actually playing this game. now in screenshots its quite noticeable though.

lack of AA its not noticeable at all to me when actually playing this game. now in screenshots its quite noticeable though.

I thought the same thing until I played it with AA enabled. Its a feast for the eyes - a great compromise between visuals and performance. Butter smooth at 2560 x 1600 with 4x MSAA.

Curious response from EA to Gamespot's question regarding the upcoming "Severed" DLC and whether it was coming to PC:

"The team is focusing on Severed for X360 and PS3."

Not exactly a complete ruling-out of Severed turning up on the PC...far, far from a guarantee as well, but interesting nonetheless.

Loved returning to the Ishimura.

Just walking down the empty corridors was enough to cause the hairs on my neck to stand up. A real post-traumatic-stress-like moment, for sure.

Curious response from EA to Gamespot's question regarding the upcoming "Severed" DLC and whether it was coming to PC:

Not exactly a complete ruling-out of Severed turning up on the PC...far, far from a guarantee as well, but interesting nonetheless.

Sort of Makes sense. The DLC market for PC isn't nearly as big so they'll have a much better ROI specifically focusing on the consoles.

I say good for them, I'm sure it'll make it's way to us eventually as it seems DS2 PC sold pretty well.

Gawd.

The Ishimura level was transporting. Revisiting all those areas I had been to in the previous game felt very surreal, since I was seeing it through the new engine. That blue phosphorescent lighting throughout the ship was stunning. Did anybody else here find this level to be fascinating?

I happened to purchase the classic engineering suit before entering this level, and it made me feel like a Big Daddy, except that the movement was super fluid. Even when Isaac is standing still he's fun to watch.

I HAVE to play this level again. I might even start over again right away as soon as I finish. God I love this game!

The Ishimura level was transporting. Revisiting all those areas I had been to in the previous game felt very surreal, since I was seeing it through the new engine. That blue phosphorescent lighting throughout the ship was stunning. Did anybody else here find this level to be fascinating?

The level was great until the stupid as hell "corridor of a thousand enemies".

Gawd.

I happened to purchase the classic engineering suit before entering this level, and it made me feel like a Big Daddy, except that the movement was super fluid. Even when Isaac is standing still he's fun to watch.

I HAVE to play this level again. I might even start over again right away as soon as I finish. God I love this game!

What level was this? Perhaps I didn't notice or I'm not there yet.

What level was this? Perhaps I didn't notice or I'm not there yet.

It's Chapter Ten. I loved every second of it. You make your way through the Ishimura, which has been decontaminated - everything has been wiped down and covered up. Just insanely atmospheric.

I've gotta say, being onbard ship, in the narrow corridors, really ramped up the intensity level... and can I say it again, I loved that blue lighting.

i stopped playing after the first couple levels...boring after the beginning, first couple chapters had me on edge, after that it's like....meh...

i stopped playing after the first couple levels...boring after the beginning, first couple chapters had me on edge, after that it's like....meh...

Super interesting.

Dead Space 2 presently costs $59.99 - a price point that's got a lot of people riled up. The majority of people are now saying that at that price they're only going to buy titles they know they're going to like. Most people are saying that they'll wait for a Steam sale.

You spent $59.99 on a title and then only played 'the first couple of levels'?

Your post is utterly amazing to me! If I had spent that much money on a title, no way would I abandon it that quickly. After just a few levels, really?

No way would I be so lax in my remarks about the game either - meh, is about the extent of your criticism. Me, I'd be super pissed off, not only with the game, but with myself for not having done my research before spending that much money.

I guess I could be charitable here, and assume that money is no object to you, and that you're loaded - but the rig in your signature suggests otherwise.

Me, no way would I walk away from a game after spending $60 on it. But hey. I guess that's just me.

Oh look, I see smoke on the horizon.

Super interesting.

Dead Space 2 presently costs $59.99 - a price point that's got a lot of people riled up. The majority of people are now saying that at that price they're only going to buy titles they know they're going to like. Most people are saying that they'll wait for a Steam sale.

Your post is utterly amazing to me! If I had spent that much money on a title, no way would I abandon it that quickly. After just a few levels, really?

No way would I be so lax in my remarks about the game either - meh, is about the extent of your criticism. Me, I'd be super pissed off, not only with the game, but with myself for not having done my research before spending that much money.

I guess I could be charitable here, and assume that money is no object to you, and that you're loaded - but the rig in your signature suggests otherwise.

Me, no way would I walk away from a game after spending $60 on it. But hey. I guess that's just me.

I'm surprised you can find it for so cheap now. Best Buy retail and amazon are both $40 for pc. That's a great price.

Super interesting.

He pirated it obviously.

Super interesting.

Ok you just thought waaaaaayyyyyy too hard about me bro. Kinda creepy. I would never force myself to play a damned video game I don't like. I don't care what it costs. Money doesn't make a game good bad or even playable. To use your logic I should play the inexpensive games much less......

Yes, it got boring fast. I was on the fence for a long time on this game before release. I don't usually go for these types of games. Last game of this type I bought was Doom3. Considering the fact I haven't spent $50-60 on every AAA title since Doom3 like many do kind of makes it easy to suck it up when you end up getting suckered into "Doom3 the Reprise"

I guess WabeWalker is saying that most people would never pay 60 bucks for a game they are not pumped about playing. Dead Space 2 plays exactly as it was advertised so anybody that actually wanted the game would probably play it to completion.

I guess WabeWalker is saying that most people would never pay 60 bucks for a game they are not pumped about playing. Dead Space 2 plays exactly as it was advertised so anybody that actually wanted the game would probably play it to completion.

I have never completed a single video game on pc or console in my life. I think what you guys aren't getting is I have a very very narrow attention span. Not short, narrow. If a book, movie, game or situation does not grab me in a few minutes, rounds, whatever, then I never look back. Money has nothing to do with my satisfaction at all.

I have never completed a single video game on pc or console in my life. I think what you guys aren't getting is I have a very very narrow attention span. Not short, narrow. If a book, movie, game or situation does not grab me in a few minutes, rounds, whatever, then I never look back. Money has nothing to do with my satisfaction at all.

Which is why I wrote, super interesting.

I read through the entire thread regarding the new $60 price point for the triple-A games, and the vast majority of people there... I'd go so far as to say virtually everyone there... made it clear that $60 is a hell of a lot to spend on a game. Most people, before paying for a $60 title, are going to research it.

As Cannondale wrote above, with Dead Space 2 there's already Dead Space. If you didn't like Dead Space then you're not going to like Dead Space 2 either. If you didn't play Dead Space, then why didn't you start there - it can be bought for ten dollars?

But to abandon a game after just a few levels, especially a $60 game, and then to be so lax about it as you were - just saying, "Meh, I got bored by it" - wow. I know of very few Hardforum members who would exhibit an attitude like that.

Me, I'm just sick and tired of people pirating titles, spending ten minutes on them, and then coming into threads like this one and either shitting all over the game, or just saying something along the lines of, blah, crap game, console port, etc. etc. I'm glad to hear that you're not one of those.

It's Chapter Ten. I loved every second of it. You make your way through the Ishimura, which has been decontaminated - everything has been wiped down and covered up. Just insanely atmospheric.

I've gotta say, being onbard ship, in the narrow corridors, really ramped up the intensity level... and can I say it again, I loved that blue lighting.

I think it's actually chapter 9, maybe 10 too. But holy shit you were right! The lighting is fucking awesome and it's great to be back on the ishimura.

Wow i wish i had your money, dropping $60 for 15mins of entertainment. You must be ballin

Last edited:
Steam already has this game for $40 and I don't think it's on sale; was it a $60 game at release?

Woot!

A sweet patch has been released. A ton of new weapons, and eight - count 'em, eight - new engineering suits have been added to the store.

The patch is a .exe copy and paste job.

Get it here, girls.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5225708.page
lol, you are slacking because that's been out for a week or so. within a few days after the game was released we already access to all that stuff and more thanks to a few savvy people. in fact I already have played through the game 3 times with every possible weapon and suit available including the silly handcannon. there is also a little tweak that even unlocks the conduit doors that only console users were supposed to have access to after completing Ignition.

Back